Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Syrian refugee attacked at Huddersfield school

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm not sure the problem is Tommy Robinson followers. There have been a couple of instances in this thread where people have made facetious comments about TR, sarcastically commenting about his reliability, and people have jumped on those posters as if they are seriously holding him up as a legitimate source of news. It seems to be the anti-TR people that are having more of a problem in the latter posts in this thread.

See post 139.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Why is he getting £150k ????

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

People see a kid who's had to leave everything behind due to war, so has very little. His family found somewhere they thought they could settle in peace only to find ignorant kids at school attacking him.
They want to help.
Have you ever wanted to help someone who lost everything? If so, you'd know.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But this feeds the racists, “oh look down the road kids got abused for years and there’s no crowd funding for victims of rape, but this poor kids got £150k in three days” that will be the line, that’s what racists will use as an excuse to perpetuate this, and like it or not that will resonate with people. As I just posted I hope some of the money raised goes towards an anti bullying charity or an event to bring some people together.

I think that’s a fair point. This will feed the anger and resentment amongst the racist masses.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It might help to understand why you're taking a beating.

Would it?

Unrelated to this discussion, someone told me yesterday how they’d been beaten viciously from day one whilst at a well known independent school. The first an unexpected punch to gut that left them doubled up in agony, from an older boy. Went on for three years until that older cohort left.

Pain is pain. Getting to find out what’s going through the tiny brain of the bully will provide no solace,

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Must say there a few rather unpleasant people on this thread, they must live very sad lives

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Would it?

Unrelated to this discussion, someone told me yesterday how they’d been beaten viciously from day one whilst at a well known independent school. The first an unexpected punch to gut that left them doubled up in agony, from an older boy. Went on for three years until that older cohort left.

Pain is pain. Getting to find out what’s going through the tiny brain of the bully will provide no solace,

Fair comment.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
See post 139.

And? You seem to be missing my point. You've pointed me to a post that is clarifying Tommy Robinson is wrong. I'm not disputing he is wrong. I am pointing out that most of the mentions of Tommy Robinson are sarcastic posts. They are not actually saying TR is a reliable source of news. They are using sarcasm to point out how unreliable he is. Most of the people responding to those posts on here seem to be missing the sarcasm and jumping on the person who posted what should be obviously a joke. It has happened at least twice on this thread. But you seemed to suggest in response to people missing this point that the problem is TR's followers. Not on this thread, it isn't. The problem on this thread is people so desperate to attack TR and his followers that they attack people who are actually making fun of him.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The Syrian family are now looking to leave Huddersfield. Completely understandable, but what a shame that must do that to feel safe.

Its a shame as Huddersfield is a nice place to live, generally. I can understand why they want to go.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
And? You seem to be missing my point. You've pointed me to a post that is clarifying Tommy Robinson is wrong. I'm not disputing he is wrong. I am pointing out that most of the mentions of Tommy Robinson are sarcastic posts. They are not actually saying TR is a reliable source of news. They are using sarcasm to point out how unreliable he is. Most of the people responding to those posts on here seem to be missing the sarcasm and jumping on the person who posted what should be obviously a joke. It has happened at least twice on this thread. But you seemed to suggest in response to people missing this point that the problem is TR's followers. Not on this thread, it isn't. The problem on this thread is people so desperate to attack TR and his followers that they attack people who are actually making fun of him.

You're right. I missed the point. I'm actually watching I'm a Celeb with half an eye on my IPad.

UTT

Jun 27, 2017
Funny that this largely mirrors our own split opinion of the story.

We really do have a national mixed bag of opinions which I've got to believe is a good thing.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Double standards on this board as the TR thread about him joining UKIP was put on to Other Stuff but this thread is still on the main board
Thus isn't exactly a football thread is it ???

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 22389

Double standards on this board as the TR thread about him joining UKIP was put on to Other Stuff but this thread is still on the main board
Thus isn't exactly a football thread is it ???

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Correct, and yes this should be put on other stuff.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here