Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 300 tickets left for Palace game

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s probably odds and sods tickets plus I tried to take a wheelchair friend but because it’s history of purchases only, my OAP friend is deemed a risk to security and the ticket office refused to sell to. You know what these pitch side disabled fans in their wheelchairs are like...always causing trouble. So I guess that’s why it’s not a sell out still. Irony is he’s been to plenty of 1901 seat games with me borrowed from the STH as they own their seat and are allowed to pass on if cannot go. Stupid rules and computer says no world we live in. As if being disabled isn’t hard enough

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
You know what these pitch side disabled fans in their wheelchairs are like...always causing trouble.

Broke my leg a while ago and was on crutches so ended up sitting in those seats for quite a few games. There was a teenage lad in a wheelchair that sat in front of the North stand and he spent the whole of every match abusing the visiting players, swearing and gesturing at them. When there was a corner they'd be right by him and he'd be insulting the corner taker the whole time. Basically no professional footballer wants to be seen abusing a young lad in a wheelchair so he got away with it. Was great fun to watch.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Broke my leg a while ago and was on crutches so ended up sitting in those seats for quite a few games. There was a teenage lad in a wheelchair that sat in front of the North stand and he spent the whole of every match abusing the visiting players, swearing and gesturing at them. When there was a corner they'd be right by him and he'd be insulting the corner taker the whole time. Basically no professional footballer wants to be seen abusing a young lad in a wheelchair so he got away with it. Was great fun to watch.
Maybe, but surely mum and dad or his carer had a word with young hooligan? Kids, they don’t half know they can push things beyond what’s reasonable. I’d been tempted to put the ball out into his gob for a corner if I was said player!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Ps hope leg is better now with no lasting complications

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Feeling incredibly demotivated to bother with this fixture. The hassle of the disruption caused by the Goon Express after the game looms large.

Maybe I'll feel differently tomorrow, but perhaps voting with my feet will go a miniscule way to encouraging a weekend lunchtime fixture for this game next time around.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Last minute decision to go and now Can't wait , hopefully the 12 hour round trip will be a good one both ways . :albion2:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Just hope that any STH not going put their tickets up for sale. Hate empty seats at the best of times, but against Palace it's doubly shite.

Chucky_78

Banned
Jan 30, 2012
How can anyone even be thinking about missing the game? Absolutely crazy.
Moaning about traffic jams is pretty cringe.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll be there with BELLS on (if they let me in with them), although I'm not particularly looking forward to it - these games are too tense to enjoy, unless its a cruise as per the SPDM.

Personally I'd just ban away fans from this fixture though. Hosting a bunch of gobby south London ratboys is just not worth all the hassle or the expense IMO. The GOONSQUAD comprehensibly proved last year that they're utterly incapable of behaving like functioning adult human beings, so I don't see why we should have to put up with their filth in our town or in our stadium ever again.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'll be there with BELLS on (if they let me in with them), although I'm not particularly looking forward to it - these games are too tense to enjoy, unless its a cruise as per the SPDM.

Personally I'd just ban away fans from this fixture though. Hosting a bunch of gobby south London ratboys is just not worth all the hassle or the expense IMO. The GOONSQUAD comprehensibly proved last year that they're utterly incapable of behaving like functioning adult human beings, so I don't see why we should have to put up with their filth in our town or in our stadium ever again.
Well said. Time was when this fixture really got my juices running, but now, meh. The extra aggravation and messing about turns me off. I am getting old lol.

*But come Tuesday evening, I will, however, be shouting and singing like my life depended on it.*

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Just made arrangements for pre match drinks to commence from around 2.30 p.m. I will of course be taking it easy as I am a lightweight.
Just can't wait for it; we must be due a win, surely?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Just hope that any STH not going put their tickets up for sale. Hate empty seats at the best of times, but against Palace it's doubly shite.

The game has to sell out first for that to even be an option.

Will be honest and say that I’m annoyingly not as fussed about it because it’s a Tuesday and given I can’t wfh tomorrow then train to and from London really is my only option which fills me full of apathy and dread (about getting home without missing the last 5/10 of the game).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm glad I can drive and don't have to train it but I'm really looking forward to the match tomorrow.

If we can nick a win and Watford fail to beat the machine that is Man City then we will be in the top half of the table, on 21 points, 9 points above Palace and some 12 points above the bottom three.

I think the difference between winning and drawing is that if we get the win we'll be able to play with a little bit more freedom in future matches. I get that Chris doesn't want to take too many risks but if we do open up a gap then it would be nice to play Chelsea on 16th December and set up to have real go at them.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
The game has to sell out first for that to even be an option.

Will be honest and say that I’m annoyingly not as fussed about it because it’s a Tuesday and given I can’t wfh tomorrow then train to and from London really is my only option which fills me full of apathy and dread (about getting home without missing the last 5/10 of the game).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trains home from the Amex are a nightmare, I've missed my connection a few times and had to drag missus RW out of bed up to London to take me home. She's flat right refused to come get me tomorrow night, so instead of missing the game, I've taken the day off work to drive down. Won't be on the beers but I'll be there. UTA!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here