Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Syrian refugee attacked at Huddersfield school

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

liverpool_one

Feb 12, 2004
Liverpool, United Kingdom
You lot still persecuting the victim I see. Charming.

A victim? maybe, but there are two sides to every story, why did it take nearly 5 weeks for this to come out, the school had dealt with it then the families solicitor release the edited video and set up the go fund me or whatever it is.
A video was doing the rounds yesterday of a white schoolgirl being grabbed by the throat threatened and water thrown over her, where is the media outcry, you can't even find the video online anymore.
very convenient.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A victim? maybe, but there are two sides to every story, why did it take nearly 5 weeks for this to come out, the school had dealt with it then the families solicitor release the edited video and set up the go fund me or whatever it is.
A video was doing the rounds yesterday of a white schoolgirl being grabbed by the throat threatened and water thrown over her, where is the media outcry, you can't even find the video online anymore.
very convenient.

When you get it wrong, you really get it wrong. The Syrian kid only might be a victim...?

Sure - you acknowledge all kinds of bullying, but you just can't bring yourself to acknowledge it when there is racist bullying. Resorting to meaningless 'whataboutery' to justify your grubby agenda, it's pretty evident that this is far too inconvenient for you to comprehend.

liverpool_one

Feb 12, 2004
Liverpool, United Kingdom
When you get it wrong, you really get it wrong. The kid only might be a victim...?

Sure - you acknowledge all kinds of bullying, but you just can't bring yourself to acknowledge it when there is racist bullying. Resorting to meaningless 'whataboutery' to justify your grubby agenda, it's pretty evident that this is far too inconvenient for you to comprehend.
Or was it payback for an earlier altercation? boys will be boys.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
god this subject (racism) is just so one sided......where's the outcry about the 9 year old white lad who hung himself after being targeted by asian kids at school ....9 years old , for **** sake , doesn't fit an agenda...??

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Or was it payback for an earlier altercation? boys will be boys.

Well, when you have the first-hand, peer-tested evidence that a boy with a broken arm bullied a hitherto known racist who was almost twice his size enough that you feel this is some kind of natural justice, let us know.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, you can fabricate potential faux-scenarios to justify your ambivalence to the evidence if you wish, but as a general rule, decent society would tend to keep that to themselves.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I give up, i just hope sooner or later the full story comes out.

With absolutely no evidence, you have convinced yourself that the victim is in some way culpable. Choosing to believe the Tommy Robinson-acolyte version of events - something you have admitted you want to be true - is your best hope of convincing yourself that you want to be right, and that racist bullying doesn't exist.

You're right on one score. You are best off giving up.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
With absolutely no evidence, you have convinced yourself that the victim is in some way culpable. Choosing to believe the Tommy Robinson-acolyte version of events - something you have admitted you want to be true - is your best hope of convincing yourself that you want to be right, and that racist bullying doesn't exist.

You're right on one score. You are best off giving up.

They are clutching at photos of the victim posing for photos as evidence he deserved a kicking.

Idiots.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
god this subject (racism) is just so one sided......where's the outcry about the 9 year old white lad who hung himself after being targeted by asian kids at school ....9 years old , for **** sake , doesn't fit an agenda...??

If you are talking about Aaron Dugmore, It was 5 years ago and was massive outcry

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s truly depressing that there are still people with Liverpool one’s attitude out there. When I was at school in the 80’s the accepted attitude from teachers and parents alike to bullying was encapsulated in various phrases such as:

Well you must have done something to annoy them.
Two sides to every story.
Takes two to tango.
Just ignore them.
Don’t rise to it.
Stand up for yourself.
People can only bully you if you let them.

Then moving from state school to boarding school bullying was encouraged and used as a legitimised tool to force pupils to “man up”. Any complaint about such things was met with being shouted at by Masters and being told to stop bothering them with “telling tales”. Madness.
It’s 38 years later and people still spout this crap. Why? What is behind the failure to acknowledge, let alone act on this problem? Cowardice? Laziness? Lack of empathy? Were they bullied at school and feel others should put up with it too? Do they think the kid deserved it?

Mix in a racist motive and the right wing get very defensive. Why? Do they quietly think they deserved it because they are foreign. Is there a reluctance to own up to their own deeply held racism? Whatever it is it must be hardwired because as in some posts on this board, despite protestations, they cannot help but give away their racist views. It seeps out of them.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s truly depressing that there are still people with Liverpool one’s attitude out there. When I was at school in the 80’s the accepted attitude from teachers and parents alike to bullying was encapsulated in various phrases such as:

Well you must have done something to annoy them.
Two sides to every story.
Takes two to tango.
Just ignore them.
Don’t rise to it.
Stand up for yourself.
People can only bully you if you let them.

Then moving from state school to boarding school bullying was encouraged and used as a legitimised tool to force pupils to “man up”. Any complaint about such things was met with being shouted at by Masters and being told to stop bothering them with “telling tales”. Madness.
It’s 38 years later and people still spout this crap. Why? What is behind the failure to acknowledge, let alone act on this problem? Cowardice? Laziness? Lack of empathy? Were they bullied at school and feel others should put up with it too? Do they think the kid deserved it?

I know quite a few people who were bullied at both state and independent schools, who remain mentally scarred for life. Many have made successes of their life, but they have horrible memories of school. Unfortunately it is still a massive problem, for example in the Brighton area alone, I’m aware of pretty nasty stuff again in both sectors. Some school management teams talk the talk, they may at heart have good intentions, but they do not have the commitment or balls to come down hard on the bullies. Innocent young lives are being shaped by this.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I know quite a few people who were bullied at both state and independent schools, who remain mentally scarred for life. Many have made successes of their life, but they have horrible memories of school. Unfortunately it is still a massive problem, for example in the Brighton area alone, I’m aware of pretty nasty stuff again in both sectors. Some school management teams talk the talk, they may at heart have good intentions, but they do not have the commitment or balls to come down hard on the bullies. Innocent young lives are being shaped by this.

Exactly. Then pushed out into the world to figure it all out by themselves. One Sunday returning to the bording house after a visit home I was particularly homesick so wrote a letter home thanking my folks for a good weekend etc and popped it in the POST tray outside the housemaster’s office.
Next morning (Monday) at breakfast the housemaster rang the bell to stop talking and held my letter up. Pointing me out he told the whole dining hall that proper young men do not write letters home a mere two hours after seeing them, how would I get on in the adult world if I can’t stand two hours without contact with my parents? He then ripped it up and stuffed it into the waste food bucket.
I was 9 years old. A grown man bullying a 9 year old. If that’s the teacher’s attitude what hope do we have of sorting bullying out in children?!

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here