Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mounie red card..(Hudds lodge - and lose - appeal)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Interesting listen / watch this afternoon. Aspinall saying it was a straight red while Charlie Nicholas on Sky was saying it wasn't even a yellow. Having seen it on the highlights link on the match thread several times it is worse than either Stephens at Boro or Stephens at Cardiff. Over the top and studs up.

Back in the day it was only a talking to but these days, if there is to be consistency, then it's a red all day long.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
1c3709a02aa4b7b5350a28e572a191b5.jpg

DW is angry because they were leading and lost the game. This was their 5thhome defeat of the season and look a team that other than a long throw seem to have been found out. DW is just trying to deflect from his and the teams poor performance.
On our record from last season Huddersfield have a 50% chance of being relegated given they lost at Home to us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interesting listen / watch this afternoon. Aspinall saying it was a straight red while Charlie Nicholas on Sky was saying it wasn't even a yellow. Having seen it on the highlights link on the match thread several times it is worse than either Stephens at Boro or Stephens at Cardiff. Over the top and studs up.

Back in the day it was only a talking to but these days, if there is to be consistency, then it's a red all day long.

100% this.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Stephens against Cardiff was very clearly a red. This one didn’t look like one though. Very similar to the Stephens one a few years ago. Don’t think that one at Middelsborough or today was a red.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
saw several replays on the good quality HD stream I had. Mounie's action wasn't natural movement, if it was his foot would have come down (dont know how else to describe it), the fact that his foot was still up shows he meant it and the ref got it spot on.
Balogun, meh, thought he was lucky to stay on.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
saw several replays on the good quality HD stream I had. Mounie's action wasn't natural movement, if it was his foot would have come down (dont know how else to describe it), the fact that his foot was still up shows he meant it and the ref got it spot on.
Balogun, meh, thought he was lucky to stay on.

Yup.

Mounie left his foot up, correct decision, and Balogun was very lucky not to get a red.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So he was sent off for serious foul play, which is what I wrote.

Yes, but you also wrote that violent conduct was head banging and punching. It can be, but it's about whether the action takes place while challenging for the ball, not what the action itself is.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
dangerous so fair red card, but light and would see many similar without maybe even a card.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
MOTD verdict

-can see why it was a red
-ref got yellow for Balogun spot on
-Pricktard no pen, went down too easily

**** off Wagner [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You can't watch a lot of football or it's just a throw away comment.

There have been several comments like that on this thread. There are loads of softer reds, sometimes a player goes down and there's been no contact whatsoever. People either have very poor memory or they don't take it in in the first place.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Yes, but you also wrote that violent conduct was head banging and punching. It can be, but it's about whether the action takes place while challenging for the ball, not what the action itself is.[/QUOTe..

Indeed. I was just avoiding unnecessarily pompous and detailed explanation that was non contextual to this incident . Poster said it was violent conduct, I just pointed out it wasn’t by using a couple of examples. Simple, really.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Indeed. I was just avoiding unnecessarily pompous and detailed explanation that was non contextual to this incident . Poster said it was violent conduct, I just pointed out it wasn’t by using a couple of examples. Simple, really.

What unnecessary pompousness exists in "it would have been serious foul play; violent conduct is off-the-ball incidents" but doesn't exist in "It would have been for serious foul play; violent conduct is head banging, punching etc."?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Zaha not scored since May? Lump on Tuesday

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here