Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Vegan hardline communists

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
A comment from the Argus article, makes a good point.

FloJ

26th November 11:11 am

"All cows that we use for meat are a domesticated hybrid-breed descended from wild aurochs (long extinct) 10,000 years ago from Africa and southern Asia, so have never been a wild species in themselves. If not for food, the whole species would cease to exist. They could not even survive in the wild as there is no natural sustainable food structure for them, and never has been. They have only ever been farmed.

The "I Want To Live" sign is totally ridiculous and only serves to illustrate the total ignorance and limited intelligence on display here. If these vegans could propose a whole new model of what happens to life on earth regarding existing species survival and the consequences of that, rather than just stabbing ignorantly with ironically ill-conceived placards, then I might have more respect for their cause, but sadly they never manage to form a coherent or intelligent argument.

Follow a vegan lifestyle for sure, but stop getting into other people's faces with misguided evangelism for a cause that has no real plan.

People can follow whatever lifestyle they choose as far as I'm concerned, but argue with me, and I'm going to argue back."

Apart from some primary school level facts I'm not sure what is particularly good about this comment. In fact it misses the point by a significantly larger margin than Ulloa's penalty.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Fresh concerns have been raised over the safety of healthy lifestyles after a study found that people following them invariably die eventually anyway.

A team of scientists from Rochdale’s Community University found that people who ate fruit, went for a jog, didn’t smoke and drank no alcohol were exactly as likely to die as chain smoking drunks and fatties.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Looking at the Vegan Brighton page the majority if not all are well pissed of with this group of ‘activists’.

Being vegan is fine, marching around forcing it on people isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
All this just makes me think of a Jimmy Carr joke...

Whenever I throw a dinner party I always make sure there is a vegetarian option.

They can f**k off.

Vegans like us all are meat...Perhaps "Vegan" should be on the Steak House menu !!

We`d be safe we can never be on the menu in a Vegan restaurant.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Vegans protest Christmas turkeys at Waitrose

^ I don't have an issue with that one. Might even convince a couple of people.

Personally, I am not at all sure on this. I love all animals and always make an exaggerated fuss of dogs, yet also enjoy eating meat, and imagine that many others feel likewise. I can sympathise with vegans not liking Christmas, but if your protest means annoying and seemingly forcing your views on others whilst having a night out, then that is always going to be counter-productive.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Last wednesday there were about ten of them protesting on "Albourne Road" at a farm entrance. May have been Turkey Farm?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
FBE4EAB1-E076-4DC4-9D00-4896D70EA9BD.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here