Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ada Hegerberg: first women’s Ballon d’Or marred as winner is asked to twerk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Seriously WTF is a DJ doing handing out the Award ?... let alone the ridiculous comment.

They have hundreds of Awesome players at that event that could have done that.

Shambles... its like Blatter is still in charge.

In fairness, it’s not a football problem but the twerp (see what I did there?!) they hired to host ie society at large. The egos some of these award hosts have is enormous too. Jonathan Ross anyone...? :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well I for one am horrified and outraged. Who can I tell ?

We’re here for you US. Now sit down, we’ll pour you a cuppa (no flasks mind) and you can tell Old NSC what’s up...? :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just because she wasn't offended, that doesn't mean it wasn't offensive

It kind of doesn’t - or we’ll be courting everyone’s opinion about everything and then someone’s bound to be offended like, er, pretty much everything and everyone’s doing these days!

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/03/ballon-dor-ada-hegerberg-twerk-luka-modric

Hegerberg, who helped Lyon to the French title and Champions League, scoring in the final, pipped Denmark’s Pernille Harder to the prize but appeared embarrassed when asked by Solveig if she wanted to dance in celebration and “knew how to twerk”.

Stupid yes but really not the end of the world and she was sensible enough to realise he wasnt being sexist - just a bit of an idiot

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
No interest , unless she twerked and is fit. Then will google

1543902127-AP_Ada_Hegerberg_18.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be fair, it is an outrageous thing to say to a professional athlete.

It's David Brent levels of cringe.

Totally agree, however she didn't feel so. Maybe she should be EDUCATED ago find things more OFFENSIVE and be more OUTRAGED.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Totally agree, however she didn't feel so. Maybe she should be EDUCATED ago find things more OFFENSIVE and be more OUTRAGED.

Yeah it's interesting that she's not as bothered by it as others. Personally I'd have been furious.

Shan't lose any sleep over it though. I'll leave the OUTRAGE to others. Need to save some for tomorrow morning; just in case we're on the wrong end of a loss tonight because of Twinkle Toes up the road.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Has anyone actually seen the full ceremony?

Sounds like the context is key here and he was asking everyone about dancing? Haven't seen it just the outrage but sounds like he didn't just come out with the question from no where? Poorly judged possibly but find it hard to attack the guy when all I have seen is a quote of 3 words that he has said.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It was almost Partridgesque and reminded me of that time Alan judged Miss Norwich live on "Knowing Me, Knowing You".

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i'll get hammered here but womens football is not a spectacle yet so the powers that be are trying to ramp up the hype and get the girls to wear their hair in attractive styles , have their lashes done and get on the sun bed , i know this for a fact .......sex sells , they want your money , that is all ......womens cricket will be next , obviously you can't play cricket in a bikini but there will be calendars out from most of the women's teams , all oiled up .......bloody pathetic considering how easy it is to get accused of sexual harassment these days,extremely hypocritical in my view.......don't get me started on the beach volleyball ...!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here