Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mounie red card..(Hudds lodge - and lose - appeal)

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
It was soft, I don’t see how anyone can say any different. However, his foot was high and nowhere near the ball, so little choice for the ref.

Football has a funny way of levelling itself up over a season and it feels like karma for the Cardiff game!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was soft, I don’t see how anyone can say any different. However, his foot was high and nowhere near the ball, so little choice for the ref.

Football has a funny way of levelling itself up over a season and it feels like karma for the Cardiff game!

Not soft under current laws and interpretation. We need to get used to these be standard reds.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Stephens and Mounie were both red cards.

And just as well Mounie was sent off, there was no way we were winning that before the red card. They were even worse than us with 10 men. Two very average sides.

Getting carried away a bit there, ‘below average’ sides. :thumbsup:

#funatparties

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Looking at the full replay, Mounie didn't really make a fuss or complain much about the decision did he. Put his head in his hands. He knew it was a red.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Definite red for me, got nothing on the ball and high contact on Bissouma's shin.
On Stephens red, he did get the ball but caught the player on the follow through, dubious for me but can understand why it may have been given.
Balogun, i feared the worst, but only because of the earlier red for Mounie, on its own it was a mis-timed tackle, worthy of the yellow card that was given, but no more than that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Charlie Nicholas on Sky reckoned it was a yellow, as did Wagner.

I think 80-90% of refs would give a red there. Mounie can't have too many complaints.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well having just watched the highlights, I think its the softest red I've ever seen.

I though that, but on another look it's a bit sneaky. Appeared to draw blood too.

Clear case of "left foot in", haven't seen our attempt at a sending off yet - but I suspect it will get called out as red on MOTD.

Having received homophobic and other abuse up their last season ( I was in the last bank near the home) I couldn't give a f###.

:)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Mounie's looked loads more of a red than Stephens one did. He caught him much further up the leg and the studs were up at the time of contact.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Mounie's looked loads more of a red than Stephens one did. He caught him much further up the leg and the studs were up at the time of contact.

90% of Brighton supporters will agree......90% of Hudds supporters will disagree. We see what we want to see !

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If you read the law about excessive force, you will see it implies the other two. The excessive force explanation states “in danger of injuring the opponent.” The wreckless explanation states “disregard to the danger to the opponent”. If you’re in danger of injuring someone you have shown disregard to the danger of the opponent. And disregard implies lack of attention and consideration which is the definition of careless. I think this is clear and they are not mutually different things which I think you're suggesting. That’s how I see it :smile:

That just seems like such an odd overstating of things. I don't think I've ever heard anyone in football say "it has to be a red, he's gone in with excessive force, which encompasses recklessness and/or carelessness".

You're not getting the red for the carelessness or the recklessness. You're only getting the red because it goes beyond that into excessive force, ergo, while excessive force may encompass recklessness and carelessness, the red isn't for either of those things, it's for that extra thing that makes it excessive.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Right old moaner on Talksport

"Barely touched him", "Player wen't down like he was hit with a bulldozer"

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
1c3709a02aa4b7b5350a28e572a191b5.jpg

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Actually...

Serious foul play is when the incident occurs while challenging for the ball, violent conduct is for off-the-ball incidents. An elbow to the ribs while both jockeying for the ball is serious foul play, an elbow to the ribs while stood in the box waiting for the corner to be taken is violent conduct.

So he was sent off for serious foul play, which is what I wrote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here