Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham Utd U18s v Brighton & Hove Albion U18s FA YOUTH CUP 7PM K.O

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I would suggest then that Albion would use Crawley for FA Youth Cup matches. Maybe the Amex if we progress to the later rounds?

I don't understand.

Any FA Youth Cup home match WILL be staged at the Amex (at least, they always have been). My point was, the public can't just rock up at the training ground to watch a regular U-18s game (which is what you suggested in post #38).

theboybilly

I don't understand.

Any FA Youth Cup home match WILL be staged at the Amex (at least, they always have been). My point was, the public can't just rock up at the training ground to watch a regular U-18s game (which is what you suggested in post #38).

Sorry AZ, I wasn't trying to be obtuse. I didn't realise people couldn't attend u18 games as they can with the u23s. As for Crawley I was just thinking that as West Ham use Dag & R's Victoria Road ground perhaps Albion would use CTFC's place. I bow to your knowledge that the Amex would always be used for FA Youth Cup matches

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I bow to your knowledge that the Amex would always be used for FA Youth Cup matches

It isn't knowledge, but as all home ties in the Amex era have been staged at the stadium, I would certainly hope that they will continue to be.

Edit: I'm not sure if there is actually a competition rule that matches be staged at the first team's stadium, but they usually are. Albion have played at Stoke's ground and Forest's ground in recent seasons, and they played at Upton Park back in 2012. I wonder if there is a reason that the London Stadium can't be used.

theboybilly

It isn't knowledge, but as all home ties in the Amex era have been staged at the stadium, I would certainly hope that they will continue to be.

Edit: I'm not sure if there is actually a competition rule that matches be staged at the first team's stadium, but they usually are. Albion have played at Stoke's ground and Forest's ground in recent seasons, and they played at Upton Park back in 2012. I wonder if there is a reason that the London Stadium can't be used.

Would it possibly be because West Ham''s first Xl were playing at the London Stadium the following night? Just a thought

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Would it possibly be because West Ham''s first Xl were playing at the London Stadium the following night? Just a thought

Actually, I have just found the competition rules - RULES OF THE FA YOUTH CHALLENGE CUP COMPETITION (“the Competition”)

FAYouthCup.jpg

Perhaps West Ham don't even have permission to stage U-18 matches at the London Stadium? They are only tenants, aren't they?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion's reward for this hard-earned win.....is a trip to either Manchester United or Chelsea in the 4th round:-

FAYouthCup.jpg

The United/Chelsea 3rd round tie is played on Monday December 17th.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Chelsea were beaten in their FA Youth Cup 3rd round tie by United on Monday - the Blues first defeat in the competition since the 2013 final.

Albion U-18s will travel to face Man United in the 4th round.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Chelsea were beaten in their FA Youth Cup 3rd round tie by United on Monday - the Blues first defeat in the competition since the 2013 final.

Albion U-18s will travel to face Man United in the 4th round.

I think they'll be very happy with that.

a. because they get to play at OT, which will bequite an experience for them.

and b. because, didn't Chelsea beat our U18's THIRTEEN NIL a short while back?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here