Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What’s the most offensive homophobic chant you’ve heard?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There was that time at Elland Road when we squandered a three goal advantage and they came back with "You're forever blowing Leeds!"

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
"Does your boyfriend know you're here" is as bad as I've heard. As already said, it's only words. I'm 6ft 2 and 17 stone so I don't tend to get picked on or shouted at much, but if I was walking with my Son and someone said that I'd just laugh and say something to him like "Call the zoo, Son - there's a chimp on the loose.."

If I was physically threatened, though - he'd be sharting his teeth. That's a different story.

Exactly.
You punch somone in front of a kid, that's the only thing the kid will remember about the day and what an unpleasant memory to have. If you chuckle and walk away it doesn't become a big deal and the kid remembers a football match, not his Dad knocking someone out.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
A young Leeds fan after one of our games a couple of years back said to me on the train "I bet you like it in the butt".

To which I replied "I thought your Dad wasn't going to tell anyone about our affair...".

Dad took it as the joke it was (he clearly saw I was with my missus), but the kid really didn't get it.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
"Does your boyfriend know you're here" is as bad as I've heard. As already said, it's only words. I'm 6ft 2 and 17 stone so I don't tend to get picked on or shouted at much, but if I was walking with my Son and someone said that I'd just laugh and say something to him like "Call the zoo, Son - there's a chimp on the loose.."

If I was physically threatened, though - he'd be sharting his teeth. That's a different story.

I never realised Knocky's nose was THAT big.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Exactly.
You punch somone in front of a kid, that's the only thing the kid will remember about the day and what an unpleasant memory to have. If you chuckle and walk away it doesn't become a big deal and the kid remembers a football match, not his Dad knocking someone out.

so it’s ok to refer to the assailant as “a chimp”!!!!! What message does this give to your son?

Note : not your words but a post that you are supporting

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Eh? Please don't tell me you're trying to pull a racial connotation out of that? Please, no.... :shootself

perhaps you should have said gibbon or lemur......that way the chimpists would not have been aroused , ......." bore off dickhead "is may standard response , 6 foot 5 114 kilos , although i disagree with the systemised selling out of society i firmly dislike abuse on a personal level based on sexual preference , religion or race
......especially from Leeds plonkers.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
"Stand up, cos you can't sit down"
Cardiff.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Stereotypical shaven head tattooed and rather scary looking Pompey Fan once blocked my way outside a pub near Fratton Park in the early 90s before snarling “Do you take it up the ****”. I replied by kneeing him in the joystick and ramming his head into the adjacent brick wall before shouting* “Who’s next you sailor scum?”, my eyes now contorted with an uncontrollable rage as the rest of his mates retreated inside their local...

*other witnesses heard “not the face, not the face!”

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
sailor scum? i was forever scrapping with the 'Skate bashers' in smiff. i resemble that remark.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
so it’s ok to refer to the assailant as “a chimp”!!!!! What message does this give to your son?

Note : not your words but a post that you are supporting

What do you mean? He is referring to chimps in a zoo, not the racial slur directed at black people.

It's not a problem for me if somebody wants to go around decking people in front of their kid over daft insults. Personally, I wouldn't do that in front of any of the children in my life, I would like to set a better example.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Strange how things have changed over the years.

Back in the 70s a fair few BHA fans used to say "Hello Sailor" in a Dick Emery voice to Pompey fans.

I also remember a certain song (more a question) that the North Stand used the sing about Ted MacDougall of Bournemouth. Someone in the North always reckoned it was SIX.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Please - have we really resorted to comparing who's heard the most offensive chant and then comparing who's reacted the hardest to said words. Dear God!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
We also used to sing of a homosexual relationship between Brian Clough and Peter Taylor.
Before either of them managed us , obviously.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I don't know what chant it was but I remember our very own Liz Costa on 5 Live a couple of years ago saying how some chants Leicester City fans had made at the Amex had made her physically sick, don't know what they were but must have been pretty appalling.

:nono:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We also used to sing of a homosexual relationship between Brian Clough and Peter Taylor.
Before either of them managed us , obviously.

he's a pansy he's a poof
and his name is Brian Clough
la la la la.....

and what about:
Bobby Moore, superstar
walks like a woman and he wears a bra

quite innocent and harmless...…...at the time

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don't know what chant it was but I remember our very own Liz Costa on 5 Live a couple of years ago saying how some chants Leicester City fans had made at the Amex had made her physically sick, don't know what they were but must have been pretty appalling.

:nono:

she actually chucked up??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here