Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let's talk about Palace

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Regarding Palace generally, I don’t know if this is because we’re such a strong defensive unit or because their players are toilet (or both), but I was shocked at how clueless they were going forward. Considering they played against ten men for 70 minutes they didn’t once carve us open or get in behind. They were very lucky a rash challenge gave them their one goal as their performance deserved nothing. Did Ryan even make a save? Truly woeful. Tonight has given me fresh hope they are bad enough to go down.

Totally agree. I didn't particularly enjoy West Ham or Wolves matches where we were ganging on against a potent attacking force.

Palace were toothless...... But we were wonderful.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not me, but I'll happily talk about this.

Let's be clear, it's a long time coming but we are now officially better than them in every conceivable way.

Better stadium
Bigger stadium
Better attendances
Better league position
Better team
Better squad
We beat them with 11 and then we beat them with 10.

And on top of that, James Tomkins proved he's nowhere near Dunk's class, Zaha showed again why he was such a flop at his stab at a big club, their expensive signings (Sakho and Meyer in particular) are shit, and they have no strength in depth.

Hopefully they will spend the week squabbling on Twitter with that floppy haired tosser who runs the club and turning once again on those chimps who think they're "ultras".
This
Better owner
Better manager
Better recruitment team
Better financial control
Better CEO
Better training facilities
Better infrastructure
Better ‘other’ teams
Better Academy
... and also very much this.

And what's more there isn't a single Palace fan who can disagree with any one of those criteria. (Leaving aside any complete moron with their head buried deep in read and blue sand). Now we've got to stay ahead of them - and not winning the return fixture doesn't invalidate any of those criteria. (If that's a straw they want to clutch at).

wealdgull

NSC Patron
Dec 7, 2017
They were also told to remove the mice droppings, not leave dirty washing up overnight and ensure all dirty equipment is cleaned before leaving at the end of the day.

Not to get rid of the mice then? Suppose that Roy might be looking at them to put a bit of backbone in to his squad...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Palace are and always will be just a pony club

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I think that is the worst Palace team we have played against in recent memory, I wonder what they would give for the likes of Jedinak, Andy Johnson, Freedman, Geoff Thomas or Ian Wright.

You can see why they are so keen to get Loftus-cheek back, but it seems Chelsea won't be letting him go, as they have nothing in their midfield.

I think I've seen glaciers move quicker than Sakho, and their bench was so poor.

I think they might be OK as they might be able to pick up enough points from the other poor teams in the division, but I would be worried if I was a Palace fan. Even if they do stay up this season they need to spend a ridiculous amount of money on that squad to survive much longer, and I can't see the Americans putting much more in, and they have only one asset to sell.

Long may it continue.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"Your support, your support, YOUR SUPPORT IS F**KING SHIT"

Does anyone remember the NigeIs singing that to us? You know, back in the days when they used to beat us?

Well I'll just leave this half-time scene here: :angel:

[tweet]1070208999453274113[/tweet]

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
By far the worst team we have had at the Amex this season. Which is saying something considering how shite Man United were.

Getting stuffed by your rivals who were down to 10 men after 27 minutes despite having "one of the best players in the league" and "a squad good enough for 7th place"

****ing priceless.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We've firmly over taken them. Despite the 4 year head start in the PL they've spunked £100's of Millions and have a below average squad. No striker, players that don't seem to really care and a couple of donkeys at at the back. Glad we do things in a step by step way to progress which seems to revolve around a plan. I am not sure if Palace have one?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Last night we were excellent - really looked 'up for it' and a good follow on from Huddersfield. Looked like all our players knew this was a key match for the fans as much as getting results.

But I I think people are forgetting that in some of our games we also have been really poor with the difference being we have had two of the best centre backs who have saved games.

IMO the reason for that improvement is introduction of Bernardo , Bissouma and Andone who make the team more flowing and that certainly has made March better able to do his job.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Better owner
Better manager
Better recruitment team
Better financial control
Better CEO
Better training facilities
Better infrastructure
Better ‘other’ teams
Better Academy

the cream always rises to the top and as they say form is temporary- class is permanent

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
BBS is good...

Kevin Friend is a ******* cheat!

Calling it now.
He is not a shit ref, he is a ******* cheat.
Half of Brightons points this season have been obtained with him refereeing, he has been ******* awful against us in just about every game he has had us.
The first is clearly a good challenge. The second is clearly a goal kick.
When Wilf gets taken out by March it is no foul. When he slips into March it is a yellow card.
The decisions he gave our way are so stonewall not even a blatant cheat could have failed to give them!
We get a lot of poor referees, the standard is poor but his persistent decisions given against us and Zaha can only be explained 1 way.
This is despite us being poor, especially the manager tonight.

Booked wilf for "slipping" over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here