Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace: would you take a point now?

Palace: would you take a point now?

• All, Day. Long.

Votes: 78 34.7%
  • No. Shit or bust. Bring it on.

Votes: 147 65.3%

• Total voters

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
No way on earth would i. A team 6 points worse than us this season, at home. Not to mention Palace.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No.

Stuff the draw.

We should be aiming to beat anyone below us, especially at home.

There are a number of players who need to put in a performance for us, they’ll be desperate to prove to CH that they are number one in their positions.

Could tonight’s hero be one of:

Groß (we’ve not seen his brilliant best this season)
Izquierdo (ditto)
Pröpper (I’d love to see him score!)
Locadia (A man with something to prove)
Andone (His first Amex goal would be lovely)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Better still... booked for diving when it wasn't, and then booked again for the wide-eyed ranting protest. :laugh:

giphy.gif

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I'm expecting a loss, we haven't been playing well, they have, however we are getting results, they're not, but i just feel Zaha and Townsend will rip us a new one.

So would i be happy with a point? Yeah probably.

But... Would i take a point right now if it was offered?

Not a bloody chance, we are 11th in the table DESPITE our performances, at some point we are going to click, here's hoping that is tonight, cos this is Palace, how good would it feel to absolutely smash them, our biggest win ever in the top flight, send them back up the road with their tales firmly between their legs and such a loss of confidence that they go spiraling into the bottom 3 and into the new year wondering where their next win is coming from.

They gloated for years while we played catch up, the turn-around has already started, we are better than them in every aspect of the football club, time to show it on the pitch too.

Come on you super seagulls.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Palace: would you take a point now?
Personally I think it's a little out of order to make us even think about it.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just to ask this question betrays the inferiority complex we still have as a club.

We're above them
We're at home
We're strong at home
We get 3 points for a win

I hope the attitude behind some of meek, lily livered comments I've read on here over the last day or two doesn't transmit to the players when the going gets tough tonight. Because it will get tough and we will need mental strength to get through tonight with a win

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No.

Not because of the rivalry, but because we have to look at this as 3 points to take. This is a team below us in the table.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I want 3 points so badly it hurts but a draw would mean that Palace hadn’t beaten us and maintain a six point gap. So would reluctantly settle for a point!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I really do not like playing them .They are paying huge money so I must admit that they very good players and I would love to beat them.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
With points so important if we are leading or drawing with 20 mins to go happy for game to end. I do enjoy it but I am a nervous wreck at all our games. Cant say I have enjoyed last 20 mins of a game for a long time. Look forward to the day we are 3 .0 up

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As always I would not say not to a point if that were the eventual outcome, but I will not sacrifice the prospect of victory to guarantee it. So it's a NO from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here