Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Syrian refugee attacked at Huddersfield school

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And I'm saying that I've seen and experienced worse than that. As depressing as it sounds this kind of behaviour isn't uncommon, at least it wasn't when I was at school in the 90s. I'm just surprised by the level of coverage, and shock.

What point are you trying to make?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And I'm saying that I've seen and experienced worse than that. As depressing as it sounds this kind of behaviour isn't uncommon, at least it wasn't when I was at school in the 90s. I'm just surprised by the level of coverage, and shock.

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you when you tell us it was as bad in the 90’s. Bad things did happen. I knew of someone that was tarred and feathered for being mates with a black kiddie. That being the case, perhaps back then more of a fuss should have been made and maybe there wouldnt be so much of it around these days.
The “ I suffered it in silence so why shouldn’t everyone else” attitude should also be consigned the 20th century, it does nobody any favours.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It's readily found on social media and even mentioned previously in this thread.

Plenty of stuff flying about on social media about Jamal being involved in the beating of a young girl.

Whether its true or not I do not know, in fact nor do I care. The whole story is much ado about nothing and something that I'm sure goes on at schools up and down the country every single day. The only reason its made the national press is a sign of things to come when anyone with the slight hint of a suntun suffers a bit of misfortune it'll be blamed on brexit turning us all racist.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
When it's two kids involved, shouldn't there be some sort of restraint, and maybe view it as a chance for the kid to learn and grow rather than a 'come on everyone, pile in and let's teach him a thing or two about bullying, then lock him up and throw away the key'?

This, the bully becomes bullied, which could and probably will have a negative effect on him, with the condemnation of the world now wrapped around his neck. This kid is clearly from a family where he has learnt his behaviour, with correct approach he can unlearn it. Bulling is wrong, racism is wrong, most people are well aware of this, but some have never been taught that it is, some people have it drummed into them it’s not wrong, some people are subliminaly chipped away at, that it becomes second nature, some people witness violence within the family on a daily basis, some people are not blessed with open minds and thoughtful parents, those people are disadvantaged, yet at 16 most on here are prepared to write him off, give him a good kicking see how he likes it....

How do we know he does not already get one every night ?
How do we know the full story, is there more to it ?

He may well go on to be a wrong un, he may not if given a chance.

He’s 16 and fecked up, and social media is chewing him up, and judging him to be thrown to the wolves.

How many of us back in the day before social media, mobile camera phones, have done or said something we are ashamed off, I know I have, something about this story is bothering me about everyone clamouring to serve out justice....

Justice for both parties is understand, an honest apology, and help.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This, the bully becomes bullied, which could and probably will have a negative effect on him, with the condemnation of the world now wrapped around his neck. This kid is clearly from a family where he has learnt his behaviour, with correct approach he can unlearn it. Bulling is wrong, racism is wrong, most people are well aware of this, but some have never been taught that it is, some people have it drummed into them it’s not wrong, some people are subliminaly chipped away at, that it becomes second nature, some people witness violence within the family on a daily basis, some people are not blessed with open minds and thoughtful parents, those people are disadvantaged, yet at 16 most on here are prepared to write him off, give him a good kicking see how he likes it....

How do we know he does not already get one every night ?

He may well go on to be a wrong un, he may not if given a chance.

He’s 16 and fecked up, and social media is chewing him up, and judging him to be thrown to the wolves.

How many of us back in the day before social media, mobile camera phones, have done or said something we are ashamed off, I know I have, something about this story is bothering me about everyone clamouring to serve out justice....

Justice for both parties is understand, an honest apology, and help.

You’re right....hope they don’t send a black social worker round to his house though.........

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess the moral of the story is don’t be a racist bully?
Or

Don't be indoctrinated into thinking racism is 'ok' by family, friends, the media, political leaders, social media.

As has been said already, this kid wasn't born a racist, but he's likely to pay a high price on behalf of a lot of other racists who'll still be racist tomorrow and still be influencing x amount of other teenagers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I probably should've done but it's a typically patronising tone from [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION]. Her post isn't designed to help me find the source of the "readily available" information, just to point out how stupid I am for not already knowing.

That's the way you read it, not the way it was meant.
Typically patronising eh?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Quite. People will feel very silly defending him and donating money to him when they learn just what Jamal has been up to. But hey, any excuse to shout racist and have a pop at TR.

Ahh poor little Tommy. What's Jamal been up to then, enlighten us?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Deeply disturbing. What’s gone wrong with kids today. Yes bullying has always existed but not to this severity, breaking arms and water boarding? WTF! The entire family sounds like it needs sectioning, split up permanently and the kids recondition if it’s not too late already. As for their victim, bloody hell. How can we be called civilised, a safe haven with that happening in our schools. Children in this country are completely out of control, I see it daily. When can we try short sharp shock treatments again because the softly softly approach for past 30 years has fuelled the rise in violence. Police called to a local school near me on a near daily basis. We used to get a visit once a year if that during a school assembly!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Brexit Britain unfortunately. These racist gonks have always been around but they feel emboldened. You can see it everywhere. It has even manifested itself on this board. The hard right are certainly more vocal on here in the past two years. It needs constant policing and constant slapping down/calling out. Stay strong for sanity will prevail, even if it doesn't seem like it at times. Unfortunately, this time they have done some damage that is going to take generations to fix.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Brexit Britain unfortunately. These racist gonks have always been around but they feel emboldened. You can see it everywhere. It has even manifested itself on this board. The hard right are certainly more vocal on here in the past two years. It needs constant policing and constant slapping down/calling out. Stay strong for sanity will prevail, even if it doesn't seem like it at times. Unfortunately, this time they have done some damage that is going to take generations to fix.

the hard right .....really ...??? ffs what all 5 or 6 of them ...!! the family in question are a bunch of wrong'uns .....not sure what the syrian kid is supposed to have done but i can remember back in the 70's and 80's when migrant kids were continuously given grief by idiots......and that's the common denominator here .....idiots , not brexit and not the hard right.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
the hard right .....really ...??? ffs what all 5 or 6 of them ...!! the family in question are a bunch of wrong'uns .....not sure what the syrian kid is supposed to have done but i can remember back in the 70's and 80's when migrant kids were continuously given grief by idiots......and that's the common denominator here .....idiots , not brexit and not the hard right.

Got feck all to do with brexit, unless you voted remain and are still bitter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here