Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings - Palace (H)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ryan 6.5 - not a lot to do
Montoya 6.5 - Mixture of good and bad losing the ball in dangerous places but good coming forward
Bernardo 8 - Follow up from Huddersfield a footballer. Not a better one one defender than Bong but better in everything
Dunk 9 - MOTM- Ignored the foul jibes from the Palace supporting pigs. Headed everything, cleared everything, then deserved his moment of celebration at the end
Duffy 5 - Really don't understand what he did and why BUT expect it is a by product of 'our togetherness'
Propper 8 - Best game i have seen him play for us
Bissouma 8.5 - Very close to being MOTM, so much energy particularly in second half when others were flagging. If he is still developing he is going to be some great player
March 7.5 - Even better than Huddersfield for me which I thought was his best game of season so far
Izquierdo 6.5 - Won a penalty by shear endeavour. End product not there yet but he scares defences.
Gross 6 - Not quite the player he was .
Murray 6.5 Usual hard work and should have had a penalty

Balogun 6 - Great goal but worried that he is too aggressive and will give away more penalties. he got away with it at Huddersfield.
Knocky 7.5 - Worked hard and offered options. Brilliant that we can have some one of his quality on teh bench
Andone 8.5 -Wow .......wow good performance and what a goal

To be the best thing about this game was that Bissouma, Andone and Bernardo looked excellent acquisitions. Balogon was ok but.....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ryan 7 - Fell on the ball nicely from time to time
Montoya 8 - Not faultless in defence, but solid in possession
Bernardo 8 - Clearly a good footballer and indisputably first choice left back
Dunk 9 - MOM- Ignored the foul jibes from the Palace supporting pigs. Headed everything, cleared everything, then deserved his moment of celebration at the end
Duffy 4 - Sorry. That was bloody ridiculous. Nowhere near the nose which Van Asshole held as he went down. Shane has used up some of the (large amount of) credit he has with us
Propper 8 - Classy, languid, stylish .. and that's just his beard.
Bissouma 9 - Embodies this new thrusting, dynamic, counter attacking Brighton team who are evolving. Battled and danced brilliantly
March 7 - Didn't stand out as much as some, but very solid performance. A manager's performance you might say
Izquierdo 5 - No, he's not quite right this season. Hope he's back soon though, as we're short of wing options without him
Gross 6 - Hope Shane apologised to him. Didn't influence that much whilst on the pitch
Murray 6 - Did alright. He's racking up the goals. He will be aware that this was a changing of the guard performance and when he is back from injury, the team style of play may well have moved on

Balogun 5 - Actually did alright, but an utterly preposterous decision to dive in to Zaha, so i'm docking him 3 marks. If it were a better team, he's have let them back in the game
Knocky 8 - Brilliant, what a player to come off the bench. Worked and worked and showed his skills. Knocky gets it
Andone 8 - One of the best goals i've seen us score at the Amex. Ran and ran

Ooooh they were aiming the she said no thing at Dunk??! Not only was he found not guilty very very early in that trial, i think he wasn’t even in the room for most of it and was on the phone!?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
All 10s but I'm tempted to give Duffy an 11 for laying the nut on the palace **** (although I might have had a different view if it had cost us!)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ryan 7

Montoya 7
Dunk 8
Duffy 3 (if you're going to do it, at least do it properly...)
Bernardo 8

March 8.5
Propper 7.5
Bissouma 8.5
Izquierdo 6

Gross 6
Murray 6

Balogun 6 (undid his good work with a stupid lunge)
Andone 9 MoM
Knockaert 7.5

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan 7
Montoya 8
Bernardo 8
Dunk 8
Duffy 4
Izquierdo 5 thought he was poor again
Propper 9
Bissouma 8
March 7
Gross 7
Murray 7

Andone 9
Balogun 7
Knockaert 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Ryan 6- had little to do
Montoya- 8. Outstanding performance and best so far
Bernardo -9. Starting to love this guy, last three games he has been stellar
Dunk- 8. Solid and unflappable. Timed tackles to perfection
Duffy - 8. Would have got a 10 if the melt had stayed on the floor
Propper- 9. Close to mom performance. Best yet and seems to flourish alongside Bissouma
Bissouma- 10. Doesn’t get any better from a midfielder for me. What a player this lad is becoming
Murray- 7. Struggled a bit early doors before injured. Great pen.
March- 8. Brilliant performance and currently proving me wrong. Been superb last two matches
Izquierdo- 7. Disagree with comments on here. He won the penalty and Palace struggled to keep him under control. Unlucky to go off and needs a goal.
Gross - 8. Passing was back to his best and was the fall guy for Duffy. Would have caused palace more problems if left on

Subs;
Knockaert- 8. Perfect player under the circumstances. Worked tirelessly to help Bernardo and was a threat on the counter attack. Unlucky not to get a good chance to make it 4

Balogun- 8 class act, on blight was a tired challenge for penalty which was made the most of. What a strike

Andone- 9 defending brilliantly from the front, frightened Tomkins to death, looked a constant threat. This lad could be the real deal! What a goal!!

Hughton- 10/10 man of the match. Brilliant tactical performance, and made subs at the right time. 7/9 points for last 3 games. Europe here we come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
From the BBC website

Brighton produced one of the best Premier League performances of the season to sweep aside Crystal Palace despite playing for 62 minutes with only 10 men.

The best was yet to come for the hosts, as Florin Andone ran 40 yards down the left to fire in the third goal in first-half stoppage time. The Romanian forward had only been on the pitch for 14 minutes, having replaced the injured Murray.

BBC reporter not quite accurate there. I would say around 60 yards (he started the run just inside our half then he cut in for a few yards to score the wonder goal)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ryan 7

Montoya 8
Dunk 8
Duffy 4
Bernado 8

Izquerdo 6
Propper 8
Bissouma 9
March 8

Andone 9

Gross 6
Murray 7
Balogun 7

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Ryan - 7
Montoya - 9
Duffy - 6
Dunk - 8
Bernardo - 8
March - 9
Bissouma - 10
Propper - 8
Jose - 8
Gross - 8
Murray - 8

Balogun - 8
Andone - 9.5
Knockaert - 7.5

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 7 - couldn't have done much more, but didn't really have to do anything spectacular either.
Montoya 8 - the first time I've been really impressed by him. He does give the ball away carelessly at times but defensively he was excellent and he attacked when possible
Duffy 1 - what a dick. Even his headbutt was pathetic.
Dunk 9 - brilliant. Marshalled the defence well.
Bernardo - 7.5 nothing overly spectacular but he is a class above Bong. Good going both ways
March 8.5 - some quality deliveries, some brilliant skill and some top notch defending. Yet another performance to prove that the right hand side is his most natural position. Did give the ball away carelessly a few too many times to get higher marks though.
Bissouma 9 - my MOTM, just. Ran the game, intercepted and tackled everything, ran with the ball when he could. This was by far the most mature performance I've seen from him.
Propper 8.5 - not much behind Bissouma. I thought he did everything very well. The dynamism they both have gives us is a real positive.
Izquierdo 6.5 - won the penalty and looked threatening, without really being threatening for the rest of the game. Decent defensively.
Gross 6 - one of the weaker performers and rightly sacrificed at 1-0.
Murray 7 - a decent performance and a well taken penalty.

Subs
Balugun 7.5 - dropped a mark for their penalty, but otherwise he was imperious. If he plays like he has in every performance so far, Duffy could struggle to get back in.
Andone 9 - he lost the ball a couple too many times, and he didn't take his chance at the start of the second half well. But otherwise he was brilliant. And that goal...
Knockaert 7.5 - a really good 40-45 minutes. Harried and defended well, and broke when he could.

CH 8 - his subs were made for him really, and this was a blessing in many ways as the team just had to power through. But I must say the change in mentality and the team choice was much better. More of this please CH.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What a game!

Ryan 7. Not a lot to do. Did well when called into action. However a couple of kicks in the 2nd half straight into touch.
Montoya 7. Looks good.
Duffy 3. Stupid red card could have lost us the game. Should really know better.
Dunk 8. Another excellent performance.
Bernardo 8. Still can't believe this is the same player who had such an awful debut against Watford. Very impressive.
Bissouma 9. Getting better with every game. Making of a legend.
Propper 8. Back to his best.
March 8. At the top of his game right now. Great to watch.
Izquierdo 6. Better than of late, but still not up to last season's quality.
Gross 7. Good to see him back. Played well until substituted.
Murray 7. Well taken penalty in front of the Palace fans. Was doing well until his injury.

Subs:
Balogun 8. Great goal and an accomplished performance except for the penalty.
Andone 9. What a player, what a goal (has to be a goal of the month contender), what a performance, what a find.
Knockaert 8. Did a good job when he came on.

Manager 8. Got the team attacking aggressively straight from kick off. We need to see more of this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here