Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] On the eve of battle: tell our players why we just gotta beat ‘them lot’

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No as you started following the Albion since 83/84 you won't get the hatred, fans of the seventies will

Poor parental upbringing too. I just needed to ask my mother what should I be?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No as you started following the Albion since 83/84 you won't get the hatred, fans of the seventies will

I know all about how our rivallry with Palace started, and have been following the Albion for over forty years.

Don't get me wrong, I want to win tomorrow night just as much as the next man, but at the end of the day, apart from the bragging rights, it will still only be the same number of points that we win, three!

Lush

Mods' Pet
The best 'eve of battle' talks I've seen in the past have been given by Zaha.

I don't think we can rely on Hughton for this. His pre-match message seems to be about taking the emotion out of the game

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I know all about how our rivallry with Palace started, and have been following the Albion for over forty years.

Don't get me wrong, I want to win tomorrow night just as much as the next man, but at the end of the day, apart from the bragging rights, it will still only be the same number of points that we win, three!
I do understand when you say you know about the rivalry but unless you were there in the seventies you won't imho feel it. But the scum have done enough since 83 for Albion fans to continue the hatred. There scum applauding when ending Gerry Ryan's career, the financial cheating (twice) . Their scum board who accepted Tony Blooms offer to pay for the beamback to SP , when they had just taken over and stood back and let Tony Bloom and his club take all the bad publicity about poogate, when they knew it was their driver Last years performance with the fans injuring their own stewards as they forced entry to the ground. Scum from top to bottom

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I don't think we can rely on Hughton for this. His pre-match message seems to be about taking the emotion out of the game

He prefers not to add stress or pressure to any game.
The fans get nervy which doesn’t help the players.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I doubt the players or management could give an arse who the opposition is...

I'm totally convinced you're wrong. Did you see the Liverpool players' reaction to their winning goal against Everton as recently as, err, yesterday? Did you see their manager's? They care all right.

As they should, imo.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

In games like this it can actually help the players if some of the emotion IS taken out of it. Rational thinking and cool heads are things that can win games of football.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm totally convinced you're wrong. Did you see the Liverpool players' reaction to their winning goal against Everton as recently as, err, yesterday? Did you see their manager's? They care all right.

As they should, imo.

Yes I agree that they care, but I suppose it's all about how far you take it. Rivalry is one thing, hatred is quite another and has no place in football, or society in general for that matter.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Our players need to go out there and do what we all know they can do. Also, remind them not to touch Zaha in or around the box. Or breath near him for fear of blowing him over.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Never forget
cpfc-1-1-brighton-newspaper-2-1985.jpg

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Because my neighbour is Palace, and he’s going tomorrow, and the winner gets to decorate the losers front garden. I’ve been stealing Albion flags in preparation.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'd like a bit of entertainment on the pitch...last years match was a snorfest apart from the odd bang and flash in the stands..and some right w''''rs in black :moo:

IMG_0515.jpg

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
True but I started in the fifties and the rivalry then was Ipswich, Norwich, Orient and Brentford but I cannot remember any hatred that started with the scum up the road

Someone of your considerable age should try to calm down a bit, it’s only a game .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here