Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barren Apsinall...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think, paradoxically, this is worldwide and has a longer version of the highlights at the end.
(apols if not). Even more Warren excitement.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06r0w4z

Cheers for that. I didn't think they would have made this programme available to listen again. Classic bit of JC: "Full-time whistle – surely that's it" :dunce: :lol:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
That is absolutely brilliant!

He might have been associated with a number of clubs but Warren is definitely one of our own these days. Great reaction.

I always fondly remember his goal celebrations at Carlisle at least a decade or so ago. He came over to the corner flag, swung around on it, and , if my memory serves me right, started to smoke an imaginary cigar.......total class...like him a lot..one of ours indeed.

TNBA

TTF

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I always fondly remember his goal celebrations at Carlisle at least a decade or so ago. He came over to the corner flag, swung around on it, and , if my memory serves me right, started to smoke an imaginary cigar.......total class...like him a lot..one of ours indeed.

TNBA

TTF

I do love WA. A little story about him (and Micky Adams):

About the mid 2000’s my Dad managed mine and my brothers football team in deepest darkest Hampshire. Anyway, one presentation night the local ‘celeb’ pro due to present the awards dropped out on the morning of the presentation.

We needed to sort someone else and for some reason that I can’t remember, my Dad had Micky Adams phone number and due to his local connections thought he’d try his luck and see if he was around.

Unsurprisingly he wasn’t available but he said he’d see what he could do. Anyway, he rang back to say that Warren was available, lived round the corner and was happy to do it. Obviously being ex Pompey he was still quite well known around here then as well.

He came along and was brilliant. Had a long chat with him and he was an absolute gent, very funny and genuine. Will always be grateful to him (and Micky) for that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You get a very honest WA on the radio, but a far more honest one still in the press room before and after the game, giving often unbroadcastable opinions... :ohmy:

I can see what you’ve done here, excellent work!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Cheers for that. I didn't think they would have made this programme available to listen again. Classic bit of JC: "Full-time whistle – surely that's it" :dunce: :lol:

the Final Whistle bit (phone ins, manager interviews etc) is always available on BBC Sounds every week but as they schedule these things automatically, if the game is running late (especially for the evening ones) then you get a bit of bonus commentary too.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We’ll enjoy that forever. Christmas came early to Sussex.

The club should a.s.a.p. edit the pre-match fanzone video to include the Andone goal, with JC/WA.

Andone's goal I think just about beats Davids free kick when we beat them 3/0 imho....indeed last nights win ranks higher imho given the circumstances

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
The more I listen to WA, the more I love the guy. When he first started, I thought no one could replace John Byrne, but Warren not only brings the game alive with his obvious passion, but actually has some incisive insights too, and he's always willing to praise a player even if's he's been slagging them off (Izqueirdo comes to mind a lot) previously in the game. Some commentators take against a player and can never see the good in them. Not our Warren.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The more I listen to WA, the more I love the guy. When he first started, I thought no one could replace John Byrne, but Warren not only brings the game alive with his obvious passion, but actually has some incisive insights too, and he's always willing to praise a player even if's he's been slagging them off (Izqueirdo comes to mind a lot) previously in the game. Some commentators take against a player and can never see the good in them. Not our Warren.

Agree. What I also like is that I always have a really clear understanding of how the game is going and on many levels; he really is a natural. He is excellent at what he does. And by all accounts he’s a decent guy who has also had some problems. I’m pleased he’s found this.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I thought the same about Harty, I was a bit gutted when he hung up the microphone. A true Albion fan, I loved his passion for the club.

But Johnny Cantor has been immense, love him. He’s so good, he’s far better than most of 5live and MOTD’s shouty bunch of a amateurs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here