Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace: would you take a point now?

Palace: would you take a point now?

• All, Day. Long.

Votes: 78 34.7%
  • No. Shit or bust. Bring it on.

Votes: 147 65.3%

• Total voters

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
I think this reflects the realisation that our results this season have largely been better than our performances. Things are starting to look better though, particularly with the new players starting to have more of an impact, so I'd like to see us go for the win and take the game to you. If that means we get done by Wilf or Andros on the counter so be it.

Thats pretty much in contrast to our season. Played ok but just not getting the rewards. Problem with us is our big glaringly obvious weakness. If we do not find a remedy for this in January or hope Benteke wakes from his coma I think we 'could' make life difficult for ourselves. I think we will both be fine however.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Home against a relegation struggler! No I think I’d rather we took our chances.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I was pondering exactly this earlier.

On balance, I think I would.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Would you skip the heartache that a defeat can bring, and just take a point now, keeping us nicely distanced from both the bottom three and Croydon's finest?

Or would you go all in, but risk the sight of Zaha waltzing through our defence before firing Palace to another Amex victory?

Whilst I'd be (reasonably) happy with a point, I wouldn't miss tonight for the sake of a point.

so, No.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last week Bozza asked us if we would prefer to beat Huddersfield and Burnley ie 6 points, and lose to Palace, or beat Palace and lose the other two.
Most people wanted the 6 points, myself included.

Yes, now I would take the point (fickle woman)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Would you skip the heartache that a defeat can bring, and just take a point now, keeping us nicely distanced from both the bottom three and Croydon's finest?

Or would you go all in, but risk the sight of Zaha waltzing through our defence before firing Palace to another Amex victory?

All a bit confusing these polls Bozza. There was another one where the large majority preferred a scenario where we got 6 points off Hudds and Burnley but lost to Palace, so in that case we're already primed for (and content with) a loss.

So there is absolutely nothing to lose by rejecting the point here - either we beat Palace and have a lovely evening; or we lose to Palace but pick up 3 at Burnley and complete our deal with the Gods :thumbsup:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The benefits of winning outweigh the negatives of losing this one. On that basis no.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
No I want a comfortable 3-0 victory where we are out of sight on 60min and get to spend the last 30min gloating and winding up the palace fans

What I know we will get is an Albion rival masterclass where we either don’t turn up at all or start the game looking like we will win comfortably only to let them back into the game for a win or snatched draw

It’s going to be another night of stress and anxiety but that’s why we all love i really

el punal

Pragmatic me - we needed four points at least from our three games with Huddersfield, Palace and Burnley. Well, we got a deserved three at Udders so a point against THEM would be okay I suppose. It’s just that the 3-0 win on St.Patrick’s Day in 2013 seems a long, long time ago - about time we chalked up another one.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Absolutely no way

But it will be a draw

First 20 we’re all over em, score and it’s 1-0 half time
You all know the rest and it’s bound to involve Mr Tumble [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No I want a comfortable 3-0 victory where we are out of sight on 60min and get to spend the last 30min gloating and winding up the palace fans

What I know we will get is an Albion rival masterclass where we either don’t turn up at all or start the game looking like we will win comfortably only to let them back into the game for a win or snatched draw

It’s going to be another night of stress and anxiety but that’s why we all love i really

Ugh - summed it up too well there. I think it'll be the latter - we'll play some lovely football in the first 15-20, go ahead and then slowly retreat and shit ourselves before the inevitable equaliser. Hope I'm wrong.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I think this reflects the realisation that our results this season have largely been better than our performances. Things are starting to look better though, particularly with the new players starting to have more of an impact, so I'd like to see us go for the win and take the game to you. If that means we get done by Wilf or Andros on the counter so be it.

This is where I am, may the best team win just as long as they're in blue and white stripes, come on we can do this. bring it on.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In terms of the League table, we can "afford" a loss, so might as well go for the win.

I'd love it if Zaha does a Maddison. Can you just imagine ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Shit or bust, need to smash the administration cheats

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Thats pretty much in contrast to our season. Played ok but just not getting the rewards. Problem with us is our big glaringly obvious weakness. If we do not find a remedy for this in January or hope Benteke wakes from his coma I think we 'could' make life difficult for ourselves. I think we will both be fine however.

I wouldn't pin any hopes on Benteke coming back to life if I were you, but stranger things have happened. Yes, from what I've seen your performances have been decent, so hopefully you're due a stinker and that will be tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here