Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Syrian refugee attacked at Huddersfield school

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Deeply disturbing. What’s gone wrong with kids today. Yes bullying has always existed but not to this severity, breaking arms and water boarding? WTF!!

Really....

The classic “kids of today bollox”
Feck me the fecking Romans complained about kids today....

So in the late 80s when I got chased and beaten with a baseball bat, that was not a patch on this, far worse has and will happen.....

Bullies be bullies, they have and will always exist, living in denial that this goes on and has gone on a daily basis to people regardless of their race or religion is just stupid....

It’s a daily occurrence, don’t make it right, as I said bullies be bullies, humans are inherently selfish and look for weakness in others, it’s how we control that and move on in evolution, but shocked come on.....

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Two sides to every story.

You're right. And the other side COULD be that this kiddie has fled his war-torn and destroyed country to try and make a better life for himself. But unfortunately, he finds himself in a place that – despite thinking he might be better off there – is faced with dealing with people who seemed intent on hurting him and trying to make his life as difficult as possible and is maybe wondering what was the point of it all? Maybe he was thinking this while he was in A&E getting his arm fixed that had been broken as part of a calculated and sustained bullying regime by other children in the school who have been brought up to hate 'foreigners'.

But possibly not – [MENTION=6026]Withdean11[/MENTION] suggests he knows what Jamal 'has been up to', so I'm sure the record will be put straight soon enough. :shrug:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So being a refugee makes it worse and makes news despite this stuff going on everywhere in schools ?

Yes, if he was picked on BECAUSE he was a refugee.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
the hard right .....really ...??? ffs what all 5 or 6 of them ...!! the family in question are a bunch of wrong'uns .....not sure what the syrian kid is supposed to have done but i can remember back in the 70's and 80's when migrant kids were continuously given grief by idiots......and that's the common denominator here .....idiots , not brexit and not the hard right.

Got feck all to do with brexit, unless you voted remain and are still bitter

Far too easy to dismiss it. Most people would accept that Populism contributed to the BREXIT vote, and that part of populism is racism.

And no, that does not mean that all Brexiters are populists and racist.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Apparrently he threatened the big lad with a knife and also attacked a school girl who now had to be schooled at home.
The big lad called him out and what you see is the result of this

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or

Don't be indoctrinated into thinking racism is 'ok' by family, friends, the media, political leaders, social media.

As has been said already, this kid wasn't born a racist, but he's likely to pay a high price on behalf of a lot of other racists who'll still be racist tomorrow and still be influencing x amount of other teenagers.

I hear what you’re saying but how thick do you need to be to

1) think the sustained mental and physical abuse towards this boy is acceptable.
2) in a world of mobile phones and social media, which his generation understand far more than us, think this cannot get out into the wider world?

A high price maybe, and he can’t change the past but he can change his future. It’s entirely up to him now.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Apparrently he threatened the big lad with a knife and also attacked a school girl who now had to be schooled at home.
The big lad called him out and what you see is the result of this

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

So where is this information coming from?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The worry for me is that I doubt this is an isolated incident. This is probably happening up and down this country. This level of bullying is going to leave him isolated and alone; resenting the country he know resides in. A mixture which would potentially leave someone a prime target for radicalisation.

If the country you live in is full of people tormenting you and making your life hell, and then this other faction comes along, puts an arm around you and makes you feel included/wanted then you’re going to be incredibly easy to brainwash. In the same way a weak, vulnerable American child might result to mowing down his tormentors with an AK47, we could soon be faced with weak, vulnerable immigrants being pushed down a road of terrorism.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
All these people donating money makes me laugh as I bet they don’t give to refugee charities otherwise.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Bloke called Dave from romford said it on facebook and hes not you’re loony leftist MSM and i believe him rather than a toby as why would he make it up

Regards
DR

Well if Dave in Romford said it on FB said it, whats more to add. Im certain he must have his finger on the pulse regarding the activities occurring within the schools of Huddersfield.
You take being a ****wit really seriously dont you.

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

1) think the sustained mental and physical abuse towards this boy is acceptable.
2) in a world of mobile phones and social media, which his generation understand far more than us, think this cannot get out into the wider world?

A high price maybe, and he can’t change the past but he can change his future. It’s entirely up to him now.

Point 1 - Nobody has said or implied that it's acceptable. If that's what you've interpreted on this thread where most people are just trying to add a bit of balance to the social media witch hunt it's no wonder you get so aggy!
All I've seen is people question whether the level of coverage is in proportion to the crime, and question whether it's morally right to pick out one case to donate a vast amount of money to when that money might be much better spent in tackling the wider issue.
Point 2 - He's clearly not thought of or understood the consequences, if the family really are as feral as they've been made out it's possible that he just doesn't care. Everyone is a product of their environment. IMHO even a racist bully should be afforded some level of empathy at the age of 15, he's just the victim of poor parenting and/or poverty.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

***STOP PRESS***

1 - People are thick.
2 - CHILDREN are even thickerer

[tweet]1067723096017289216[/tweet]

If you think you can bully this child liberal, I respectfully refer you back to point 1.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Well if Dave in Romford said it on FB said it, whats more to add. Im certain he must have his finger on the pulse regarding the activities occurring within the schools of Huddersfield.
You take being a ****wit really seriously dont you.

Dave in Romford is a diamond geezer, and knows what's what
Screenshot 2018-11-29 at 08.37.40.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here