Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Wilder vs Fury

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I hadn't planned on watching this, but the more the week goes on and watching the adverts and press conferences etc the more intrigued I am becoming.

I have followed Fury's career from the start. He is a very strange and troubled man, and I despise a lot of what he says and stands for. That said he is a very funny *******... Ultimately you have to take your hat off to him for what he has achieved in his career. I remember when he was touted to fight David Price when they were both on the ascendance, and I was convinced Pricey would knock him out. In the end they never fought and their careers will be looked at very differently - regardless of the result against Wilder. Someone in the pub convinced me to back him against Klitschko - again when I thought he had no chance. I came out with egg on my face but about £100 richer. Somehow he just pulls it out of the bag, and I think it boils down to having been taught how to fight from a very young age. If he had the same sort of power possessed by Wilder or Joshua he could have become one of the greatest of all time - but then again the lack of power has probably inspired him to learn the craft of boxing to the level he has done.

In terms of boxing ability Fury is worlds ahead of Wilder. But then when you consider the time out of the ring, the damage that could have been done by the coke, putting on the weight, then losing the weight again you are forced to forget the Klitschko masterclass. Then add that Wilder is a very different opponent - one that will let his hands go, and must land at some point. Fury has been down before but there is no way he can be considered chinny. The last time he went down he rose like the ****ing Undertaker in WWE. I am convinced that if Fury had two more tune up fights against better opponents then he would humiliate Wilder - and he still might.

Bottom line for me - if Fury is in good enough shape to do 12 rounds and has shaken off all of his physical and mental demons then he wins a shutout or even a late stoppage when Wilder starts getting the hump and goes nutty. If he's not then Wilder will land - and still go nutty as he always does to get his opponent out.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I hadn't planned on watching this, but the more the week goes on and watching the adverts and press conferences etc the more intrigued I am becoming.

I have followed Fury's career from the start. He is a very strange and troubled man, and I despise a lot of what he says and stands for. That said he is a very funny *******... Ultimately you have to take your hat off to him for what he has achieved in his career. I remember when he was touted to fight David Price when they were both on the ascendance, and I was convinced Pricey would knock him out. In the end they never fought and their careers will be looked at very differently - regardless of the result against Wilder. Someone in the pub convinced me to back him against Klitschko - again when I thought he had no chance. I came out with egg on my face but about £100 richer. Somehow he just pulls it out of the bag, and I think it boils down to having been taught how to fight from a very young age. If he had the same sort of power possessed by Wilder or Joshua he could have become one of the greatest of all time - but then again the lack of power has probably inspired him to learn the craft of boxing to the level he has done.

In terms of boxing ability Fury is worlds ahead of Wilder. But then when you consider the time out of the ring, the damage that could have been done by the coke, putting on the weight, then losing the weight again you are forced to forget the Klitschko masterclass. Then add that Wilder is a very different opponent - one that will let his hands go, and must land at some point. Fury has been down before but there is no way he can be considered chinny. The last time he went down he rose like the ****ing Undertaker in WWE. I am convinced that if Fury had two more tune up fights against better opponents then he would humiliate Wilder - and he still might.

Bottom line for me - if Fury is in good enough shape to do 12 rounds and has shaken off all of his physical and mental demons then he wins a shutout or even a late stoppage when Wilder starts getting the hump and goes nutty. If he's not then Wilder will land - and still go nutty as he always does to get his opponent out.

Good post. Completely agree.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

We'll put you down as an 'undecided' then :thumbsup:

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
100% agree with that. It's possibly because in the 80's i used to listen to big fights on a small transistor radio in my room having already gone to bed. The atmosphere you get from the radio, combined with your imagination, is magical.
Yes. Remember listening to Tyson beat on Bruno on the radio. Still remember how exciting it came across.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Good on all of you getting up in the early hours. Thanking my lucky stars I'm in the right timezone.

Fury is boxing's outlier. Big heavy guy who moves as fast as much lighter men.

If his stamina is fantastic, and he can box and move for 12 rounds, he will win.
If he starts to gas at any point, then it's Wilder's fight.
Tyson cannot afford to play around on the ropes like he does against lesser opposition.

Absolutely cannot wait, build up has been fantastic.
No talk about AJ as they both have rematch clauses. AJ to fight Whyte in April, pretty much nailed on.
Never seen Eddie so bitter!

I am not even putting a single $ on this as its 50/50, anything can happen.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Desperate for Tyson to bring it home. The guy has beat his demons and is now an inspiration to 1000's of people struggling with mental health problems. Proper fairy tale if he pulls it off but who knows what damage the last 3 year's has done. Wilder looks proper rattled though and hasn't been anywhere near someone of Tysons class.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Pressure is on Wilder big time.
He's never been in a fight nearly this big, against someone bigger and just as loud and confident as himself.

Tyson is the absolute master of mind-games, he's 100% in Wilder's mind.

Waiting for the weigh-in vids to surface on YouTube.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Pressure is on Wilder big time.
He's never been in a fight nearly this big, against someone bigger and just as loud and confident as himself.

Tyson is the absolute master of mind-games, he's 100% in Wilder's mind.

Waiting for the weigh-in vids to surface on YouTube.

Is the weigh-in being shown live anywhere? I’ve heard it’s 9pm UK time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here