Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Do look at multi car insurance - saved us £££

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Some of you may recall that I had been tasked with sourcing the good lady Doctor her indoors a car a few weeks ago. I pick it up for her tomorrow. I needed to arrange insurance for her and, like you would, I used the price comparison sites to get quotes.

As a stand alone policy, it would have been ~£650 pa, with her as main driver/keeper/owner, and me as a named driver. I called my car insurers about a multi-car policy, and the quote is £83 until the end of my policy (6 months away).

She gets to build her own NCD; if she has a prang in her car, it doesn't affect my NCD on my car; we can separate the policies at any point and both or one of us go elsewhere.

I'm sure there's a catch somewhere, but I'm damned if I can see it.

Can you?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No catch, we do multicar for me and my daughter as well as our buildings ins and contents ins and her contents ins all within the same multi policy. Saves us a fortune.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
After sex I spend a lot of agonising minutes wondering when it’s ok to start reading my book without making the missus feel I’m over the sex.

About 18 hours ago we smashed palace. I’m not ready for you to be sufficiently over that to talk about car insurance.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the main catch i can see is it would be expensive to leave multicar, going back to individual policies, so they can ratchet up the premiums each year (as they do) without much fear of you looking elsewhere.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
After sex I spend a lot of agonising minutes wondering when it’s ok to start reading my book without making the missus feel I’m over the sex.

About 18 hours ago we smashed palace. I’m not ready for you to be sufficiently over that to talk about car insurance.

You make a good point.

She seems to feel about 45 minutes is about right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here