Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Syrian refugee attacked at Huddersfield school

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Islamophobia isn't racist; it's religious prejudice/hatred/intolerance, but not racist - Islam isn't a race.

N.B. Before anybody goes off on one, I am not in favour of Islamophobia, or defending it, just pointing out a misuse of words. Pedantic, maybe, but that doesn't bother me! :)

Fair enough. Catachresis might also be a suitable word!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This whole situation is going to be a big embarrassment to Huddersfield as a town. There are going to be people suffering, and they are going to need the spiritual lift that only a big football win can give a town. I think it's only fair that we are magnanimous enough tomorrow to show up and let them have the spirit lifter of a resounding win.

Now that's just silly.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Bullying was rife at my comprehensive school. I think a lot of people so horrified by this have no experience of a tough school. Obviously this is awful & the poor kid being bullied must have been terrified. Racism is totally wrong & no reasonable person thinks otherwise. In my day we didn't have the diversity we have now so the fat or ginger kids got picked on as well as the black kids. That wasn't right either but kids can be horrible, they pick on anyone different. What he went through in Syria makes this worse but I doubt the bully thought about his actions that much. In an ideal world all bullying particularly against Syrian kids will stop because of this but sadly that very doubtful.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Strange posts on this thread. Someone has filmed an attack on a foreigner (with a broken arm) and the attacker has been drooling over racist web pages.....what's not to dislike?

If I were a mod I'd simply ban all the apologists for this. Whatboutery. 'Three yorkshireman'ery. ****ing weirdos. Do one. No, do two.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Strange posts on this thread. Someone has filmed an attack on a foreigner (with a broken arm) and the attacker has been drooling over racist web pages.....what's not to dislike?

If I were a mod I'd simply ban all the apologists for this. Whatboutery. 'Three yorkshireman'ery. ****ing weirdos. Do one. No, do two.

I find it strange that they are really straining to prove this wasn’t a racist attack and pointing to totally unrelated things like PTSD.
It must be tricky for some on here:

“Hmm, I don’t like immigrants and so am fine with a Syrian being bullied but I was bullied and it was horrid , what a conundrum. I know I’ll type some stuff about PTSD “

Perfect

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I find it strange that they are really straining to prove this wasn’t a racist attack and pointing to totally unrelated things like PTSD.
It must be tricky for some on here:

“Hmm, I don’t like immigrants and so am fine with a Syrian being bullied but I was bullied and it was horrid , what a conundrum. I know I’ll type some stuff about PTSD “

Perfect

Weirdos?

Ahem.

Racists. They are though, aren't they though.

(that wasn't a question).

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Well if Dave in Romford said it on FB said it, whats more to add. Im certain he must have his finger on the pulse regarding the activities occurring within the schools of Huddersfield.
You take being a ****wit really seriously dont you.

**** me .......it's back....!!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
And the racists win :-(

Think you've been whooshed a little there mate. If this was a video of the Syrian lad beating up some white kid, Carlzeiss would be first on NSC with it. In fact this thread didn't appear until a couple of days after this made the news. Again, if it had been the other way round, it would have been on here straight away and all the people trying their best to discredit the boy, the story, the seriousness would be going apoplectic. Not a single doubt about that.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
No, they're not his claims. He is repeating information given to him. But you knew that.

No, again. he asked the question.

To me, i don't think Jamal is. But the person he is with (not sure who that is, someone has said it's his brother) certainly seems to be using the salute.

This is ****ing pathetic. How old are you?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I’ve only just seen this video and it’s horrible, cowardly scum bags who can only operate in packs.

The young immigrant shows real restraint to walk away, although he didn’t have much choice I guess.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Agreed. Interesting aside from people who seem to want to make it a competition about how much they were bullied!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've had much worse multiple times at school.
Can I have £100k?

Strange thing to say. You'd have thought that as a recipient of bullying you'd have a bit of empathy, especially for a kid who has fled his home turned into a dangerous horrific war zone. What has people donating got to do with it?

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough

Come on - "ban", "ignore", "do one" - do you want to pretend the world is only full of people who share your views? It is a classic of the modern, social media world that we cannot tolerate anyone with a different view, leading to even greater polarisation. I would guess that very few people who write on this forum would be genuinely unpleasant or "evil" if you met them in the flesh - gosh, El Presidente even said that Das Reich is a nice chap in person.

So, Harry, it is up to us ex-HCGSB pupils to take a step back and see how we can accept that different views and values do not make people bad or worthy of rejection. May even help us grow.....

D

Deleted member 22389

Come on - "ban", "ignore", "do one" - do you want to pretend the world is only full of people who share your views? It is a classic of the modern, social media world that we cannot tolerate anyone with a different view, leading to even greater polarisation. I would guess that very few people who write on this forum would be genuinely unpleasant or "evil" if you met them in the flesh - gosh, El Presidente even said that Das Reich is a nice chap in person.

So, Harry, it is up to us ex-HCGSB pupils to take a step back and see how we can accept that different views and values do not make people bad or worthy of rejection. May even help us grow.....

:thumbsup:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Strange thing to say. You'd have thought that as a recipient of bullying you'd have a bit of empathy, especially for a kid who has fled his home turned into a dangerous horrific war zone. What has people donating got to do with it?

Speaking honestly and as weird as it may sound probably jealousy

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

In other words:

“Let me spout my bigoted, racist bullshit unchallenged under the banner of free speach” .You’re one of the biggest apologist cry babies on here.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
After being asked last night “do you speak English “ in a very are you a foreigner way last night this doesn’t surprise me at all sadly. I can only amagine what it must be like to live here as a foreign boy. If that is the way they treat southern visitors.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Think you've been whooshed a little there mate. If this was a video of the Syrian lad beating up some white kid, Carlzeiss would be first on NSC with it. In fact this thread didn't appear until a couple of days after this made the news. Again, if it had been the other way round, it would have been on here straight away and all the people trying their best to discredit the boy, the story, the seriousness would be going apoplectic. Not a single doubt about that.

Does this one count as a first ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-hate-crime-petition-met-police-a8662436.html

South Korean student says she was beaten up in racist attack on London’s Oxford Street while onlookers ‘filmed on phones’

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
In other words:

“Let me spout my bigoted, racist bullshit unchallenged under the banner of free speach” .You’re one of the biggest apologist cry babies on here.

And you in other words:

"If you see the world differently to me, I will harangue you and call you racist. If you persist I will insult you and belittle you". I am sure you are a programmed bot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here