Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Syrian refugee attacked at Huddersfield school

D

Deleted member 22389

The report I read said £50k (I'm not disputing your figure) but I must admit I felt a bit uneasy about this. Kids are bullied at school all over the country which in some cases has a profound effect on the rest of their lives. If people were giving for a anti bullying charity or such like then fine but to give that sort of money to one victim seems wrong.

You right, there are some kids as we speak probably going through hell and scared of going to school tomorrow. This money should go to help other kids because what are they going to do with all this money.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You right, there are some kids as we speak probably going through hell and scared of going to school tomorrow. This money should go to help other kids because what are they going to do with all this money.

The page is pretty clear on how the money is going to be used but do go ahead and tell everyone that has donated what to do with their cash.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It's racially motivated. His facebook feed is full of Rommy Tobinson, Britain First ect. Racial crimes tend to receive a lot of attention these days. That aside, you've totally missed the point anyway.

Elder brother convicted of football hooliganism supporting Huddersfield, when your children turn out like this then the parents need to take a long hard look at themselves

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Elder brother convicted of football hooliganism supporting Huddersfield, when your children turn out like this then the parents need to take a long hard look at themselves

Not sure the elder brother can be classed as a hooligan given he beat up a load of teenagers who were not 'hooligans'. And the mother has been in the trouble for racial-motivated crimes. Lovely family

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Obviously this was an attack by a bully with racist overtones.

When I was at school this was neigh on a daily occurrence on the way home, bullies picking on the vulnerable (these bullies were nearly always came from an abusive family).
Have times changed that much, how many kids from all backgrounds go through this regularly. not trip home from school went by when the threat of violence was in the air, either from rival school or gangs or just the local bully.

I feel slightly uncomfortable about the crowd funding though to be honest, am I wrong about that, I feel if it went to an anti bullying programme or something I get that but this
"Jamal's family are refugees in the UK and they struggle to meet the basic necessities of life. We want to raise money for the family to ease their situation and hopefully they can use the funds to help improve their quality of life and to put a smile on their faces. Having left a war torn country, the least they deserve is to live in peace without being harassed. Please donate generously and let’s change this horrible situation into a blessing in disguise for them"

Plenty of people are bullied every single day, it is not about helping just one family more than another, singling them out is probably adding fuel to a possibly racist parent who's child then perpetuates the cycle.

Is that wrong of me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So being a refugee makes it worse and makes news despite this stuff going on everywhere in schools ?

Yes.

Attacking someone in a bullying indiscriminate way is bad. Unacceptable.

But when an attack is racially motivated there is an extra layer to the victims suffering. It's harder to rationalise what has happened for them. And, of course, they are likely to be more fearful, feeling they are a target.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And lets be honest. This only went 'viral' because the police decided to take no action after the poor kid had his wrist broken, and then this incident. If the police or school can't be bothered to act then quite rightly this deserves the attention it has received.

The family address is all over the place to so given their Britain First links I'm sure the family will get suitably dealt with

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
So being a refugee makes it worse and makes news despite this stuff going on everywhere in schools ?

Of course it does. Being a young child growing up in Syria, he would have seen stuff unimaginable to most of us. To then be treated like that in environment that is supposed to be safe for him is absolutely appalling.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Fair point. But no one is stopping you setting up a page for your idea and then donating your money to it. In the mean time I’ll put my money where I choose.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I doubt they give a shit.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Well the bullies Mum has (allegedly) previously been convicted of Racial Abuse (or assault?). There's old online articles that surfaced yesterday.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Worryingly, if that school is the one I think it is that has been renamed, that was my school for a couple of years!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
People get bullied at school all the time sadly and i just don't get why this case gets just as much attention.

because he's come from a war torn country, as a refugee, only to be mercilessly tormented and racially abused by some EDL wannabe. In my opinion, that is an issue worth being raised and dealt with, weather it normally happens or not. You have to take into context how this story's prominence came about. People became aware of this story because tweets about it (and the accompanying video) went viral on social media. All you need there is a few thousand people across the world who are enraged by this sort of thing to click retweet, and there you have it, everyone knows about it. Particularly when anti-refugee sentiment is very high, stuff like this is bound to do the rounds when video evidence is posted alongside on social media. And that is a good thing imo.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
A kid with scumbag parents and a scumbag family bullies someone weaker than him. I think that's been going on since we were cavemen....

When I was that age - ginger kids got bullied, fat kids got bullied, kids with a lazy eye got bullied, kids who wore shit clothes got bullied, poor kids got bullied for being poor, and rich kids got their new designer clothes ripped or stamped on. They got bullied in their own town or village, where they were supposed to feel safe.

Now... any form of bullying is wrong. Totally wrong. It piles stress on the person being bullied and makes their life a complete misery. I was bullied when I was about 9 years old and it took over my life worrying about going to school, break times, and then running home as fast as I could to avoid them. I was a child, and no child should ever feel like that.

So, the kid who got bullied should be spoken to and have it explained that the bully is a worthless piece of shit and is no reflection on British society as a whole. The bully needs to be hauled through the correctional system and be shown exactly what a Syrian refugee has seen, experienced, and then run away from. Educate the little runt, show him exactly how wrong he was to do what he did - and the abuse he doled out was nothing compared to what he and his family have probably experienced. Then, give the victim the proper counselling to help him understand what happened, and why.

Should this involve a £76,000+ windfall, VIP treatment, and minor celebrity status wherever he goes for the next few weeks? Should it bollocks. Sorry. That's just a knee-jerk reaction from the PC Brigade, as usual...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can’t help but think he’ll get “sorted out” if he goes inside. I don’t condone violence but sometimes it’s the only language people understand, especially bullies.

He's 16 so therefore will appear in a Youth court. He's more likely to get a Referral Order which will deal with behaviourial problems.

There is a further problem where it is illegal to name a youth suspect who has been charged, but it's all over social media.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here