Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma at Huddersfield - playacting?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
The less-one-eyed Hudd fans are rating his performance as pivotal to our result. I know they were down to 10 men, but sounds like he was everywhere yesterday. Chuffed for him.

He was particularly good in the second half. He was getting a lot of the ball and the Huddersfield challenges weren’t phasing him, even with 2 or 3 trying to take it off him.

I also think that the Huddersfield fans booing him spurred him even more to show them what he is about.

Absolutely pivotal game and it is possibly the start of the type of performances which we’ve heard he was capable of from his previous clubs.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Outside of the 'Big Six', only Everton, Leicester, Bournemouth and Watford are above us and we aren't even playing well. These are fantastic times, thanks for the 3 points Hudds and who gives a toss what some of their bitter fans think?:cheers:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That boney area is bloody painfully when hit, especially with studs.

Loads of play acting in games every week, but not this time. Bissouma was honest.

He played well too. He’s going to come good for us.

I’m ignoring a few fools in Hudd.

Exactly. He didn’t go down immediately anyway, ugly challenge got what it deserved.

Some of their challenges were a bit moronic at times, particularly the donkey who replaced Pritchard, seemed to foul in silly places rather than apply pressure.

Wasn’t Propper sent off controversially against them last year at our place following a 50/50?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It was a pivotal moment. Mounie’s snide foot up ruined their afternoon.
That's exactly it isn't it? Nobody goes in with studs that high unless they wanted to hurt somebody. The Huddersfield idiots can't see beyond the red card and that's not helped by that tw@t of a manager boo hooing like he is. Let's hope they find the express lane to the Championship.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It's about time this got put to bed.
Every player attempts to gain an advantage by playacting.

Some are better than others.
Some are more frequent than others.

But they all have done it, do it, will do it in the future.

To complain about it is being as myopic as Mark Hughes is on referee decisions.

It doesn't make it right though does it. If I see it in the opposition, i'll boo it. If I see my player doing it, i'll shout him to get up

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Can never work out why people get so irate at a game of football. Personally, I don't think their played deserved a red but the ref gave it (end of). A few weeks ago at Cardiff we got some shitty decisions in my view, but it happens. That night people seemed to think it was the end of the world (especially on social media) - it's only a game FFS.

I accept we are all passionate and want our teams to win, but just don't understand some people getting so worked up. If you don't like seeing your team losing then don't go to a game. I have watched a lot of rugby in years gone by and never witnessed people getting so upset over refereeing decisions, and some of the rules and decisions you get at the rugby are truly baffling. Take a chill pill Huddersfield fans and the chances are next week a poor decision will go in your favour.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I see none of the Hudds (fans) are complaining about Michael Oliver stopping play when Andone was about to go clean through on goal. One if their players was play acting a head injury and then got straight back up
I was singing “you don’t know what you’re doing” along with the home fans.

Oh and Bissouma bossed the whole game and was very obviously injured.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I see none of the Hudds (fans) are complaining about Michael Oliver stopping play when Andone was about to go clean through on goal. One if their players was play acting a head injury and then got straight back up
I was singing “you don’t know what you’re doing” along with the home fans.

Oh and Bissouma bossed the whole game and was very obviously injured.

Yes. That was cheating, not play acting.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can never work out why people get so irate at a game of football. Personally, I don't think their played deserved a red but the ref gave it (end of). A few weeks ago at Cardiff we got some shitty decisions in my view, but it happens. That night people seemed to think it was the end of the world (especially on social media) - it's only a game FFS.

I accept we are all passionate and want our teams to win, but just don't understand some people getting so worked up. If you don't like seeing your team losing then don't go to a game. I have watched a lot of rugby in years gone by and never witnessed people getting so upset over refereeing decisions, and some of the rules and decisions you get at the rugby are truly baffling. Take a chill pill Huddersfield fans and the chances are next week a poor decision will go in your favour.

Wagner took the hysteria to a whole new level. We’re only 1st Dec so it was not pivotal to the their hopes and the Hudd chairman has made it plain on many occasion that Wagner’s job is secure. The ref did a great job, yet the baby cried and whined.

Last edited:

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Watched MOTD and the pundits reviewed the sending off, Pritchard penalty claim and Balogun tackle and agreed the ref got all the decisions correct. I hope the PL throw the book at Wagner for his pathetic comments after the game!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When I saw the starting XI my main concern was the team was going to be too nice. Sometimes you need a player who’s going to be a niggly annoying *******; someone the opposition fans can’t wait to see the back of, and with no Stephens, Kayal or Murray I was worried we were missing that. Step forward Yves Bissouma who had a great game and was that annoying presence we needed.

Oh, and him pulling his socks down as he came off was f*cking brilliant. Genuinely made me laugh out loud. He was living rent free inside their fans heads by the time he got off the pitch, superb work.

Quip of the season so far :bowdown::lolol:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Actually thought the opposite. Thought his reaction to the tackle was very natural. Rather than going down like a sack of spuds, he hopped about a bit, which I imagine you would naturally do if someone had caught your shins.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The chunk missing out of his leg probably smarted a bit, but we mustn’t judge the Huddersfield fans by our own soft as shite shandy drinking standards.

their northern monkey boro neighbours didn't take to leg chunkification too kindly as i remember........think the bottom line is the standard of refereeing , pantomimesque a fair bit of the time and having been shafted in the last 2 games I'm not feeling too bad about this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here