Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schellotto and Sutner to go in January

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
They could go according to the Argus article. There is nothing to say they are available, Hughton has said he's happy with the 25 he has and that something may happen with them going. It's not exactly screaming they are available is it, even if CH is being diplomatic.

#FACTS

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They could go according to the Argus article. There is nothing to say they are available, Hughton has said he's happy with the 25 he has and that something may happen with them going. It's not exactly screaming they are available is it, even if CH is being diplomatic.

#FACTS

Exactly, every player could go of course, providing the price is right.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For The Argus to have made this comment surely they have more in side information than we give them credit for. Taking the line shown on here any of our players could leave so it becomes a non story so why write it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I accept that but they know more than anybody who posts on here, I would presume, as they are fed information by the club, so why specifically mention those 2 players.

Because they are patently obviously, the two players in the current 25 man squad, who are not close to being involved in the first team.

It isn't difficult to see that they MIGHT be available, is it?

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
surely one will deff go as they need one of the spots in the 25 for Burn's arrival from Wigan ... maybe a loan but they still need to make space , would not be surprised if both dont go permanant or loan to give 2 spots , one for Burn & one for a 'fresh' addition

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
why specifically mention those 2 players.

Because it is not rocket science, they are both surplus to requirements...

Probably had this story on file for a number of weeks, got up with a hangover, and went to his saved file, copy & paste, hit send..... job done, back to bed with some alker seltzer

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because they are patently obviously, the two players in the current 25 man squad, who are not close to being involved in the first team.

It isn't difficult to see that they MIGHT be available, is it?

Nobody as yet has answered why they should post it NOW other than the possibility of an old file copy and paste, which doesn't seem likely.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
surely one will deff go as they need one of the spots in the 25 for Burn's arrival from Wigan ... maybe a loan but they still need to make space , would not be surprised if both dont go permanant or loan to give 2 spots , one for Burn & one for a 'fresh' addition

Thought we only had 24 and Burns is HGP, so we don’t need them to go..........

As @HKFC says though, they are the bleeding obvious candidates to be sold or go out on loan as both have virtually zero chance (barring a catastrophic run of injuries) of getting any game time in the PL, being 3rd choice at best in their positions. Hardly insightful stuff from the Argus.

I’d imagine CH would like to get a combative/creative CM if he can free up a space but other than that can’t see us doing much other business.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why write in December about 2 players who it's patently obvious will be available in January's transfer window?

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby

As @HKFC says though, they are the bleeding obvious candidates to be sold or go out on loan as both have virtually zero chance (barring a catastrophic run of injuries) of getting any game time in the PL, being 3rd choice at best in their positions. Hardly insightful stuff from the Argus.

I’d imagine CH would like to get a combative/creative CM if he can free up a space but other than that can’t see us doing much other business.

All 25 spots are reportedly taken as Schellotto & Suttner occupy one each officially or thats what I have read recently so no spaces currently

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I think currently, Ben Barclay is #25, and would likely make way for Burns*.

*unless anyone has come out, and owned up to that signing being some kind of 'You've Been Framed' spoof?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

We named a 25 man squad, so someone does need to make way for Burn to come into the squad. The most likely candidate is Ben Barclay if no-one moves as he is the least experienced player in the squad.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All 25 spots are reportedly taken as Schellotto & Suttner occupy one each officially or thats what I have read recently so no spaces currently

Sorry...yes, but includes Barclay, will he drop out and stay with U23s when Burn arrives ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Full page advert to other teams that we have 2 players who we might be happy to see go [on loan]. Simple as.

I understand, what is essentially reception class journalism, alas another poster is still struggling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here