Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bernardo

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I honestly though he looked a class act during pre season and was surprised he didn't start the season as first choice left back.
Glad to see he is settling in as a starter now. I can't see Bong getting back I anytime soon but it's good to have some strength in depth for the position.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought that he played well but drifted into the middle too much leaving the wide man with too much room, and if he does that against Zaha or Townsend on Tuesday they will tear us apart.

Thread closed. Chief LB guru has spoken.

:lolol:

The LB guru might want to factor in that the last two weeks may have been to bed Bernardo in so that he can do a big job on Winny on Tuesday. Just a thought though. Anyone who was recommending J Lloyd Samuel just a couple of years ago must know their stuff.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I honestly though he looked a class act during pre season and was surprised he didn't start the season as first choice left back.
Glad to see he is settling in as a starter now. I can't see Bong getting back I anytime soon but it's good to have some strength in depth for the position.

He did start the season as first choice left back, he palyed at Watford in our opening day defeat.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010

Tuesday??

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He did start the season as first choice left back, he palyed at Watford in our opening day defeat.

Yes, but got switched to RB early on when Bruno was crocked, and was woeful......he got flamed on here, but he was out of position.

Looks a very, very good footballer to me. Think Bong is destined for the bench.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
As a regular.. I think he was made a scapegoat in the first game imho.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Excellent, definite upgrade on Bong. Very good defensively and some lovely touches, looks very comfortable on the ball.

And no costly rash challenges like we have to put up with Bong in most games which is a bonus.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd call it an encouraging start but given we've played against 10 men in 2 of the last 3 hours of football bigger tests await him, starting on Tuesday vs Townsend.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I went to Man City & Cardiff......anyone else who was there already knows Bong is history.
Just took CH longer to realise...

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Bernardo may become first choice soon, but Bong has been a great signing for the club. A small fee from Wigan and helping the club win promotion and comfortably staying up last season. I'm not going to give him any criticism tonight.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Bernardo may become first choice soon, but Bong has been a great signing for the club. A small fee from Wigan and helping the club win promotion and comfortably staying up last season. I'm not going to give him any criticism tonight.

Spot on.

Bernardo does look good though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Soon ? I reckon he already is. Not a lot between him and Bong overall though. I like Bong.

Cover for every position.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

You are right of course, we all loved him when he helped us win promotion less than two short years ago. Even if he does lose his place to Bernardo that doesn't make him a bad player.

That is one of the problems with NSC, you can never be average, just fantastic or awful, nothing in between.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here