Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Syrian refugee attacked at Huddersfield school

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
all about the money , all about the money .......the kid who put the video on fb should be the one getting sued surely but they are obviously not as hefty a financial target , the lad was reportedly disciplined for physically assaulting other pupils himself ....?? what exactly is the basis of this 'defamation" suit....?? i am genuinely interested.

If you are genuinely interested, it was said the Syrian boy had attacked a girl at school prior to his attack. Withing 24 hours the girl's mother said it wasn't him, but the allegation continued all over the internet, exacerbated by Yaxley-Lennon, which is why the family are suing him.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
If you are genuinely interested, it was said the Syrian boy had attacked a girl at school prior to his attack. Withing 24 hours the girl's mother said it wasn't him, but the allegation continued all over the internet, exacerbated by Yaxley-Lennon, which is why the family are suing him.

I admire your patience, but he really couldn't give a shit.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I admire your patience, but he really couldn't give a shit.

I know. I try to explain things but as you say, some are as deaf as they want to be.

Maybe, by taking him to court for defamation, he will go the way of Katy Hopkins who seems to have quietened down since she was bankrupted.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

thankyou for clearing that up ......i was unaware of the retraction so am now enlightened as to the defamation suit........what of the damage to the other youngsters over the last few years , repeatedly ignored and covered up by the establishment ....?? i'm asking you seeing as i know you are very level headed and factual rather than throwing the racist card about....i'm of the impression you had a career in law ( could be wrong again)is there any system in place for the victims of these crimes to claim compensation , criminal or otherwise...??

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I think the more interesting aspect of this is that it's FB who's being sued (as well as SYL), As far as I'm aware, this is the first time that FB itself has been sued for defamation in the UK. I know Martin Lewis sued them for allowing false ads but I can't recall a defamation case.

The Martin Lewis case has been settled out of court. Will certainly be interesting to see how far this one runs.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
thankyou for clearing that up ......i was unaware of the retraction so am now enlightened as to the defamation suit........what of the damage to the other youngsters over the last few years , repeatedly ignored and covered up by the establishment ....?? i'm asking you seeing as i know you are very level headed and factual rather than throwing the racist card about....i'm of the impression you had a career in law ( could be wrong again)is there any system in place for the victims of these crimes to claim compensation , criminal or otherwise...??

I wouldn't say I had a career as I was a civil servant in the Criminal Justice system, but you do get to learn things. Criminal compensation is only for victims of crime, so if the Huddersfield boy was convicted of assault, then a small amount for a broken arm could be paid out, but that was previous to the filmed assault, so I doubt he will be convicted unless there is very good evidence.

Defamation is a civil matter and the judge decides the level of compensation if proved, and awards costs.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I wouldn't say I had a career as I was a civil servant in the Criminal Justice system, but you do get to learn things. Criminal compensation is only for victims of crime, so if the Huddersfield boy was convicted of assault, then a small amount for a broken arm could be paid out, but that was previous to the filmed assault, so I doubt he will be convicted unless there is very good evidence.

Defamation is a civil matter and the judge decides the level of compensation if proved, and awards costs.

well no , i wasn't referring to the lad with the cast on , i was referring to the hundreds of young girls who were violated by the grooming gangs....is there any such vehicle , public or otherwise to facilitate compensation to them...??

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
well no , i wasn't referring to the lad with the cast on , i was referring to the hundreds of young girls who were violated by the grooming gangs....is there any such vehicle , public or otherwise to facilitate compensation to them...??

Yup.

But why only mention grooming gangs?

Bearing in mind those girls nearly had their case against these gangs destroyed by SYL, and also that these gangs are hardly the sole preserve of Asians, it's an odd thing for you to raise.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Taking whataboutism into a new dimension aren't you?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

Not entirely accurate. You've missed out some key points.

The girls mother had originally claimed that the Syrian boy was the one who had attacked her daughter. This was backed up by various other students and parents of the School. Then, after receiving many death and rape threats on Facebook, the mother turned on her claim. Other parents/students didn't.

Meanwhile, the young lad and his family have had to leave their home after receiving death threats and threats to rape his two 11 year old sisters (a threat made worse being in Huddersfield). They still have not been re-schooled.

Over what is nothing more than a playground incident that happens every day. No one stops to think of what happens when you paste his face, name and address all over the internet. That's leftist mob bullying for you. See Covington Catholic School.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

The girls mother had originally claimed that the Syrian boy was the one who had attacked her daughter. This was backed up by various other students and parents of the School. Then, after receiving many death and rape threats on Facebook, the mother turned on her claim. Other parents/students didn't.

Is this backed up by any facts?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Martin Lewis case has been settled out of court. Will certainly be interesting to see how far this one runs.

I suspect that FB will settle this out of court too. It would be good to see a few more individuals take action in this way as FB is treading on some very thin ice

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Meanwhile, the young lad and his family have had to leave their home after receiving death threats and threats to rape his two 11 year old sisters (a threat made worse being in Huddersfield). They still have not been re-schooled.

Over what is nothing more than a playground incident that happens every day. No one stops to think of what happens when you paste his face, name and address all over the internet. That's leftist mob bullying for you. See Covington Catholic School.

I'm sure you'll be happy to share with us how you know all this.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I suspect that FB will settle this out of court too. It would be good to see a few more individuals take action in this way as FB is treading on some very thin ice

By coincidence, BBC1 lunchtime news just reported that Martin Lewis had to throw in the towel, giving up on his action against FB unfortunately. He explained that there are no currently no suitable laws for his circumstances to pursue a case. Another win for the might of FB.

FB volunarily donated £3m to citzens advice bureaus at the same time.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thankfully there is someone out there doing the job that Journalists should be doing. Not just forwarding an agenda based on a 30 second clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlhax5akqf8

English laws - especially Contempt of Court laws - are just for everyone else, aren't they?

You do know that his behaviour nearly led to the trial of a grooming gang - only in court because the terrified girls were eventually persuaded to give evidence, despite their fears of retribution - collapsing. You then have to ask yourself - 'why did he do that?'

Is he genuinely ignorant of English law, or does he have a more sinister agenda; one which supports grooming gangs go free? Not one of his pitiful apologists to bigotry ever seems to be able to answer that.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Incidentally I see Yaxley Thomas was doing some mighty fine journalism a couple of days ago with a convicted armed kidnapper in tow. I'm sure he wasn't trying to intimidate anyone though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here