Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Sofa Bed -Any Suggestions

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I got a futon company one. Probably mid-price rather than low, but I’m very happy with it. Very comfortable indeed to sleep on.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I got a couple of inexpensive leather ones from Tesco 8 or 9 years ago, and they're still going well. Much better than the 'leather' crap I got from the extremely shit Furniture Village.

Oops, just noticed that Tesco Direct is no more, so that rules them out.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I did a lot of research on this as I live in a studio flat and my studio doubles as a living room and bedroom therefore I wanted something stylish as well as comfortable.

Essentially there are two types of sofa bed. The most common one is what I would call a camp-type bed which consists of a metal frame that supports the mattress and is meant for occasional use such as putting up house guests etc.

The other type which is what I bought from Next is a more solid divan style sofa bed which still pulls out from the sofa to make a solid bed. When I bought it last September it was £799 less 10% discount for spending over £150 (I think from memory).

At the moment it's £850 but knocks spots off most of the other sofa beds I looked at which were double the price.

https://www.next.co.uk/homeware/sofas-chairs/quentin

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I got a sofa bed from here a couple of years ago: https://www.nabru.co.uk/

It's a bit pricey but they come in separate pieces which is exactly what I needed. Trying to get a sofa bed up a couple of flights of stairs in to a flat in central Brighton was a nightmare.

Me and my girlfriend went with nabru when we moved to our flat in Hove. Impossible to get any normal sofa up the stairs.

We were pretty happy for something you effectively build yourself. Not sure I’d go with them again unless I had to.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Make sure nobody is lying on it when you fold it up.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Unlike Triggaar, bought a really nice fabric covered, single sofa bed from Furniture Village about 5 years ago. Still looks great, opens and closes nicely and no complaints from sleepers. Comfy as a chair too.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Any suggestions from the learned NSC faithful for a tried and tested low cost sofa bed? Nothing fancy but relatively easy to convert to bed and vice versa.

many thanks

TNBA

TTF

Don't get one with a thin mattress, as after a while it will not be comfortable, dont get a futon, to hard, Get one that folds away into the chair.

I bought this 2 weeks ago @ £50 as the mattress was much thicker than the others I have seen.

Have a look on facebook marketplace loads on there. Nearby too. mat3.jpgmat.jpg mat2.jpg

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here