Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] MLB London

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Is it me or is the pitch really small compared to a real baseball ground, I seen games at a few stadiums in the US and its a long way from the diamond to the home run wall certainly much much more than across a football pitch

Edit: Ah its at the London Stadium, I thought it was at Wembley, but still it does seem a bit small

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Two best supported teams in baseball, for UK fans it's a one-off premium event and the prices reflect that. Can't stand either side so have no interest in the game, but if you are going to fill a stadium for MLB in the UK they have picked the two sides to do it, a major coup.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I was thrilled when I heard we were going to see regular season games in the UK, even if it was the Red Sox Yankees and it was at West Ham.

I was also planning to take my kids, and some of my mates said they fancied it too.

But I'm sorry these prices are just ridiculous. I cannot believe they have priced so high, not for one game but for two.

Compare NFL at Wembley which I understand is average 80 quid, or all day at the Lords Test also 80 quid.

Yes there are some 30 and 40 quid tickets, but not anywhere you would be able to sit and take in a game.

I will be going to one game, probably on my own, because I just don't anyone else who is prepared to pay 150 or 200 to watch a game, and am not sure I will.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Bluejays in April. I'll be buying 4 tickets for my kids and expect to be paying the same as I will for one in London.

Dreadful missed opportunity by MLB who said they were hoping to attract a whole new audience when they announced the game.

Now they will look like a joke with so many empty seats all in the pursuit of greed and making a buck

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is it me or is the pitch really small compared to a real baseball ground, I seen games at a few stadiums in the US and its a long way from the diamond to the home run wall certainly much much more than across a football pitch

Edit: Ah its at the London Stadium, I thought it was at Wembley, but still it does seem a bit small

Agreed. I think there'll be plenty of home runs over the course of these 36 innings - the perimeters look pretty tight going by the seating plan, and there won't be much in the way of a high wall to scale on the outfield.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'll be going with my partner - the tickets are to be his Christmas present, although he doesn't know it yet.

I'm not a baseball fan at all, but it'll make him happy so there we go.

The pricing does seem very steep compared to the MLB game we went to in the States last year.

I hope they're not an Albion fan and not on here :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I pre-registered for this ... but not at those prices.

Much, much more expensive than they are in the US. I'm not sure that this going to be a sell-out
Agree with all of this. I'm not paying that much for MLB I'm afraid. I guess I might have done if one of the teams had been the Blue Jays...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Agree with all of this. I'm not paying that much for MLB I'm afraid. I guess I might have done if one of the teams had been the Blue Jays...

You'd have to make sure you leave before the inevitable choke in the 9th innings.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You'd have to make sure you leave before the inevitable choke in the 9th innings.

Game I went to in DC was hilarious.

Bottom of the 9th and DC 4-2 down - There was a load of St Louis fans giving the home fans shit all game.

They left assuming they had won only for DC to hit 3 off the final out

Just by chance we stumbled into the St Louis fans still celebrating the win in a nearby bar - whoops.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm not a fan of us sports in general and baseball is by some distance the most tedious of the lot. I get that it's probably better if you've played the game . Also as a fan of test cricket i'm on shaky ground complaining about lack of action in other sports. Still after being forced to sit through 3 hours of an actual game i'd rather watch the proposed tv brexit debates than waste my time on another trip to the ballpark

Mate, you're missing out

Reading today's Times, our very own Joffra Archer has developed a delivery based on a baseball pitch (sinker) and is going to do great things.

Please try to watch a ballgame, with an open mind and a cricket/baseball fan. You won't regret it. It is a fabulously tactical contest.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
He has no understanding of, or interest in, football (despite my best efforts) so I'm pretty safe.

He asked me last season whether we'd been relegated from the FA Cup. :nono:

I think we got some points in that competition if i remember rightly

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Watched Mets v Miami Marlins beginning of October, tickets were $26.50 each for this view. 0-0 end of 9th innings, Mets won game 1-0 in 13th innings
c97aa2fbbaab190d495038d4c78d141c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
This is a real disappointment. Bring MLB here, then freeze out supporters with ludicrous prices. The game’s bound to get established here.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I pre registered but don't appear to have got an invite - I forget now (as it was ages ago) but was it a ballot ?
Bit annoying as I missed out on Test Match tickets too
Hey ho . . .

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I pre registered but don't appear to have got an invite - I forget now (as it was ages ago) but was it a ballot ?
Bit annoying as I missed out on Test Match tickets too
Hey ho . . .

Mine went to junk mail so may be worth checking there.

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
Got my tickets today.it was an absolute nightmare!!! 15 mins late on sale and then you had a real lottery to what seats you got.
One of the main reasons ticket prices were so high was because so many people pre registered for tickets someone on twitter claims over 400,000 people applied.
MLB is very popular across the whole of europe.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
We casually arranged with a couple of friends ages ago to go to this - but on seeing the prices we haven't bothered. Way too expensive for 2 families of 4....I like baseball & would love to go. But not that much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here