Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ‘Down on your boyfriend’

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Do feel that the calling the Huddersfield lot northern monkeys is a bit of an insult! I personally happen to think monkeys are very intelligent things and if I were a monkey I would be mortified to be associated with a Huddersfield Neanderthal! 🤣

I'm not sure the Neanderthals would be particularly happy at being associated with Huddersfield Town fans either.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Very audible on the stream from a large number of thick northern monkeys. And on the rainbow thingy day / game too I think. Piss poor, not such songs like that for a while.
All I could hear was that sodding drum. All bloody game pretty much. What a Desparate kareoki that was. Dreadful. Like an even crappier xfactor. Palace could learn something from those sad tossers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Boo hoo. So they're not allowed to call us gay but you're allowed to call them thick northern monkeys?

You're:

a) precious,

b) thick.

What is exactly ‘precious’ about calling out homophobic chants? It’s not ‘banter’, it’s totally unacceptable.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What is exactly ‘precious’ about calling out homophobic chants? It’s not ‘banter’, it’s totally unacceptable.

It’s ok mate, he has some personal thing against me and many others on here. Let’s just go with option B, and agree I’m thick :thumbsup:

As he gave up going to games to support his club, he’s probably unaware of the huge shift in the last 10 years and that all the homophobic shit we used to get is now widely accepted as unacceptable, and times have fortunately changed.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Maybe the Hudderfield fans thought we had a lot of female supporters present?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
All I could hear was that sodding drum. All bloody game pretty much. What a Desparate kareoki that was. Dreadful. Like an even crappier xfactor. Palace could learn something from those sad tossers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I was disappointed in their fans compared to last season. I know the result was different but I expected them to be really noisy again but it didn't happen except for a few clacker sessions. Last year they sang loud all game, had a song for every player. Second season syndrome?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Boo hoo. So they're not allowed to call us gay but you're allowed to call them thick northern monkeys?

You're:

a) precious,

b) thick.

The term northern monkey is derived from Monkey Hangers, which relates to the apocryphal tale of the Hartlepool French spy incedent. Most, if not all, northerners I know don't see this as an insult, just banter.

Homophobic abuse, on the other hand, is unacceptable; and if you as a moderator of these forums don't see the difference, then shame on you.

Was Jonh Barnes being precious, when he was pissed off at having bananas thrown at him?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The term northern monkey is derived from Monkey Hangers, which relates to the apocryphal tale of the Hartlepool French spy incedent. Most, if not all, northerners I know don't see this as an insult, just banter.

Homophobic abuse, on the other hand, is unacceptable; and if you as a moderator of these forums don't see the difference, then shame on you.

Was Jonh Barnes being precious, when he was pissed off at having bananas thrown at him?

Husty a mod hahahahaha. (check the spelling)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What about the bestiality chants to the Cardiff fans from us? :O
Life goes on and who really cares if they call us a bunch of poofs.
It was specifically a day against Homophobia in sport. The fact the chants were heard and you don't see a problem is the EXACT reason the day is needed. Would you be as glib about monkey chants on Kick It Out day?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Indeed, no idea whatsoever why anyone gets upset at these chants.

We were quite close to their drummy bit yesterday, just laugh at the cretins.

But you could have said (and I'm sure
a lot of people did) the same about racism back in the day. I don't get upset about it, but I'm glad that it's dying out - certainly compared to 10 or so years ago. People are right to call it out if it happens.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, I’m allowed to call homophobes monkeys and quote where they’re from. You’ve always been a ****, always been called out on here as a **** and I have no issues calling you a **** again, on the other hand :thumbsup:

This.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was specifically a day against Homophobia in sport. The fact the chants were heard and you don't see a problem is the EXACT reason the day is needed. Would you be as glib about monkey chants on Kick It Out day?

This also.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To be honest though given some of the vitriol their fans have written on their site, it does beg the question as to the thought process some of them from that town. Wishing a player has a career ending injury because he happened to be challenged. Very strange ilk.

I got told on DATM that someone wanted my legs broken because I said it was a red. Really classy bunch.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I got told on DATM that someone wanted my legs broken because I said it was a red. Really classy bunch.

You go on a fans web site after they had lost at home to a decision that most people agree could quite easily have gone both ways. You then suggest to said web site that actually it was a red in your opinion and they had a go at you.

Blimey...I bet you didn't see that coming? I take it you didn't come on he when Stevens was sent off...the vitriol on here was amazing.

Tell you what, if we lose to palace on Tuesday and they have scored by zaha swan diving for a penalty to win the game...come on here and suggest that perhaps it may have been a penalty and see what reaction you get.

I never understand the mentality of people who go on to other people's fan sites and goad their fans and the name come on here bleating about how beastly they are.

You all know that there are Neanderthals around the country and they all infest fan sites...just read the brexit thread on here. Go and look at the arsenal site after last season when we played them at home. My mate who is a fan of theirs sent me quotes from things some of their fans had been writing and it makes DATM look like the bible. Seemly all of our women fans as well as all of the males population of brighton have aids too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here