Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Syrian refugee attacked at Huddersfield school

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think the more interesting aspect of this is that it's FB who's being sued (as well as SYL), As far as I'm aware, this is the first time that FB itself has been sued for defamation in the UK. I know Martin Lewis sued them for allowing false ads but I can't recall a defamation case.

There will be huge legal consequences for FB if this suit succeeds as I'm not sure how the company would be able to monitor millions of posts every day. I'm sure FB will argue this vehemently (and the fact they took down the offending posts quickly will stand in their favour) but it's going to be an interesting debate.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
****sake .....look at the name of the law firm and the suing partner ......for goodness sake , not happy to crowd fund to help the family , now crowd funding to pay for legal fees to lawyers to sue robinson and Facebook .......ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .....**** me dead , wheres that dead donkey , i really need to **** it.......

Uk OK hun? xx

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think the more interesting aspect of this is that it's FB who's being sued (as well as SYL), As far as I'm aware, this is the first time that FB itself has been sued for defamation in the UK. I know Martin Lewis sued them for allowing false ads but I can't recall a defamation case.

There will be huge legal consequences for FB if this suit succeeds as I'm not sure how the company would be able to monitor millions of posts every day. I'm sure FB will argue this vehemently (and the fact they took down the offending posts quickly will stand in their favour) but it's going to be an interesting debate.

Ins't the complaint against FB not just the nature of the posts, but more specifically because they 'allowed' him to use that platform for fundraising?

Mr Robinson’s Facebook page has more than 1 million followers and his posts on the Huddersfield incident were viewed up to 900,000 times each.

The page had a “donate” button to transfer him money at the time, but it was removed amid concern that a tool the social media giant says is for charities was abused.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It’s interesting how social media legislation is slowly taking shape. There’s some cases brought against “Influencers” who were posting stuff about that Fyre Festival in return for freebies at the festival. The festival turned out to be a huge fraud and some influencers are being pursued about their involvement. The main issue seems to be they can advertise things for financial gain without doing any due-diligence on the product and without any punitive action.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What is the point you are trying to make [MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION] ?

That Muslims shouldn't be allowed to practice law?
That it is somehow abnormal for victims of wrongdoing to want to deal with a lawyer that speaks their first language?
That Muslim lawyers are trouble-makers?

Really - please do spell out for us what you're trying to say.
all about the money , all about the money .......the kid who put the video on fb should be the one getting sued surely but they are obviously not as hefty a financial target , the lad was reportedly disciplined for physically assaulting other pupils himself ....?? what exactly is the basis of this 'defamation" suit....?? i am genuinely interested.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
****sake .....look at the name of the law firm and the suing partner ......for goodness sake.

What is the point you are trying to make [MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION] ?

That Muslims shouldn't be allowed to practice law?
That it is somehow abnormal for victims of wrongdoing to want to deal with a lawyer that speaks their first language?
That Muslim lawyers are trouble-makers?

Really - please do spell out for us what you're trying to say.

all about the money , all about the money .......the kid who put the video on fb should be the one getting sued surely but they are obviously not as hefty a financial target , the lad was reportedly disciplined for physically assaulting other pupils himself ....?? what exactly is the basis of this 'defamation" suit....?? i am genuinely interested.

Not going to try to clarify what your meant by the quote above, then?

Guess i’ll Just take it at face value, that you’re simply a racist prick.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Tommy Robinson suggested, wrongly, that the boy had been involved in attacks on other pupils.

You seem to be following in his footsteps.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

What the **** are you on about? Granted you have a track record for ignoring the facts re: Tommy Robinson but why on earth should this kid and his family allow that scum to broadcast lies to his 100s of thousands of followers?
Are you telling me if that was your kid you'd just let it go?
I assume by 'the lad was reportedly disciplined for physically assaulting other pupils himself' you mean the Syrian boy? Got any evidence for that or are you just joining in the online bullying of a 15 year old lad?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Not going to try to clarify what your meant by the quote above, then?

Guess i’ll Just take it at face value, that you’re simply a racist prick.

exactly what i meant was that the muslim brotherhood have banded together to "take on " robinson and Facebook , not content to be offered safe haven , schooling , housing , medical treatment they are now pursuing a meaningful financial gain from the whole sorry episode ......whatever happened to the husband and wife whose " lives have been turned upside down " after the dawn raid related to the drone debacle .......refugees adapting lightning fast to the "where theres blame theres a claim " mentality.

not even going to rise to the racist remark ......you know nothing about me .......you absolute ****ing NORK....!!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Tommy Robinson suggested, wrongly, that the boy had been involved in attacks on other pupils.

You seem to be following in his footsteps.

that scenario was put forward by other people in the locality of Huddersfield who's children attend the school ......clearly now there is a defamation case involved that has been seriously questioned , so will we now have a court case to ascertain the facts ? looks like it...!! ..........if only lawyers were so keen to seek compensation for the child victims of other crimes , crimes that were swept under the carpet for years by the establishment/authorities.....?? ho hum .

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What the **** are you on about? Granted you have a track record for ignoring the facts re: Tommy Robinson but why on earth should this kid and his family allow that scum to broadcast lies to his 100s of thousands of followers?
Are you telling me if that was your kid you'd just let it go?
I assume by 'the lad was reportedly disciplined for physically assaulting other pupils himself' you mean the Syrian boy? Got any evidence for that or are you just joining in the online bullying of a 15 year old lad?

if it was my kid it would have been dealt with in another manor ......kids bully each other , we had our school minibus attacked in East London 35 years ago ....is it too late to sue for compensation ...?? i was traumatised .......online bullying ...?? really not my scene mate , ill leave that to other , more qualified individuals......this is a chat room and chat shall be had. you might be happy to troll the internet looking for dirt on robinson , i have a reasonably full life and really only come on here to get first hand news on our wonderful club and wind the melts up .....cheers ..x

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
if it was my kid it would have been dealt with in another manor ......kids bully each other , we had our school minibus attacked in East London 35 years ago ....is it too late to sue for compensation ...?? i was traumatised .......online bullying ...?? really not my scene mate , ill leave that to other , more qualified individuals......this is a chat room and chat shall be had. you might be happy to troll the internet looking for dirt on robinson , i have a reasonably full life and really only come on here to get first hand news on our wonderful club and wind the melts up .....cheers ..x

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/grammar/british-grammar/writing/punctuation

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Nah. "Genuinely interested" is a barefaced lie.
As HKFC suggests, you're demonstrably a racist prick

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Nope. Didn't get any of that.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Nah. "Genuinely interested" is a barefaced lie.
As HKFC suggests, you're demonstrably a racist prick

nah mate .....like you've met me how many times ...?? you must be some sort of wizard.....i know what i am pal , plenty of India & African mates , a lot more than you and hkfc combined probably ....so like your mate ....bore off eh....??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here