Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Simple question

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My grandchildren are often using my laptops to play games so I have to use my tablet I have a mini usb to HDMI converter to put something on the tv to watch but can I buy an adaptor that will allow me to use the same mini USB power point to both charge the tablet and transmit to HDMI or is that not possible. I looked on Ebay but couldnt find anything when using a search.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Galaxy Tab 3 I have seen the adaptors for mutiple usb leads but most of the mini usb to hdmi adaptors do not seem to have the correct male/female connection make up

What I need is a mlni male usb into the tablet with 2 mini usb female outlets, Also could the charging/ connection port cope with both functions.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My grandchildren are often using my laptops to play games so I have to use my tablet I have a mini usb to HDMI converter to put something on the tv to watch but can I buy an adaptor that will allow me to use the same mini USB power point to both charge the tablet and transmit to HDMI or is that not possible. I looked on Ebay but couldnt find anything when using a search.

Like this ?

REALMAX[emoji2400] 2m Micro USB to HDMI Cable Adapter MHL for Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5, Note 2, Note 3, Note 8.0, Note 10.1 to 1080P HDTV (Red) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0153PWWB6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_-cO-BbQVTQH5A

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Edit, turns out the HDMI 5v line is for the HDMI sink (ie the TV) to receive, ie for switching, not supply. You would need to inject power to use it to charge your device.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wouldn't expect that to be possible. A decent tablet should be able to play a lot of hours before needing a recharge though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mine is about 4 years old perhaps I should run it down completely then recharge it doing this 2 or 3 times I am told should take the battery back to it s full capability. I am not sure of its active battery life at the moment when fully charged.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You know you said you were bored of daytime tv. Why don’t you enrol on a computer course. Just a thought. :D

At my age the retention of info becomes a problem. I went ona basic course many years ago when I first had a computer in the pub, pre internet, days as they are now. but technology and the information available has increased.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Edit, turns out the HDMI 5v line is for the HDMI sink (ie the TV) to receive, ie for switching, not supply. You would need to inject power to use it to charge your device.

to translate for "simple answer", happypig is saying its not possible.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That only comes in to play when somebody has provided the answer which in this case is either No it cant be done or yes here is a link,, which I have been unable to find,.

I think he means could you give anyone reading a clue as to what the question is about in the thread title.........

‘Simple question about mini USB HDMI cables’ perhaps ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here