Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] On the eve of battle: tell our players why we just gotta beat ‘them lot’

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
There is a massive difference to knowing about it and existing all the way through it. Those who were not fortunate enough to follow the Albion through the 70's and the first half of the 80's will never truly understand it.

This will bells on, orrible pikey c*nt of a club.

Thing is I did live through it, was at that cup replay at Stamford Bridge and at the birth of the rivalry, yet I don't get this hatred. Clearly, even though I have been supporting The Albion and attending matches for 49 years I'm still a bad fan!

Hey ho!

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
849E1636-306B-4705-8A90-2A334DD9CB6D.jpegA3338B94-6A9D-4A15-AEC8-9AF0C825773D.jpeg
Let’s just tear the scum apart!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Crystal Palace are just one of the teams in the Premier League. Beating them would give us three points, the same number as we would get beating any other team. That's all the players need to be told before tonight's game.

Yes, they have some mindless thugs masquerading as supporters, but there again so do many clubs. In fact there are some Brighton "fans" who are an embarrassment to the club.

giphy (2).gif

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Difference is that's a proper derby and not a manufactured one!

So who sold it for a profit oh wise one? No one, that's who. Nobody in authority wants the angst that goes with this fixture, not BHAFC, nor CPFC (2010, never forget that bit), nor Sussex Police, nor the Met, nor BT Police, nor Southern fail. And players on both sides don't really understand it generally speaking, apart from one annoying little prick, and as for the media they couldn't give a toss.This rivalry is about the fans, it was what happened to the fans, it is the emotions of the fans, it is sustained by the fans. It is not some plastic folly created to make profit for a retailer, it is what it is, a serious rivalry, and to truly immerse yourself into being an Albion fan you have to be open to just understanding just a little bit, an ever so, ever so tiny bit. If not then you become just another Premier League fan, without a club to whom you really tie your football soul to.

In my opinion like.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I know all about how our rivallry with Palace started, and have been following the Albion for over forty years.

Don't get me wrong, I want to win tomorrow night just as much as the next man, but at the end of the day, apart from the bragging rights, it will still only be the same number of points that we win, three!

Thing is I did live through it, was at that cup replay at Stamford Bridge and at the birth of the rivalry, yet I don't get this hatred. Clearly, even though I have been supporting The Albion and attending matches for 49 years I'm still a bad fan!

Hey ho!

I guess it's also relevant of your own personal involvement during that period.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
So who sold it for a profit oh wise one? No one, that's who. Nobody in authority wants the angst that goes with this fixture, not BHAFC, nor CPFC (2010, never forget that bit), nor Sussex Police, nor the Met, nor BT Police, nor Southern fail. And players on both sides don't really understand it generally speaking, apart from one annoying little prick, and as for the media they couldn't give a toss.This rivalry is about the fans, it was what happened to the fans, it is the emotions of the fans, it is sustained by the fans. It is not some plastic folly created to make profit for a retailer, it is what it is, a serious rivalry, and to truly immerse yourself into being an Albion fan you have to be open to just understanding just a little bit, an ever so, ever so tiny bit. If not then you become just another Premier League fan, without a club to whom you really tie your football soul to.

In my opinion like.

Your opinion Sir, is perfect.

That was brilliant Daz.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Personally I would rather beat Man Utd (again) or Man City or Liverpool or Chelsea or Arsenal (again).

That does not mean I want to lose against Palace...……….

Well then thats a bit daft really isn't it.

Any points we pick up against the top teams are effectively bonus points. Its FAR more valuable to get points against filth like Palace, because we are in the lower half of the table and will be battling with the likes of them all season to avoid the drop. It is just as valuable to deny them points as it is for us to gain them. It keeps them in their rightful place - below us. And leaves them in trouble.

3 points against Palace would be twice as valuable as 3 points against Arsenal.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

In my opinion like.

So yet again, according to you I’m a bad fan, as I don’t immerse myself in being an Albion fan... grow up!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So yet again, according to you I’m a bad fan, as I don’t immerse myself in being an Albion fan... grow up!

I did not call you a bad fan, I would suggest that you are more of a modern Premier League football fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here