Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Vegan hardline communists

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I disagree. They stimulate debate which I feel is needed.

I hadn't thought of that lens on it, but don't the conversations tend to be along the lines of 'aren't vegans twats'.

Invariably, when I talk about it to my mates, it always ends up a debate about whether humans/primates/etc are designed to eat meat or not, which is surely besides the point. From a vegan standpoint, the question is about whether it's acceptable to have animals killed solely for us to enjoy eating them. We clearly don't need it to survive or for any evolutionary advantage anymore.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Most meaning more than 50%. Probably although I would suggest that the % of Vegans who get involved in protests is pretty high. I`ll guess at 30% or more. The protesters in this case clearly felt the need to inflict their views on the diners.

There are 3.5 million vegans in the UK. The protesting type are probably about 1% of that.

edit: just seen this has already been said

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I read or heard a while back that it was only when our ancestors started to cook meat that an evolutionary jump was made. So Vegans wouldn't be here today without meat eaters.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
If I stopped eating meat, it wouldn't stop the suffering and slaughter of millions or billions of animals, sadly. I would be surprised if it even saved one.

I do feel strongly about animal welfare, but I'm not suggesting that we should ban meat eating (yet) - although I would support it, if there was a realistic chance of it happening.

I predict that it will one day be outlawed, and probably regarded as a barbaric act of the past, once synthetic meat become a viable alternative in the future.

How did you predict it would be one day outlawed genius?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think we can all agree that causing the unnecessary suffering upon another being, including animals, is immoral.

No, many humans do not think that. That is why our species will be short lived. We simply as a whole do not care about this planet, it's inhabitants, eco system, resources and climate. For a supposed intelligent sentient being we really are incredibly stupid and that is why in the scheme of things we will not be around for long before a more benevolent being takes over. If there is a super intelligent alien species out there observing us the mystery as to why they have not contacted us is they probably look at us and think " bunch of wronguns " and give us a wide birth

As to the Vegans demo, their right but a waste of time as 95% of humans don't actually give a rats arse

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Marx had a vegan Korean/Peruvian fusion pop-up in Paris in the 1830s. That's where he met Engels, who immediately packed in his job at the local abattoir when he tried Marx's mung bean kimchi ceviche.

I had to read the Communist Manifesto at uni. If you read the (incredibly rare) unabridged first edition, appendix 3 is actually the recipe for the aforementioned mung bean kimchi ceviche. Strange but true.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I genuinely don’t think I’d have an issue if they popped into Cin Cin. Whilst never in a restaurant, I have been inconvenienced by many demos/strikes etc over the years and I have survived. I’d rather people express themselves.

Yes but aren’t all protesters a bit smelly and dirty?

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Once synthetic meat is as good as, or better than, genuine meat - no one will be able to justify the slaughtering of animals anymore.

Oh, I see.
Well, what goes round comes round and rather like the 'Campaign for Real Ale' I can foresee a 'Campaign for Real Meat' starting up in somewhere like North Laine in a hundred years or so!:D

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
A lot of people still don't, but if you look at the act of meat eating objectively - having millions of animals suffer and slaughtered for no other purpose than to satisify our taste buds, at the detriment of both the environment and the economy - it's difficult to think of a counter argument as to why it isn't immoral.

I'm a meat eater and I believe that I am weak and carrying out an immoral act by eating meat. I love food, my favourite meals are all meat based. However I would fully support the outright ban of meat eating in an instant - it is the right thing to do.

Nail on head.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
35,000 protesting type then...Enough to fill the Amex !! Are there any Vegan Pies available ?? Or vegan Hot Dogs ??

I know you’re taking the piss but they should do a vegan pie, it’s not just vegans that can’t eat dairy. I’ve had some really good vegan pies at some food markets, no reason why we couldn’t do a cracking one.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There are 3.5 million vegans in the UK. The protesting type are probably about 1% of that.

edit: just seen this has already been said

It is just over 500 000 not 3 500 000

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I know you’re taking the piss but they should do a vegan pie, it’s not just vegans that can’t eat dairy. I’ve had some really good vegan pies at some food markets, no reason why we couldn’t do a cracking one.

Agreed. All of Forest Green Rovers’ match day food is vegan.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I've always wanted to know what the Vegans think will happen to the animals raised for food if everyone stopped eating them

Are they all to be set free to roam the wild? (what impact would that have on other wildlife when they are set free and no longer contained within enclosures on farmland)

Do they expect farmers to keep herd of cattle, sheep and pigs, as well as flocks of Chickens, etc.. and continue to pay to feed and raise them but have no income from that activity to pay for it all?

After the Salmonella outbreak in the the late 80's, 4 million chickens were slaughtered because there was no longer any demand for their eggs as a consequence of the outbreak - So if everyone stopped eating meat, how many farm animals do they think will be slaughtered as a result?- the only difference from what happens now being, it will be just to dispose of the animals, rather than to source food

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here