Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah - he was ****ed at half-time and was given a few minutes to see if he could run it off. He couldn't and that was that.

I happened to nab a lift home off a member of club staff tonight and Izzy was walking past the car as we exited the car park.

"Saturday, Izzy?" was asked.

He shrugged his shoulders.
    Did his knee five mins before HT ...just about made it to the break..hope its not the same injury that kept him out

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

2 Not allowed!
      Chris does not do tactical subs on 48 minutes with the last sub.
      The tactical one was Gross for Balogun - shear genius......

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lindfield by the Pond View Post
      Chris does not do tactical subs on 48 minutes with the last sub.
      The tactical one was Gross for Balogun - shear genius......
      Nope. It was almost 4 seconds before Balogun scored.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      Bollocks - he 100% gestured to Chris just after HT that he needed to be subbed, very clearly. Obviously one of those ‘go out and see how it feels after a bit of HT treatment’ knocks. Looked like a knee - so he’s probably pissed off that it’s the one that kept him out of the early matches.
      Tonight we did what Huddersfield did on Saturday - made a substitution very early in the second half. When the Terriers did it, Pritchard was all the way in the corner and took an age to walk off. He had just been tackled, but the commentator, at least 30 seconds before, had stated that they were preparing a sub, so he wasn't injured. I thought at the time that 10-man Town deliberately didn't make the change at half-time so that the substitution would waste another minute or so.

Izquierdo seemed to be struggling at the end of the first half. My guess would be that Albion might also have delayed the change until the second half to waste a bit of time.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AZ Gull View Post
      Tonight we did what Huddersfield did on Saturday - made a substitution very early in the second half. When the Terriers did it, Pritchard was all the way in the corner and took an age to walk off. He had just been tackled, but the commentator, at least 30 seconds before, had stated that they were preparing a sub, so he wasn't injured. I thought at the time that 10-man Town deliberately didn't make the change at half-time so that the substitution would waste another minute or so.

Izquierdo seemed to be struggling at the end of the first half. My guess would be that Albion might also have delayed the change until the second half to waste a bit of time.
      Jose made a very clear signal to CH that he couldn’t carry on.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

1 Not allowed!
      I thought he was our poorest player today. During the first half expected that Knocky for him would be the statutory 70 min change.
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Still, he got a famous Albion night started by winning us the penalty.

He'll be remembered for his contribution.
      "To be honest, I was holding out just for Brighton really. This is where I wanted to be."
      - Bobby Zamora, Tuesday 4th August 2015
      "It does not matter what league you are in, the goalposts don't move."
      - Glenn Murray, Sunday 4th March 2018

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Goldstone1976 View Post
      The bit about the handshakes stuff isn’t bollox though; I watched it. Probably disappointed about the injury rather than pissed off at Chris though.
      Yeah I imagine so. I think he signaled to be subbed off. His reaction isn't a good sign about the injury.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AZ Gull View Post

Except that Izzy was standing by the managers when he was subbed, so he just walked off. The opposite of Pratchard's long walk.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

1 Not allowed!
      He was probably very disappointed about injury rather than angry at CH. A quick comment is all that's needed. Wouldn't be surprised if he's rested at the weekend though however bad the knock was.