Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match Of The Day 01/12/18 - Official Thread

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If we are not on next I am going to bed!

I ****ing hate motd

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To quote the intro we got on MOTD:-

"There are four other ties to come. We start our round-up with ..................."

This is MOTD speak for, "We have a contract to show highlights from every match, whether we want to or not, so here are four we couldn't give a toss about and will get through as fast as we can and then go home." At least we beat the:-

"And now for the final five matches"
dustbin!

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Treated like a tie between two League One sides, when in fact it was the only all-Premier League tie of the day. Not even any commentary (apart from the Bournemouth goal). What a load of ****.

Last edited:

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
To quote the intro we got on MOTD:-

This is MOTD speak for, "We have a contract to show highlights from every match, whether we want to or not, so here are the final four we couldn't give a toss about and will get through as fast as we can and then go home."
Not quite that bad, another 5 after !! Dismal coverage though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Didn't even get full commtary on an all Premier league tie with 4 goals. Didn't mention us at all in the analysis, despite showing all our goals. Hate to sound bitter but f*** this. That was terrible

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I actually recorded it in advance so I could watch the highlights back again. MoTD really do treat us like we are an absolute nothing team.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Imagine if we reached the final...

"Good afternoon and welcome to our coverage of the 2019 Emirates FA Cup Final, featuring Manchester City [sentence ends abruptly].

Under the radar is one thing but I'm starting to think Auntie Beeb doesn't even have a radar.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I actually recorded it in advance so I could watch the highlights back again. MoTD really do treat us like we are an absolute nothing team.

The BBC highlight clips, links to which kind posters have posted on other threads, actually show more of the match than MOTD!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

It was only a couple of years ago (when we put out a full reserve side against Lincoln during our promotion campaign) that Gabby Logan suggested Brighton fans might live to regret that, as if to say we'd be starry-eyed at the prospect of playing a PL club. This was 10 mins before they showed Newcastle (her "team") putting out a reserve side against lower league oppostion, and losing. That was ok though.

So it's hardly surprising.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How are we so far down the show tonight ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Two equally matched teams, so no giant killing. We're on MOTD every week, so lower league teams are always going to be shown first as the FA Cup all the BBC have left.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Nsc + motd = giphy (36).gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here