Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huddersfield investigating 'homophobic chanting' at yesterdays match

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
That was just a ballsy response to something which is completely wrong, and I respect them completely for rising above it. If I was there now and someone did that I'd stick that banana in their eye socket.

However, I think 'crowd to crowd' has slightly different rules when in the stadium. It's a grey area though. Hugely so. Do you 'give as good as you take' or do you take your bat and ball home?

I'm not saying either reaction is correct, by the way.

So singing “town full of pakis” at Luton would be fine because it’s crowd to crowd?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Why do their idiot fans think he made a meal of the tackle, that their player was sent of for? He got caught hopped a few times and held his shin. I didn’t see dive in the air screaming like he had been shot.

Sorry replied to the wrong thread.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They were apparently making monkey chants at Bissouma on Saturday as well. Do you think that's fun as well? unbelievable!

Read all my posts on this and on similar issues. I was mocking a poster who thought the homophobic chants and counter chants were fun. I’m always in agreement with you on all these threads.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Nothing will come of it I suspect as it’s a HTFC internal review.

The footy authorities do stuff like the Rainbow Laces but shamefully I suspect they wont get involved in this weekly ritual, bit too difficult and not the publicity they want. :shrug:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Read all my posts on this and on similar issues. I was mocking a poster who thought the homophobic chants and counter chants were fun. I’m always in agreement with you on all these threads.

……….. Sorry. I should have realised/known better.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Looks like this is an extension of the other thread.

Of course WE can take it. The points made on the other thread, which are bang on, are

1 - sends a very poor message to anyone in the home support or team struggling with their sexuality and
2 - pretty much the worst weekend to choose to do it. It’s like flinging up a v sign to inclusiveness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Of course WE can take it. The points made on the other thread, which are bang on, are

1 - sends a very poor message to anyone in the home support or team struggling with their sexuality and
2 - pretty much the worst weekend to choose to do it. It’s like flinging up a v sign to inclusiveness.

It's not hard to understand the differences in human behaviour.
But its nigh on impossible to educate some people :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

As well as people getting assaulted by ********s ‘gay bashing’. It still goes on. Zero tolerance to this mindset and Parliament thought so too with ‘hate laws’ covering homophobia in a wide sense.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I see on twitter BennettsFieldBunny thinks it is perfectly acceptable from the Huddersfield fans. Apparently it’s on par with ‘dirty northern bastards’, what an idiot.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Was certainly a long way from the worst I’ve seen.

Was just a few of them singing you’re going down on your boyfriend in response to us singing you’re going down with the Palace.
Oh, well that's alright then [emoji849][emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
Sky Sports:

Huddersfield are investigating reports of homophobic chanting during Saturday's 2-1 home defeat to Brighton.

The Huddersfield Town LGBT supporters group, Proud Terriers, claimed on Sunday morning that homophobic abuse had been directed towards the travelling support at the John Smith's Stadium.

Huddersfield have said they will issue banning orders to fans proven to have partaken in such chanting.

Brighton are also understood to be aware of the allegations and considering a response.

"The club is aware of reports of homophobic abuse at yesterday's game against Brighton," a Huddersfield statement read.

"This is not something that Huddersfield Town will allow or accept. It is totally abhorrent and an affront to the overwhelming majority of the club's fantastic supporters.

"Officials at the club will do all they can to identify any individuals involved, who will face banning orders if proven.

"Huddersfield Town is extremely proud of its reputation as an inclusive club and the behaviour of a few individuals will not be allowed to tarnish this."
Sounds like the luv bus gang have been stirring the cauldron
regards
DR

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The issue is such a thin line between banter and abuse and although we witness it at many clubs it is a step in the right direction for a home clubs to acknowledge it and show they will take appropriate action

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I get called a ****** as banter regularly and I just tell them to bend over and I'll show them
:lolol:

Hilarious just as good as when you kick people when down and out on the ground

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I get called a ****** as banter regularly and I just tell them to bend over and I'll show them
:lolol:

What do you do when you’re called.a moron?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here