Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shoot the Palace scum - Really??

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Of course it is only a game and it really doesnt matter who wins...............except it is also the single best thing that has happened to me this year and I wasn't even there. It created a huge wave of emotion which almost a day later is still sinking in, I have pretended to work while secretly watching videos, reading match reports and every post on NSC. I have sent and received dozens of emails and texts from fellow Albion fans or football mates who wanted to talk about THE match of the year. It is up there with the same Adrenalin rush as a running a marathon or passing an exam. I cant wait for match of the day to watch and hear about it all again. I have changed my background to the group huddle photo and looked at the league table 30 times.

but of course it’s only a game and it doesn’t matter who wins

Great post. Imagine the total opposite of how you feel after the game.

Well that’s me, I’ve avoided social media and my inbox for most of the day.

Haven’t felt this gutted over football since we lost the FA cup final, in fact this hurts more.

Enjoy the gloating, it’s been a while.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Great post. Imagine the total opposite of how you feel after the game.

Well that’s me, I’ve avoided social media and my inbox for most of the day.

Haven’t felt this gutted over football since we lost the FA cup final, in fact this hurts more.

Enjoy the gloating, it’s been a while.

Stop being REASONABLE.

We want to abuse you.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
It's a pastiche fella, it's not literal. But it's also a test of character for the players being targeted. Lewis Dunk was subjected to their song which effectively accuses of him of being a rapist (despite all the evidence to the contrary). Zaha got the dog's abuse he deserves for his diving, cheating and hypocritical whining (when he himself carried out 2 nasty fouls). And, yes, because he is a dangerous player and we fear him. Now, who do you think best came through those tests of character?

I would argue the abuse we gave Zaha was instrumental in his poor performance, due to his fragile temperament. This, in part, is why true fans go to games, not just to be a spectator but to passionately support their team and help influence the outcome. Geddit?

PG

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Wash your mouth out son,
And go get your fathers pun
And make it so wiitty when done
That we’ll all have fun.

Pillock.....

Jan 30, 2008
First off - thank you BHAFC for a truly astounding display last night. So much good to say about that it's not true.

But....

This may be an unpopular post but I was curious if it’s just me that thinks this way.

As we all know, football has cleaned up it’s act and pretty successfully got rid of violence, racism and homophobia. Presumably everyone agrees that’s a good thing. Once upon a time I assume that even though many would have disapproved of one or more of those things, that yet everyone would just shrug their shoulders and say “that’s just part of football I’m afraid”. That was until someone actually stood up and did something about it. And then it wasn’t part of football any more and the game is all the better for it.

Well, I’d like to propose we carry on down that path a little further. Why don’t we all stop with the genuine abuse and hatred? Good natured banter is fine, lot’s of fun in fact. Having a rival - a pantomime villain - is also fun. But surely when I have to listen to 90 minutes of people screaming at the top of their lungs with genuine venom “Zaha you f***ing c**t!” “You f***ing w***er!” surely we have crossed way over a line from good natured banter into just plain ugly, moronic abuse. Why is that ok?

I know the history of why “we hate Palace”. But really? Really?!? Does anyone actually, *genuinely* see that as a reason to hate the whole football club 42 years later?? Like I said, if they're our pantomime villain and that’s the only pretext we need to make Crystal Palace that then fine. But honestly, why the genuine hostility and hatred?

I’m sure there are many who will tell me right where to stick my point of view. I’m just curious if anyone else out there feels it’s time to grow up a bit and move on?
:fishing:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here