Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] To all Palace Fans, Please post your opinions on last night here.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Palace fan here. What is there to say other than to hold our hands up and admit that you were simply better than us on the night. Putting aside our shambolic performance, I can only say you fully deserved that win from start to finish. Going down to ten men i thought we might have a chance to get back (as you would) but what followed.... Before the game i thought we might lose, but was confident of picking up at least a point, but that's how it goes sometimes. It was painful viewing, and hopefully we can make amends later on this season, but for now fair play and well done, fully deserved 3 points so enjoy it, as i know i would be if the shoe was on the other foot. :cheers:

Well done to you, for coming on here and admitting, it wasn't your night.
It's hard to come out and criticise your OWN club on the opposition's forum.
One Palace fan I know, always says, wait till after the Christmas/ New Year schedule, then things will be seen a lot clearer.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
For no rational reason I was a bit (just a tiny bit really) concerned when Sorloth came on. I had it in mind that with a tiring defence he might just fluke something and kickstart a revival. I needn't have worried. Then Schlupp came on and all my worries disappeared. We have a vastly superior squad now and certainly not a collective of individuals like they have.

£21m doesn’t get you much these days...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We wanted it a lot more than Palace - first to every 50/50.

But beyond that the subs did indeed show how paper thin their squad is. They have less depth than a toddlers paddling pool in a drought.

In any other team Benteke would have been dropped for repeated failure had he not been injured. There he appears to be the only alternative to playing two wingers in a cross between up front, false nine and, er, winger.

The German Messi appears to have adapted to the Prem about as well as I have to shopping in Laura Ashley with my Mrs. Schlupp is barely a footballer, Tomkins has the speed and desire of a stoned hippo and as for the Norwegian, he made COG look half decent.

Massive amount of money needed on that squad but with some tight Yanks holding the purse strings, Parish too busy orally pleasuring The Always Ultras, a Stand to build and a wage bill the size of Sweden I wouldn’t be holding my breath if I was them.

Lovely stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Hasn’t Uncle Roy said recently that they won’t be singing a striker in January? I’m sure i saw it somewhere.

If they don’t sing a very decent front man, this could be their relegation season.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
read somewhere that their kitchens got a 0 food hygiene rating recently (not sure if at training ground or stadium). Says it all about where palace are as a club really. Nothing to show whatsoever for their time in the prem.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
I'll do it for them:

Outplayed
Outfought
Out thought
Our passed
Out subbed (after 6 years in the Premier League they bring on a Norwegian Sunday league player, we bring on Andone, AK and Balogun)
Out sung (never heard them)

In addition I'd like to add, the Albion have:

Better Squad
Better Starting 11
Better Manager
Better Ground
Better Chairman
Better Training Ground
Better Under 18s and Under 23s
Bigger attendances.
Better Financial Situation

Mind the Gap Palace.

Better Attitude
Better Understanding
Better Character

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hasn’t Uncle Roy said recently that they won’t be singing a striker in January? I’m sure i saw it somewhere.

If they don’t sing a very decent front man, this could be their relegation season.

Roy has been at pains to point out that they simply have no money. Not overly surprising I suppose, when you buy the likes of Benteke for the equivalent of SIX Andone's, and then pay him £120,000 a week to not score goals.

If they stay hovering in or around the bottom 3, it will only make it even more difficult for them to attract the quality striker they so desperately need. Its so sad, it really is.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What’s annoying is that for the first time Palace do look like a genuinely poor team, but unfortunately there are easily 3 worse teams, so they won’t go down.
I think I'm in the minority in that I think their team is reasonable. They're missing decent strikers, and I'm not sure they have much depth in the squad, but I think their first 11 isn't bad. Sure they didn't play well yesterday, and we did. It happens. But that doesn't suddenly mean they're rubbish.

Obviously I want to be proven wrong, but that's what I think at the moment.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
checked my phone at 9.45 saw we won the second half
:lol: Good ol' Roy.
shrugged the shoulders and life goes on.
Indeed.
I feel quite sad my mojo for football over the last 3 seasons is so low, I want to blame my club but its just premier football bores the pants of me.
Apart from somehow managing to stay up each time, Palace have had a terrible 3 years. For the calendar year on 2016 Palace had the fewest points (and fewest per game) out of the entire top 4 divisions (Brighton, in case anyone had forgotten, had the most). They stayed up in 2017 thanks to fat Sam.

Then last season they broke the all time English record for losing every game at the start of a season without scoring. A record they then broke when they lost their next game.

Meanwhile your owners have done nothing useful with the hundreds of millions you've earned in the top flight, you're still in a derelict stadium.

It's no wonder your mojo is low, but I suspect it's because of results and the actions of your owners, not because of PL football.

AJ's magic

Oct 21, 2018
Have had a day now to reflect on last nights match.

What is evidently clear is the fact that you lot were better on the night and fully deserved the win. It is fair to say that the first two goals in the game were unfortunate from our point of view but then again, the defending from the 'non' corner was awful.

In some ways the red card helped you lot because you were then well within your rights to protect what you had and calmly see out the second half without the need to show any attacking intent.

What we saw in the second half was a pretty depleted palace XI who lacked the fire power to even begin to get back into the game. I actually can't remember Ryan making a save.

It was a crazy game that was always going to boil down to who could handle the occasion better, much like the 3-2 at Selhurst last season where we handled it better, last night it looked as if your players wanted it more.

I genuinely don't believe your squad is better than ours and reckon we will still finish above you (one of those typical palace second half of the season runs). What is eviedent however is that the whole structure of BHAFC as much as it pains me to say is excellent, from infrastructure right down to recruitment, highlighted by you lot bringing on Andone and us the useless lump Sorloth.

I thought the occasion got to Zaha last night and he wasnt able to impact the game in the way he usually does. Ultimately after six years in the top flight all we have to show for it is a very good starting XI without much substance behind it, (training ground, stadium, squad depth).

In my opinion the game last night was won in a crazy first half that lacked any real quality. You lot were due a win against us though to be fair, normal service will be resumed in March, that I am sure of

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Please tell me that Dougie and SE20 have been on.

What about Littlehampton Eagle (that is one person not a group name), has he been on?

I think Typical Palace, Red and and Blue, Loz and SWillis has been on. Respect!

CPFC G?

Little Al?

Essex Eagle?

Where are you boys?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here