Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Really disappointed with Duffy

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Poor from Duffy but PVA was a typical palace cheating **** the way he went down then jumped up after the red vamping their fans up... it didn’t last long though.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Quite impressive in its stupidity.
He’s just not a very bright boy

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
We now have two CBs for the next 3 games - he has let everyone down with that red card

We really don't. Ben White isn't just a figment of my imagination, he really exists. Stick him on the bench at Burnley (and the following two games), job done.

White is 18 days older than Aaron Wan-Bissaka, and has much more (and higher quality) experience than Wan-Bissaka did when he was given his debut last season, against Tottenham. In fact, 4 of his first 5 starts were against Spurs, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool - and he won Palace Player of the Month. I wish more people would have more faith in our young'uns.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Nows not the time for - correct - percentages. We will remember beating Palace with 10 men long after some of the more sterile games this season. Enjoy it for what it is - a fantastic evening where Duffys headbutt (in time it will be remembered as proper Glasgow) for the tactical sub and bundle that followed.

Haha this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Had we have lost, yes I would be disappointed! However good on him nutting the palace **** ! Hero in my opinion!

That's my point he didn't nut anybody, they had a footballers forehead touch.

I just don't expect or ever want to see that from him again.
He's an indistructable Oirish outhouse, he'd better do the next one properly.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Exactamundo!

Not the sharpest tool in the box, by a long way, stupid enough to react to the wind up. Even Zaha managed to contain himself enough to stay on for 90 minutes.

Quite impressive in its stupidity.
He’s just not a very bright boy

clif26

Oct 18, 2010
I didn’t actually see any contact of heads and had I been the ref. would’ve given the other bloke a yellow for diving.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not sure if Shane is the sharpest mind BUT he has been great this season and everyone makes mistakes. It created an opportunity and Balogon took it (then lost it). Personally would prefer he had stayed on the pitch BUT i think his dismissal fired the team up and it was that which won the came.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Te whole incident had repercussions...we had Murray being tackled and injured...subsequently to be taken off and replaced by Andone (probably better suited with us at ten men) who subsequently scored and Duffys replacement also scoring....would we have won with 11?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Without Duffy getting the red when he did we wouldn’t have set the record for having 2 subs score in the 1st half

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Absolutely disgraceful.

I have no doubt that he must have said something really seriously offensive to Duffy because Shane knew what he was doing. It wasn't a rash moment. He had time to think - He made up his mind he was going to do it and he didn't give a hoot about being sent off.

OK so it wasn't costly tonight but what it does do is show other teams that he can be wound up and that isn't good. It needs to get sorted and I have no doubt that it will get sorted but I would still love to find out what was said to him

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm all for a headbutt in a game v Palace if their player gives it the big one.....don't you remember Gerry Ryan etc? Are you new? Have you been pacified by today's sterile society?

Weird reply. I can only assume you're just getting changed for a bout of illegal bare knuckle fighting :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here