Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Syrian refugee attacked at Huddersfield school

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm sure it can be classified as 'locker room talk' or 'bantz' by some?

I heard that the fella named is a smokescreen. Apparently 'Crooked' Hillary is to blame –*she's the ringleader, it's all in her emails #LockHerUp

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I heard that the fella named is a smokescreen. Apparently 'Crooked' Hillary is to blame –*she's the ringleader, it's all in her emails #LockHerUp

Build a wall. That should sort it.

(and make the bullied kid's family pay for it)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Has anyone actually watched the video?

The attack lasts for about 10 seconds and bully tips a bit of water on him, the way it's been described I was expecting a full on beating. I'm sure the usual suspects will be all over this post like a rash, but it really wasn't that bad. The kid is most likely a little shit and a bully but anyone calling for retribution against him needs to give their head a shake, that's the school and the police's business.
Without trying to play victim top trumps I've personally had worse than that walking home from school in Burgess Hill on at least two occasions from kids much older and bigger than me. It's not nice but it's so common that you get on with it, or you used to until camera phones were invented.

This is the best and worst of social media rolled up into one - good for highlighting a bully who deserves to be punished but the public shaming and witch hunt is pretty nasty stuff, equally as nasty as the initial attack.

As for the money, they've had the equivalent of a lottery win so good luck to them and I hope they use it wisely. I sincerely hope it doesn't turn out to be a poisoned challis.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
There will always be bullies as there were at Moulsecoomb school in the late sixties early seventies. No camera phones then so I ended up getting caned by the Head for biffing the bully :moo:

Bloody el, didn't realise you were there then.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can’t help but think he’ll get “sorted out” if he goes inside. I don’t condone violence but sometimes it’s the only language people understand, especially bullies.

Actually a lot of bullies are bullies because they are bullied at home. A kid that me and another fellow on NSC grew up with (at different times) was a case in point. It doesn't make it any better for the victims, but an eye for an eye isn't always appropriate.

That said I wouldn't call this shit a bully as such. He's merely a twisted racist. That also said, probably best this thread be closed quickly. Mods!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The attack lasts for about 10 seconds and bully tips a bit of water on him, the way it's been described I was expecting a full on beating. I'm sure the usual suspects will be all over this post like a rash, but it really wasn't that bad. The kid is most likely a little shit and a bully but anyone calling for retribution against him needs to give their head a shake, that's the school and the police's business.
Without trying to play victim top trumps I've personally had worse than that walking home from school in Burgess Hill on at least two occasions from kids much older and bigger than me. It's not nice but it's so common that you get on with it, or you used to until camera phones were invented.

This is the best and worst of social media rolled up into one - good for highlighting a bully who deserves to be punished but the public shaming and witch hunt is pretty nasty stuff, equally as nasty as the initial attack.

As for the money, they've had the equivalent of a lottery win so good luck to them and I hope they use it wisely. I sincerely hope it doesn't turn out to be a poisoned challis.

This was just the latest attack. Apparently he had his arm/wrist broken by the other boy. Months and months of bullying not just a ten second school playground jape.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Poor lad. I hope he gets over this.
I also hope they use that money wisely because they won't get any government help with that sitting in their account and as much as 76k sounds like a lot it won't last long.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

The attack lasts for about 10 seconds and bully tips a bit of water on him, the way it's been described I was expecting a full on beating. I'm sure the usual suspects will be all over this post like a rash, but it really wasn't that bad.

:facepalm:
Wow, wasn't that bad?
Watch it again, unless the video on this thread is different than the original one on Twitter from yesterday ( I don't actually want to watch it again) the bully head butted the victim, knocks him to the floor, throttled him and this was before forcing the water down his throat.

I hope no other kid has to go through this at this school.
Well at least the bully's brain dead thick as shite mate filmed the attack.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Obviously what the boy did was wrong. There's no defending it. But shouldn't there be some proportionality about the response. I'd like to thing the comment about sending him to prison to sort him out was intended light-heartedly, but such is the anger to someone who pointed out you get bullying at every school, even bullying based on race/ethnicity/religion/etc at every school, I can't be sure. I'd say if the kid went to prison, he'd be just as likely to find like-minded people who he turns to as they're the only ones not attacking him, almost condemning the child to a life of hatred and bigotry.

Danny Zuker is an emmy award winning writer for the tv show Modern Family. It is hugely successful in America, so he has a lot of followers. He has also made a bit of a social media name for himself due to a spat with Donald Trump, so has garnered a largely left leaning audience. Earlier today he retweeted a post from someone naming both kids, and giving out the school email address. This has gone world-wide. There will be people from around the globe all chipping in with their two penn'orth.

As wrong, bad, hateful as this kids actions were, people have already pointed to his family, and his upbringing. Others online have pointed to the level of conversation in politics and society today (a PM talking about queue jumpers, front pages on the sun and the mail trying to frighten people into hating 'others'. That's just our country, there's just as bad and worse things permeating from American culture, through the global reach of social media.

When it's two kids involved, shouldn't there be some sort of restraint, and maybe view it as a chance for the kid to learn and grow rather than a 'come on everyone, pile in and let's teach him a thing or two about bullying, then lock him up and throw away the key'?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Obviously what the boy did was wrong. There's no defending it. But shouldn't there be some proportionality about the response. I'd like to thing the comment about sending him to prison to sort him out was intended light-heartedly, but such is the anger to someone who pointed out you get bullying at every school, even bullying based on race/ethnicity/religion/etc at every school, I can't be sure. I'd say if the kid went to prison, he'd be just as likely to find like-minded people who he turns to as they're the only ones not attacking him, almost condemning the child to a life of hatred and bigotry.

Danny Zuker is an emmy award winning writer for the tv show Modern Family. It is hugely successful in America, so he has a lot of followers. He has also made a bit of a social media name for himself due to a spat with Donald Trump, so has garnered a largely left leaning audience. Earlier today he retweeted a post from someone naming both kids, and giving out the school email address. This has gone world-wide. There will be people from around the globe all chipping in with their two penn'orth.

As wrong, bad, hateful as this kids actions were, people have already pointed to his family, and his upbringing. Others online have pointed to the level of conversation in politics and society today (a PM talking about queue jumpers, front pages on the sun and the mail trying to frighten people into hating 'others'. That's just our country, there's just as bad and worse things permeating from American culture, through the global reach of social media.

When it's two kids involved, shouldn't there be some sort of restraint, and maybe view it as a chance for the kid to learn and grow rather than a 'come on everyone, pile in and let's teach him a thing or two about bullying, then lock him up and throw away the key'?

I guess the moral of the story is don’t be a racist bully?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
:facepalm:
Wow, wasn't that bad?
Watch it again, unless the video on this thread is different than the original one on Twitter from yesterday ( I don't actually want to watch it again) the bully head butted the victim, knocks him to the floor, throttled him and this was before forcing the water down his throat.

I hope no other kid has to go through this at this school.
Well at least the bully's brain dead thick as shite mate filmed the attack.

And I'm saying that I've seen and experienced worse than that. As depressing as it sounds this kind of behaviour isn't uncommon, at least it wasn't when I was at school in the 90s. I'm just surprised by the level of coverage, and shock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here