Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] To all Palace Fans, Please post your opinions on last night here.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I'll do it for them:

Outplayed
Outfought
Out thought
Our passed
Out subbed (after 6 years in the Premier League they bring on a Norwegian Sunday league player, we bring on Andone, AK and Balogun)
Out sung (never heard them)

In addition I'd like to add, the Albion have:

Better Squad
Better Starting 11
Better Manager
Better Ground
Better Chairman
Better Training Ground
Better Under 18s and Under 23s
Bigger attendances.
Better Financial Situation

Mind the Gap Palace.

Better Women's Team

Dtrv2AAWwAAo_0Q.jpg

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Have had a day now to reflect on last nights match.

What is evidently clear is the fact that you lot were better on the night and fully deserved the win. It is fair to say that the first two goals in the game were unfortunate from our point of view but then again, the defending from the 'non' corner was awful.

In some ways the red card helped you lot because you were then well within your rights to protect what you had and calmly see out the second half without the need to show any attacking intent.

What we saw in the second half was a pretty depleted palace XI who lacked the fire power to even begin to get back into the game. I actually can't remember Ryan making a save.

It was a crazy game that was always going to boil down to who could handle the occasion better, much like the 3-2 at Selhurst last season where we handled it better, last night it looked as if your players wanted it more.

I genuinely don't believe your squad is better than ours and reckon we will still finish above you (one of those typical palace second half of the season runs). What is eviedent however is that the whole structure of BHAFC as much as it pains me to say is excellent, from infrastructure right down to recruitment, highlighted by you lot bringing on Andone and us the useless lump Sorloth.

I thought the occasion got to Zaha last night and he wasnt able to impact the game in the way he usually does. Ultimately after six years in the top flight all we have to show for it is a very good starting XI without much substance behind it, (training ground, stadium, squad depth).

In my opinion the game last night was won in a crazy first half that lacked any real quality. You lot were due a win against us though to be fair, normal service will be resumed in March, that I am sure of

Some balanced points.

Going down to 10 men is clearly not beneficial in any way however. The only way it "helped" was that it necessitated a tactical change that immediately put us 2 up and that in turn led to all but your immobile centre backs "defending" the clearance that Andone chased down and scored from. Imagine the second half if it had been 3-0 and 11 v 11. You would still have had to throw everything into attack and you would have been picked off.

I am struggling with this squad strength argument when you rightly point out that you had absolutely nothing on the bench. I guess you could point out you have Benteke and Wickham to come back but is it not a case of their importance being overstated simply because they are unavailable? Neither has been prolific and every other post by Palace fans when Benteke plays is to question why he is selected.

You need a good January window but going by your summer efforts you are right to question the recruitment.

It definitely was a crazy first half though and I doubt we'll see the likes again.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

What is evidently clear is the fact that you lot were better on the night and fully deserved the win. It is fair to say that the first two goals in the game were unfortunate from our point of view but then again, the defending from the 'non' corner was awful.

In some ways the red card helped you lot because you were then well within your rights to protect what you had and calmly see out the second half without the need to show any attacking intent.

What we saw in the second half was a pretty depleted palace XI who lacked the fire power to even begin to get back into the game. I actually can't remember Ryan making a save.

It was a crazy game that was always going to boil down to who could handle the occasion better, much like the 3-2 at Selhurst last season where we handled it better, last night it looked as if your players wanted it more.

I genuinely don't believe your squad is better than ours and reckon we will still finish above you (one of those typical palace second half of the season runs). What is eviedent however is that the whole structure of BHAFC as much as it pains me to say is excellent, from infrastructure right down to recruitment, highlighted by you lot bringing on Andone and us the useless lump Sorloth.

I thought the occasion got to Zaha last night and he wasnt able to impact the game in the way he usually does. Ultimately after six years in the top flight all we have to show for it is a very good starting XI without much substance behind it, (training ground, stadium, squad depth).

In my opinion the game last night was won in a crazy first half that lacked any real quality. You lot were due a win against us though to be fair, normal service will be resumed in March, that I am sure of

Yes non corner ..should have been a penalty shouldn't it!
Contradict yourself ...we brought on Andone you brought on the ''useless lump''...but you reckon your squad is stronger...think again
You've got some way to go if you think you will finish higher...whats that one win in ten? ..best of luck with that
Normal service in March? ..Dream on

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Our first penalty should not have been a penalty. However, the 'non' corner should have been a penalty. Not a close call, it was a definite foul by Tomkins. So we should have been 1 up and still with 11 men, rather than 2 up with 10 men.

We'll never know whether having 10 men helped us or not. Had we have still had 11 on the pitch you could have lost by a lot more.

In my opinion the game last night was won in a crazy first half that lacked any real quality.
I don't think that's a fair assessment on the way Brighton played. We passed the ball around and probed well, defended well when we had too, and Andone's solo goal was impressive.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Forgive me, I'm easily confused. As I understand it, only Benteke was missing from your squad. How else was the team depleted? And how does this square with having a very good starting XI? Given Benteke's scoring record, it's hard to believe his absence was the crucial difference.

FWIW: Last season, your player wage bill was, per player, 67%( https://www.statista.com/statistics/675303/average-epl-salary-by-team/) higher than ours.

You may 'believe' you will finish above us this season but you don't present any evidence to suggest why, and how.

PG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You should never end a sentence with a preposition. But you're welcome to end you stay in the PL with one.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
. Ultimately after six years in the top flight all we have to show for it is a very good starting XI without much substance behind it, (training ground, stadium, squad depth).

. You lot were due a win against us though to be fair, normal service will be resumed in March, that I am sure of

"a very good starting 11" ........ simply not proven to be true

We beat you at home 2 - 1 at the beginning of the year.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Please tell me that Dougie and SE20 have been on.

What about Littlehampton Eagle (that is one person not a group name), has he been on?

I think Typical Palace, Red and and Blue, Loz and SWillis has been on. Respect!

CPFC G?

Little Al?

Essex Eagle?

Where are you boys?

Back in the office today, Stayed down in Brighton Tuesday evening for a few beers after the game.

Not too much to add really, We played poorly, Your team played well.

First goal was joke decision by the referee apart from that no complaints from me, Well done.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
That idiot [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] will have to cancel her NSC account now. But it won't. One win for them and a loss for us and it'll be back. The troll has managed to rack up almost 5k posts on the back of childish ramblings.

But it doesn't show itself after the drubbing. But it's watching, guaranteed. How pathetic is that?

And the usual trolls are pathetically humble, [MENTION=27507]sailor[/MENTION] excepted. What a sad bunch of losers.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton

First goal was joke decision by the referee apart from that no complaints from me, Well done.

Laughable.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
As we have such an infestation of fans of our 'Teachers' from up the road that are all too keen to post their wisdom on here, it seems only fair to give them all a special place to pass their thoughts of last night on to us.
View attachment 102666

:tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble:

HERES WHAT A PALACE FAN I WORK WITH SENT ME - YOU SEE SOME OF THEM ARE PERFECTLY NORMAL , IF MISGUIDED , INDIVIDUALS !!

Hands up, – a thoroughly deserved victory. Outfought and outplayed; it felt a bit like roles were reversed from what it’s usually like at Selhurst. I wish I could say it was our worst performance of the season but there have probably been a few instances already where we’ve been equally pedestrian.

We just didn’t turn up, if I’m honest. Think the win over Burnley papered over some serious cracks and if we lose to West Ham on Saturday (which, unfortunately, I have a ticket for) then Roy will be under proper pressure.

Very impressed with Brighton, though – as hard as that is to say. Hughton clearly had them riled up for it and you blew us out of the water. Even with ten men you were comfortably the better team. Worst part about it is that you looked like the solid mid-table team we’ve been trying to become for the past six years!

Congrats and well done again. Until March now, I suppose…

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Some interesting points - and fair play for coming on here (shame we can't post on your main board, how pathetic is that...) you are right we handled it better and got the early breaks (although the non-corner could easily have been given as a penalty - I think it would have been if we hadn't already had one.)

What do you mean by depleted - Benteke obviously - who else was missing (don't say Connor Wickham, he's an average Championship player)

You clearly contradict yourself by stating you "genuinely don't believe your squad is better than ours" yet then continue "Ultimately after six years in the top flight all we have to show for it is a very good starting XI without much substance behind it, (training ground, stadium, squad depth)" and "highlighted by you lot bringing on Andone and us the useless lump Sorloth."

Your 1-11 is a solid mid table side with some good players, and one exceptional one. You won't go down, not even close, there are several sides who are far worse, but after 6 years in the PL if I was a Palace fan I would be very worried about what is going on at SP .

Wages being paid out to players who are simply not PL standard and can't get near the squad, let alone the starting 11
Plans for the new stand seem to have stalled (£100 million for one stand - identical to our West Stand - really?)
The AW stand is a disgrace and must be close to being condemned.
The UA seem to be deciding who sits where at SP. STH who sit in Block E being turfed out of their seats to other parts of the ground - often not even being able to sit together. (Will the UA be telling Parish who to sign in January?)
No money to buy a much needed striker in January.
The Yanks want a return - maybe sell Zaha - how much would be reinvested, and on who?

Worrying times, but then I really don't think Parish gives a s**t - oh how Palace must long for a chairman like Bloom.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Squad wise, I would say we are one keeper and an attacking midfielder away from having two players of similar quality for every single position. We then have the delightful problem of an U23’s who are currently the third best in the country.

Given all of this, plus our respective league positions I cannot see how anyone could argue that Palace’s ‘squad’ is anything but far inferior to ours.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Back in the office today, Stayed down in Brighton Tuesday evening for a few beers after the game.

Any comment on the refs decision to keep Zaha on the pitch after going in with his studs TWICE. You know, the exact sort of challenges he has been banging on about protection blah blah blah.

Seems to me you just want to talk about the refereeing decisions that didn't go your way.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We wanted it a lot more than Palace - first to every 50/50.

But beyond that the subs did indeed show how paper thin their squad is. They have less depth than a toddlers paddling pool in a drought.

In any other team Benteke would have been dropped for repeated failure had he not been injured. There he appears to be the only alternative to playing two wingers in a cross between up front, false nine and, er, winger.

The German Messi appears to have adapted to the Prem about as well as I have to shopping in Laura Ashley with my Mrs. Schlupp is barely a footballer, Tomkins has the speed and desire of a stoned hippo and as for the Norwegian, he made COG look half decent.

Massive amount of money needed on that squad but with some tight Yanks holding the purse strings, Parish too busy orally pleasuring The Always Ultras, a Stand to build and a wage bill the size of Sweden I wouldn’t be holding my breath if I was them.

Lovely stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lolol::lolol::clap::clap2::bowdown::bowdown:

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Interesting this general consensus that Croydon FC are generally playing OK, creating chances and have a good starting 11 and all will be rosy when the transfer window opens, and they’ll finish above us. I agree they have a decent starting XI with gravity-cry the google eye being a match winner in any game. But there are some concerns I’d have if I was unfortunate enough to be a fan:
- The first XI is just that a first XI. You need a depth of squad to survive and be lucky with injuries and suspensions. Any tackle on any player can end their season.
- Creating chances without a striker - but when one is fit/found he cannot come into the existing team and play with 12 men - you have to take out the extra winger/midfielder. Will the same number of chances be created then?
- No scoring strikers - no out and out CF has scored a league goal for them this season - interesting that Woy didn’t bring on Ayew - you wonder if he rates him
- Over-reliance on the next transfer window - we’ve all been there and hope that there is a long queue of bargain quality players waiting to be snapped up. They are not in the strongest negotiation position nor looking attractive as an option to join. There is an assumption also that no player will leave and need replacing.
- Complacency - everyone feels they’ll be OK as they always are. That’s a dangerous attitude in any league if you think you’re too good to go down
- Team attitude - certainly the body language looked pretty awful on Tues between the players and especially the Talisman who is normally up for these derby games.
- The club set-up - you wonder if there are any tensions with a sporting director who has had 3 managerial roles without real success and a former England manager managing the team?

There is a reliance and an assumption that there are 3 worse teams. For our sake I hope they’re wrong.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here