Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 300 tickets left for Palace game

el punal

Not sure if some of our fans will be able to cope with this match as it sounds like a few got a hell of a verbal beating up at Huddersfield, can't imagine how they will handle a tongue lashing from the Palarse.

I was there and I coped admirably thank you very much. Also attended all the away Palace games in the seventies when there was a bit more than a tongue lashing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Such a weird mix of emotions for this game, as always.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Palace fans I know (and reading the threads on BBS) they are near enough to a man confident they are going to beat us. They think we've been lucky with our wins and are not playing well at all.

It's amazing what a good win does to a fan, they played well on Saturday but Burnley made it very easy for them!
I also think it's because we don't have a very good record at home against them.

- Lost to them, so that they were the first team to beat us at the Amex
- Won the following season (St Patricks Massacre)
- Lost the play off semi (that REALLY hurt)
- Drew last season
- Won the reserve match in the Cup

So yeah, we've won 1 out 3 league meetings at home, so certainly a sense of trepidation going into tomorrow nights game.

(Unless I've got those figures wrong, it is from memory!)

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Palace fans I know (and reading the threads on BBS) they are near enough to a man confident they are going to beat us. They think we've been lucky with our wins and are not playing well at all.

It's amazing what a good win does to a fan, they played well on Saturday but Burnley made it very easy for them!
I also think it's because we don't have a very good record at home against them.

- Drew last season

So yeah, we've won 1 out 3 league meetings at home, so certainly a sense of trepidation going into tomorrow nights game.

Confident because we have been playing well and there’s not much wrong with our side bar the obvious. We just cannot score. We won’t be able to afford the luxury of missing so many chances as saturday.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Palace fans I know (and reading the threads on BBS) they are near enough to a man confident they are going to beat us. They think we've been lucky with our wins and are not playing well at all

From what I've seen they've been playing well but have just struggled in front of goal.

We've been playing below par, converting a high proportion of the low number of chances we create and we're tough to break down.

I'll be honest, I'm worried about that **** Zaha. Again.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
From what I've seen they've been playing well but have just struggled in front of goal.

We've been playing below par, converting a high proportion of the low number of chances we create and we're tough to break down.

I'll be honest, I'm worried about that **** Zaha. Again.

I'm sure that Kevin Friend, wont be Haha's, and be sure to keep an eye on his part time job of the Ivory Coasts, token Olympic diver!

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Last minute decision to go and now Can't wait , hopefully the 12 hour round trip will be a good one both ways . :albion2:

Excellent effort Frankie! My journey will be a mere 10 hour round trip this time as the missus needs the car this week, so it'll be taxi+train to London+walk+tube+train from London+Seagulls Travel coach each way from the Midlands. Wouldn't miss this one for anything. As always, I feel a bit queasy with the pre-match for this fixture; hoping that we'll win and praying we don't lose. Travelling with the Palace fans on the train to and from Brighton can be a pain but equally can be entertaining if we win! Like many others I have a gut feel there will be a fair few STH no shows c/o memories of last season's shenanigans and also the midweek status. I hope as many Albion fans as possible make the effort to attend because the atmosphere can be electric - I always remember the 3-0 win a few years back and how euphoric that felt. Bring it on, I can't wait!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Trains home from the Amex are a nightmare, I've missed my connection a few times and had to drag missus RW out of bed up to London to take me home. She's flat right refused to come get me tomorrow night, so instead of missing the game, I've taken the day off work to drive down. Won't be on the beers but I'll be there. UTA!

Was there a correlation between beers and missing the train per chance?!

If I could get back to London at a sensibly late hour then I’d happily swallow a £30 uber home but the stupidly early last train is an absolute pisser.

I am luckily off work Wednesday so I guess I could crawl home and not worry about the consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

- Drew last season

39952808493adbb21107a08ab5471c54.jpg

Indeed they are as my snap from their forum shows...

We’re lucky and a bunch of no hopers who are are one defensive injury away from catastrophe and relegation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luge

Dec 18, 2010
ALOT of the stress of this fixture is taken away after Saturday. We're on 18 points now, from 14 games - we are 4 games quicker to that target than last year. So whilst survival isn't obviously guaranteed, it's more in our hands.

Palace have a good team, and have been unlucky. I think we have played within ourselves and have been clinical. I wouldn't say we have been lucky. Maybe against Wolves.

I would take a draw. I don't like the fixture because of the hype.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
My approach (other than this post) is to shut out all info and chatter in the build up, switching off all hype. It makes the pain of a loss insignificant. With a huge bonus if we win.

Keeps me sane.

Absolutely this.
Include a total social media / NSC black out if we lose and throw myself into work/kids every minute of the waking day for a couple of days.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Absolutely this.
Include a total social media / NSC black out if we lose and throw myself into work/kids every minute of the waking day for a couple of days.
This. They used to say that local work productivity went up after a derby win but now it is the complete opposite... :)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
ALOT of the stress of this fixture is taken away after Saturday. We're on 18 points now, from 14 games - we are 4 games quicker to that target than last year. So whilst survival isn't obviously guaranteed, it's more in our hands.

Palace have a good team, and have been unlucky. I think we have played within ourselves and have been clinical. I wouldn't say we have been lucky. Maybe against Wolves.

I would take a draw. I don't like the fixture because of the hype.

Good analysis

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Confident because we have been playing well and there’s not much wrong with our side bar the obvious. We just cannot score. We won’t be able to afford the luxury of missing so many chances as saturday.

You seemed remarkably proficient at hitting the bar on Saturday. And the post.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

- Drew last season

Spurs were the first team to beat us at the Amex.

Liverpool were the first team to beat us at the Amex in a competitive game.

Don't feed that myth.

D

Deleted member 2719

I was there and I coped admirably thank you very much. Also attended all the away Palace games in the seventies when there was a bit more than a tongue lashing.

Nice to know we still have a handful of fans who won't be upset and offended so easily.

I wonder what our father, grandfathers and great grandfathers would make of it nowadays. They were being shot at and bombed, did they whine or just get on with it, often by losing their life.

But we make such a fuss of a few words.

So come on boys don't be offended you will only feed them and if you are offended perhaps just take ear plugs.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here