• N/A The Palace stain is too great

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'd have gone for Simon Jordan. The silly orange prick lost £30m+ by trying to do the right thing for the club he supported. Unfortunately for him, it was Palace. The money hoovering spiv fest that masquerades as a football club did poor Simon hook line and sinker.

I laughed at the time, and he is a perma tanned, shit watch wearing, poncy car driving knob. But he did try to help his club and they shat on him from a great height.

The Palace way.

Wright shouldn't be on the list btw. He's Arsenal.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ha ****ing ha - the key word is "scumbag"

It’s weird how many seem to think that their favourite is someone they dislike.

I read the thread title as meaning someone who can be forgiven their Palace credentials, but maybe it’s me that’s got it wrong. The names in the poll suggest I’m right, though.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
It’s weird how many seem to think that their favourite is someone they dislike.

I read the thread title as meaning someone who can be forgiven their Palace credentials, but maybe it’s me that’s got it wrong. The names in the poll suggest I’m right, though.

Quite. Least favourite would have been Jordan, Bright, Hughton, Morrison, Allison etc

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ian Wright - played for them for years, then moved to Arsenal. When at Arsenal, they played Palace on the last game of the season in which Palace needed a point to stay up. Not only did Wright score, he celebrated wildly in front of their fans thus tarnishing the memories they had of him. For this reason, plus the infectious enthusiasm he has for the game, I am a massive fan of Ian Wright. I only wish we'd taken him when we had the chance.

Steve Coppell - near-miracle worker for us before Reading stole him

Geoff Thomas - limited footballer, provided mirth for that miss v France, but above all he's just one of life's good guys. See his leukaemia related charity work after contracting it himself.

Southgate - ex NigeI he may be, but he's a Sussex lad doing a good job for the national team (nearly reaching the WC final) who has given Dunk his chance. He's also another of life's good guys, with dignity and manners. Hard to dislike.

Can't we have a thread dedicated to NigeIs we detest? Mark f**king Bright. What an absolute c**t he is.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

The thread is surely about ex-Palace we might quite like? I used to (secretly) like Vince Hilaire - enjoyed watching him play. Of the list Southgate for me - just hard to dislike at all.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Ah! One from my era of Palace hating. Add to that Billy Gilbert, Swindlehurst, Malcolm Allison and countless others who I can’t be arsed to name apart from that f***ing tw*t goalkeeping clown Burridge. Before the game against the Albion, in October 1978, he decided to show off his “gymnastics” routine to the crowd. Bellendery at it’s worst. And even worse we lost 3-1 and it was my birthday. Believe me, I want revenge on Tuesday night, in fact, I demand it.

I was at that game. Immense support for the Albion that day. Didn't a few Albion fans pop up in their end?
Quite a lively affair as I remember.

el punal

I was at that game. Immense support for the Albion that day. Didn't a few Albion fans pop up in their end?
Quite a lively affair as I remember.

Always lively in those days! I recall one incident, can’t remember which game, at Selhurst Park, when me and the missus were stuck in no-man’s land behind the goal - Whitehorse Lane end. Albion fans on the right of us and Palace on the left. Suddenly a load of bottles and other bits of shit came flying over us from both directions. As we were in the middle, eye of the storm scenario, we were unscathed. Peace and goodwill to all men it definitely was not! :drink:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Iain Dowie, meet him through business a fair bit, always a good laugh

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here