Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What’s the most offensive homophobic chant you’ve heard?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
he's a pansy he's a poof
and his name is Brian Clough
la la la la.....

and what about:
Bobby Moore, superstar
walks like a woman and he wears a bra

quite innocent and harmless...…...at the time

The one I was thinking of was’ He shot, he cum, etc

Different times, I guess.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I don't know what chant it was but I remember our very own Liz Costa on 5 Live a couple of years ago saying how some chants Leicester City fans had made at the Amex had made her physically sick, don't know what they were but must have been pretty appalling.

:nono:

How can a chant at a football match, however offensive you may find it, make you "physically sick"? Methinks our Liz may have exaggerated just a weeny bit there lol

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I had a similar experience at Watford with my Wife, which I find an odd place for this to happen. Considering thier chairman Elton John is an open homosexual who campaigns for gay rights you’d think they’d be more open minded.

You'd think so, but I put it down to un-educated kids, whose parents are that way.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I can't see that anyone has won there. punching someone into unconsciousness in front of your kid for an idiotic comment. Something of an overreaction. You'd be teaching your son a far more valuable lesson by calling the man an idiot and walking away.

Not my kid cupcake,but if it was retribution would have been similar,was a cracking shot,heard the fellas teeth rattle.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not my kid cupcake,but if it was retribution would have been similar,was a cracking shot,heard the fellas teeth rattle.

My Dad was very punchy when we were young. A perceived slight, a word out of turn, a childish insult at the pub or football, these things would provoke him to knock someone's lights out. As a result at first we were nervous around him then we lost respect for him for years, people avoided him at football or in the pub. It took him a long time to grow up and gain people's respect again. Jus' sayin.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
' Oh you are awful, but I like you'; accompanied by hefty shove in the chest!

OK, I know it isn't an offensive homophobic chant, but it is bound to upset somebody these days!::D

Last edited:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
My Dad was very punchy when we were young. A perceived slight, a word out of turn, a childish insult at the pub or football, these things would provoke him to knock someone's lights out. As a result at first we were nervous around him then we lost respect for him for years, people avoided him at football or in the pub. It took him a long time to grow up and gain people's respect again. Jus' sayin.

Oh stop it.
The guy was provoked,he stuck one on the other fella,situation dealt with.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh stop it.
The guy was provoked,he stuck one on the other fella,situation dealt with.

Oh stop it. It was just a daft insult, no need to punch anyone so I walked away, situation dealt with.

I guess it boils down to how secure you are as a man.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
He's black he's gay he plays for Airdrie Fashunu Fashunu. Hibs Fanzine got away with a horrendous slur in the Mid 90's when Airdrie the diamonds had 6 black players in the squad.The fanzine i quote stated Airdrie had more Spades than Diamonds now ,that is just shocking .

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Aids scum.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Someone shook his bum at me. After I had b***ered him and scratched his eyes out, I hit him over his head with my handbag.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Please - have we really resorted to comparing who's heard the most offensive chant and then comparing who's reacted the hardest to said words. Dear God!

Personally I think the subject of offence and what people find offensive is interesting. Particularly given recent allegations against Huddersfield fans.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
There was only once where I thought a chant crossed the line and it was after Reading at home on the train back and about 6 or 7 guys were singing , "Don't be so negative, HIV positive"

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Can't say there's much that surprises or offends me at football or anywhere else these days. There was quite a bit of homophobic stuff on the train from Leeds a couple of seasons back. Given the response was 'Jimmy Saville, he's one of your own' I don't know how that stacks up in the offended stakes?

I mean it was Leeds and they were squaring up to anyone that gave anything back.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I feel reasonably qualified to comment on offensive homophobic chants being a card carrying member of the gay fraternity. I think the issue here isn't the actual words chanted/said but the manner in which they are delivered. I find nothing offensive in a lot of the examples quoted here- the "we can see you holding hands/does your boyfriend know your here" and the retort "You're to ugly to be gay" are just banter and quiite amusing and (imho) not offensive to anyone, apart from maybe ugly gay guys . It becomes offensive when its meant to be derogatory or insulting. Personally I find the oft used expression "that's so gay" to describe something bad to be a damn site more offensive than any football chant. As I have said before, I am more often " offended " by people telling me I SHOULD be offended over something than i am offended by something someone has said, chanted etc

SAC

May 21, 2014
Not a chant but a Spurs fan said to an Albion fan at Brighton station last season “is that your rent boy?”
The Albion fan was with his kid,
The Spurs fan was not expecting what came next,the guy laid him spark out, happy days.

This must happen a lot. I have heard it about told about a Millwall fan, a Palace fan and now a Spurs fan.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here