Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Vegan hardline communists

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Eggs are natural. A cow will give milk, as will a goat. Obviously with intense production the bull calves are sent for animal food or veal, but people owning one cow or nanny goat are not causing the animal any suffering by drinking their milk or making cheese and butter.
Vegans will tell you different.

I don't disagree with you on that. I eat eggs, on the proviso that they are free range. I eat cheese, too - but am not comfortable with intense farming as a means of production.

I don't eat meat as a personal choice. I don't believe that an animal should die so that I can eat it.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Can`t the Vegans just be Vegans. Why like a lot of marginal groups do they feel the need to try to impose their ideologies on us all.
I for one would feel my Christmas Dinner without a Turkey my Sunday Roast with merely Vegetables or my visit to restaurant without meat would be rather bland.
I like vegetables but just vegetables. No thanks not for me.
And why did police not come to evict them ? Poor show.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Humans are omnivores.

Eating meat is not immoral . . . . plenty of farming methods are extremely questionable however.

These guys are just twats, up there with EDL and other extremist tosspots.

Humans didnt eat meat until 5he invention of the short handled axe and our ancestory (apes) are vegetarian/vegan

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Can`t the Vegans just be Vegans. Why like a lot of marginal groups do they feel the need to try to impose their ideologies on us all.
I for one would feel my Christmas Dinner without a Turkey my Sunday Roast with merely Vegetables or my visit to restaurant without meat would be rather bland.
I like vegetables but just vegetables. No thanks not for me.
And why did police not come to evict them ? Poor show.

Clearly most vegans don't feel the need to force their ideologies on anyone else. There are many, many vegans - it is a lazy cliche that they always feel the need to inflict their views on others.

And the police didn't come because their budgets have been slashed repeatedly, there are too few of them, and they have to prioritise.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Clearly most vegans don't feel the need to force their ideologies on anyone else. There are many, many vegans - it is a lazy cliche that they always feel the need to inflict their views on others.

And the police didn't come because their budgets have been slashed repeatedly, there are too few of them, and they have to prioritise.

Most meaning more than 50%. Probably although I would suggest that the % of Vegans who get involved in protests is pretty high. I`ll guess at 30% or more. The protesters in this case clearly felt the need to inflict their views on the diners.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
As others have said this isn't the way to go about enacting change.

I'm trying to cut down on eating meat myself, mostly for budgetary reasons and because my other half is vegetarian, but if I was sitting in that restaurant I'd certainly not be warming up to their cause.
It was a steakhouse - so clearly a meat only establishment and the sort of place that the red blooded carnivore hangs out in . My view is that if you are prepared to kill and butcher an animal then you can eat it . I personally get upset when I chop up an avocado . A worry is the restaurant manager rang the police and they never turned up at all - apparantly they were on a stakeout somewhere else ...

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Eggs are natural. A cow will give milk, as will a goat. Obviously with intense production the bull calves are sent for animal food or veal, but people owning one cow or nanny goat are not causing the animal any suffering by drinking their milk or making cheese and butter.
Vegans will tell you different.

Eggs if not eaten = New life. A cow makes milk when calf born for calf. Bull calves from Dairy Cows are mainly reared for Beef . People milking cows or goats for milk cheese or butter can only do so if they take animals young away.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It was a steakhouse - so clearly a meat only establishment and the sort of place that the red blooded carnivore hangs out in . My view is that if you are prepared to kill and butcher an animal then you can eat it . I personally get upset when I chop up an avocado . A worry is the restaurant manager rang the police and they never turned up at all - apparantly they were on a stakeout somewhere else ...

Vegans turn up to a steakhouse and make a nuisance of themselves.
Omnivores previously enjoying their meals realise the errors of their ways.

One of those things happened.

Last edited:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Vegans turn up to a steakhouse and make a nuisance of themselves.
Carnivores previously enjoying their meals realise the errors of their ways.

One of those things happened.

I doubt anyone in the Steakhouse was a Carnivore. Is anyone ?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Chimpanzees are omnivores I think, not that I'm saying the rest of your post is incorrect.

Yes indeed, chimps are omnivores.

In some areas the chimps have scoffed up so many red colobus monkeys that they are almost extinct.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If I stopped eating meat, it wouldn't stop the suffering and slaughter of millions or billions of animals, sadly. I would be surprised if it even saved one.

I do feel strongly about animal welfare, but I'm not suggesting that we should ban meat eating (yet) - although I would support it, if there was a realistic chance of it happening.

I predict that it will one day be outlawed, and probably regarded as a barbaric act of the past, once synthetic meat become a viable alternative in the future.

'In the year 2525, if man is still alive"
Zager and Evans 1968.:D

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I heard a phone-in on the radio years ago, they were discussing the morality of eating meat and this old guy rang in and said "If God didn't intend us to eat meat, why did he make it taste so nice ?"

the joke hints at an underlying truth - we crave meat. indiginous peoples across the world dont just go vegan they seek out meat. its highly nutritious, loads of minerals and of course proteins, that have already been pre-process from volumes of foliage. my sister was vegetarian until she was pregnant and began to crave meat so gave up veggism, and apparently this is quite common.

Humans didnt eat meat until 5he invention of the short handled axe and our ancestory (apes) are vegetarian/vegan

primates are omnivorous and even hunt prey, and theres a theory that regularly eating meat accelerated our brain development into humans.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I would bet a pound to a penny that every one of those protestors would either not vote 'cos it is irrelevant', or note vote cos 'it achieves nothing', vote Corbyn, or vote Green (trendy Labour). They also believe that Utopia (Communism) can actually work.

A classic way for you to become bankrupt in no time at all.

What you're effectively saying is you have no idea what you're on about, but you're happy to tell anyone and everyone of you vast ocean of prejudices to prove it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
A lot of people still don't, but if you look at the act of meat eating objectively - having millions of animals suffer and slaughtered for no other purpose than to satisify our taste buds, at the detriment of both the environment and the economy - it's difficult to think of a counter argument as to why it isn't immoral.

I'm a meat eater and I believe that I am weak and carrying out an immoral act by eating meat. I love food, my favourite meals are all meat based. However I would fully support the outright ban of meat eating in an instant - it is the right thing to do.

in my more reflective moments i wonder at what a disgusting creature the human is , captivated and enslaved bred for purpose animals , creating a life purely to feed it up and cut it down in it's prime purely for financial gain or to eat ....domestic or commercial it's all the same , but then again i think what humans have done to the planet in the last 150 years or so is ****ing disgusting too....i try not to think about it too much , it is virtually impossible to lead a 100 % ethical life in the western world these days , you would need to move to a tiny island with a few goats and pigs and live off fish caught daily ......but then again you'd probably be screwed within 10 years what with rising sea levels and all that ..........people who perform the sort of stunts these turkeys have undertaken are , in my opinion , in dire need of some good hard British discipline.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Only if fertilised. I don't have a cockerall so none of the eggs my chickens lay can become a new life.

I think you`ll agree that Eggs were created for reproduction not food.

Get your hens a cockerel! You`ll get eggs and Chicken and an alarm clock !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here