Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit – what will happen?

Brexit – what will happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Can't see her deal being voted through, but there's no majority in Parliament for No Deal. Doubt the EU will offer anything else so a GE or a fresh referendum, which Remain will win is my vote

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I can't see May getting her plan through - she might as well try and move the planet a few inches ( NOT centimetres ! ) to the right - she'd have more success. There's also not enough time for any of the other options.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Remain favoured as by 81% of Albion fans

Though, last one most likely with EEA / EFTA Norway style deal.

There is a majority in parliament for this, though Brexdreamists will hate it

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can't see her deal being voted through, but there's no majority in Parliament for No Deal. Doubt the EU will offer anything else so a GE or a fresh referendum, which Remain will win is my vote

We can but hope.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
May won't get her deal through, it will be a humiliating defeat (by around 200 votes) and she will walk away just as Cameron did. The Tories will be in turmoil, but the likes of Johnson, etc will just shout 'Will of the People' and let the UK crash out with no deal.

The country will then be falling from the cliff edge and set for decades of being far poorer than if we had stayed within the EU.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It'll get worse before it gets better.

With no action, *no deal* is the default and the clock is ticking down.

If the Government digs in then *no deal* happens, unless 2/3rds of MPs collapse Parliament, or a leader comes forward to pull together a cross party Government after a successful no confidence vote.

All the while the countdown keeps going.

On balance I think we are beaten by the clock and it'll be *no deal*.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Gone for May doesn’t get plan through, leadership contest or General Election – another referendum, however I wouldn't be surprised if its any of the others apart from 'no deal', no one wants this.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Unlikely to get deal through. Few in Parliament know what will be result of accepting deal let alone on NSC. I`m in favour of May deal to get things done and dusted but if voted down I`d be happy to crash out with no deal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gone for May doesn’t get plan through, leadership contest or General Election – another referendum, however I wouldn't be surprised if its any of the others apart from 'no deal', no one wants this.
The 55 Tufton Street gang want it.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
It all goes well and we live happily ever after..... apart from a few Remainers who continue to spend their lives protesting in London.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
May doesn’t get plan through, other - EFTA

i was mocked for suggesting this some time ago. i honestly have no idea what will happen, could go til March to be clear. funny old game.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Whatever the outcome, it’s been handled absolutely appallingly by pretty much everyone involved. Which is EXACTLY what you expect given the utter ****ing ineptitude of those vested-interest wankers making the calls.

Are there actually any politicians left with the common sense and common decency the role requires?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It'll get worse before it gets better.

With no action, *no deal* is the default and the clock is ticking down.

If the Government digs in then *no deal* happens, unless 2/3rds of MPs collapse Parliament, or a leader comes forward to pull together a cross party Government after a successful no confidence vote.

All the while the countdown keeps going.

On balance I think we are beaten by the clock and it'll be *no deal*.

That's possible, though I think in that case we'll just be joining EFTA soon enough afterwards as no deal won't be sustainable. If it happened that way round it would totally fulfill the referendum result too and enact the 'will of the people' in it's purest form and expose no deal for the folly it is, as well as it's advocates for what they really are.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
I know I shall be crucified for this but I for hope we leave by whatever means because if God forbid we stay we can as sure as shit is shit the POUND WILL BECOME HISTORY. And I for one will be bloody angry, it has been the yardstick of other currencies strength for centuries and to go would be unforgivable.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
It all goes well and we live happily ever after..... apart from a few Remainers who continue to spend their lives protesting in London.

Seems highly unlikely, but at least that’s the story the gov will be able to spin, despite businesses likely reporting stunted growth etc.

I suspect it’ll be a bit of a damp squib and we’ll be considerably poorer off as a nation for quite some time. Staunch remainers can feel vindicated and point out wcery fifteen minutes that we got what we deserve. And Brexiteers can finally make their own decisions on the colour of fire extinguishers, and other such freedoms that have been wickedly withheld from us for so long. THANK GOD WE CAN HAVE BEIGE COLOURED FOAM EXTINGUISHERS AGAIN!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's possible, though I think in that case we'll just be joining EFTA soon enough afterwards as no deal won't be sustainable. If it happened that way round it would totally fulfill the referendum result too and enact the 'will of the people' in it's purest form and expose no deal for the folly it is, as well as it's advocates for what they really are.
Maybe that was what was meant by needing to feel the pain ? ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here