Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Vardy a thug?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Schmeichels fault is that he thinks he is better than he is and believes the media stories that he will replace De Gea at United, if he goes, and will emulate his dad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've never quite bought into the slating of Lil Maty Ryan's distribution, he primarily kicks the ball into the most difficult part of the pitch, and sometimes it doesn't pay off.

But after seeing Schmeichel's distribution yesterday it would seem I'm wrong and Maty has a long way to go before his kicking is even halfway decent.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Her barged Duffy out the way as Duffy was on a yellow and he wanted a reaction to make it 10 v 10

Duffy took this as a compliment and obligingly collapsed in a heap without complaint ( or reaction )

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can you please use full stops next time. I nearly passed out trying to read this.... :jester:

Whatever you do, don't read any of alfredmizen's posts. You will end up giving your own eyeballs a stiff talking to. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
WRT OP post, Vardy is absolute gold and we would snap off.....oh, hang on. Actually he is plagued with self doubt and struggles a fair bit to keep his mojo solid. If he ever does an autobiog no doubt you'll read it then.

If it is forward thug you're thinking about (and I mean fully engaged, totally focused, utter barsterd) then look no further than 'elbows' Alan Shearer.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He’s a bit Craig Bellamey, nasty, snidey , sneaky, and as fast as greased lightning.

I’d have him in our team in an instant.

D

Deleted member 18477

Vardy is not a thug. He’s just not as good as Aguero and gets frustrated like most players when their brain is telling them what to do but their ability just isn’t there. It can look thuggish at times. Jonjo Shelvey comes to mind, he can see the tackle, the pass, the goal but ability just isn’t up there with say De Bruyne. That’s the difference between good and world class. Much the same as when a footballer has immense phsyical ability with strength, power, pace but lacks a footballing brain. Vardy makes the most of what he has.

Vinnie Jones was a thug. Literally hacked a player down for pleasure.

Last edited by a moderator:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Whenever I see him the music from Steptoe and Son plays in my head. He is a great player, a nightmare to play against and his non league grounding has held him in good stead. Would I have have him in my team, yes in a heartbeat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here