Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Facial recognition will be in operation...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Scan your face, sell your scan on, get targeted advertising through the camera on your phone/ computer or when you enter a building that has purchased your info, eg a shopping centre and knows when you have entered. It's here and has been for some time now.

not sure how we agree on that but not on other related stuff......big brother mate , it's well and truly here....!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Er hem...

s523907707172929649_p1_i4_w423.png

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I mentioned the match to a police officer last evening at a friends yesterday, and they said there were some outstanding warrants from last time and they would have spotters out so guess this is just part of that.

In which case I'm surprised they publicise it. Would be better to let them turn up so they can nick them, no?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
not sure how we agree on that but not on other related stuff......big brother mate , it's well and truly here....!!

Exactly! I'm sure it will also be there to pick up wrong 'uns but if people think this hasn't been monetised they are living in cloud cuckoo land!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Exactly! I'm sure it will also be there to pick up wrong 'uns but if people think this hasn't been monetised they are living in cloud cuckoo land!

yep ....as soon as i log off here i will be bombarded with ticket offers to Perth , Denpasar and Osaka zoo's owing to my use of the words chimp and gibbon ...:mad:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
In which case I'm surprised they publicise it. Would be better to let them turn up so they can nick them, no?

nah ...they'll hope word will get out so the wrong'uns don't turn up , then they can have a nice easy night and won't have to be inconvenienced by running around arresting baddies.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
"Facial recognition will be in operation...

The quote about facial recognition is in the pre match brief

Seen it. Interestingly it was also in use for last seasons cup game looking back to that brief too. I suspect it’s always actually in use and just means they are checking the cameras to see if they Id anyone they know shouldn’t be there. I’ve certainly never seen any sort of technology at our turnstiles that would enable proper automated recognition and suspect it would be a GDPR breach to store our faces without consent. It would also cost a fortune.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a cunning plan and will be wearing this. tonight so no chance of being recognised

View attachment 102606

I’m going to enjoy it when each and every person through the north stand entrance positively matches with each and every middle-aged, pasty white Phil Mitchell look alikes on their database.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
IF the club is using FR technology then I assume it would stop people lending out their STs to friends....

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
IF the club is using FR technology then I assume it would stop people lending out their STs to friends....
I just don't believe they would have that level of technology and why would they use it for the cup game last season when there where no season tickets in use?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
jeff.jpg

Jeff.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So who spotted any FR cameras last night? At the WSU entrance I use there were NO cameras at the turnstiles, except one CCTV camera but there is no way that can cover all turnstiles at the same time. Absolute rubbish by the club and pointless scaremongering

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here