Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Vardy a thug?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Vardy is a very good players and very quick but yesterday I saw signs in his play that I didnt like e.g. he went in on Ryan and left his foot in thus injuring him and also just in front of the west stand he went for a ball with, IIRC Bernardo and obviously had no intention whatsoever of going for the ball with the intent purely on taking Bernardo out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They'd make a lovely couple.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Vardy is a very good players and very quick but yesterday I saw signs in his play that I didnt like e.g. he went in on Ryan and left his foot in thus injuring him and also just in front of the west stand he went for a ball with, IIRC Bernardo and obviously had no intention whatsoever of going for the ball with the intent purely on taking Bernardo out.

Didn't notice Ryan injured until Duffy had ploughed straight through Vardy. Maybe Shane was dispensing instant justice.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Thug? No.

Anyway Duffy applied a bit of retribution on him just after.

He definitely showed enthusiasm and dragged Leicester back into the game, and his penalty was fantastic. (Notwithstanding the damage it did to us)

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
More of a scrote

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
old fashioned player

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was shocked to see how easily he barged Duffy out of the way dumping him on his back, not often you see that! The type of player we love to hate but would also love to have in our side.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was shocked to see how easily he barged Duffy out of the way dumping him on his back, not often you see that! The type of player we love to hate but would also love to have in our side.

I wouldnt disagree with that. I was most concerned about the 'tackle' on Bernardo.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester

Can you please use full stops next time. I nearly passed out trying to read this.... :jester:

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I was in the west stand, I kept watching Ryan in the second half, was he injured, did he have cramp? Either way, he kept rubbing his knees, calf etc. I kept thinking is he going to come off and oh god, if we have to rely on his replacement, we’ll loose!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I was in the west stand, I kept watching Ryan in the second half, was he injured, did he have cramp? Either way, he kept rubbing his knees, calf etc. I kept thinking is he going to come off and oh god, if we have to rely on his replacement, we’ll loose!

It's lose!

Anyway, nothing like giving a vote of confidence to a goalkeeper who may be very good! A lot of people thought Ryan would be rubbish after Stockdale left. How wrong they turned out to be!!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It’s the football upbringing he’s had, he has had to play like that.

If you watch Murray closely he has a lot of the same tendancies as do most players who come through non league and the lower divisions. It’s tough.

I think Vardy’s brilliant. I actually always enjoy watching him play (except yesterday) as he’s quite a unique player in the premier league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here