Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We’re 12th!

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
We are currently 12th in the table. For our second season in the premier league that is really good going. Yes I get that today was incredibly frustrating, 1 0 up against 10 men and we seemed to hand them the initiative. Yes, some of our recent wins have felt fortunate. But if we’re playing below what we’re capable of and are 12th in the league, think how well we’ll do once we click.

They often say say the sign of champions is to be able to win ugly. In a similar way I take it as a good sign that we can be below par and have a decent points tally.

Keep the faith!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As said, we're 12th.
Another point.
Next two games are against teams who are in a worse position than us.
Pick up points here and we're laughing all the way to the NSC asylum wetting_pants-2150.gif crazy-2239.gif

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Impressive points tally, going through a dip but with key players now back. We’ll be fine

I wonder just how many teams, since the PL started, have looked at the table at around Christmas time and thought, 'Yeh, we're alright.' Double figures, I wouldn't be surprised.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Refs haven't helped lately.

Plus I think I'd rather us be 12th and playing bad, than 19th and playing well. Have faith in the club continuing to improve and grow.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Refs haven't helped lately.

Plus I think I'd rather us be 12th and playing bad, than 19th and playing well. Have faith in the club continuing to improve and grow.

I agree refs haven't helped.

Long term, performance levels turn into points. CH admitted some time ago we were playing poorly, it worries me this is showing no signs of improvement.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I agree refs haven't helped.

Long term, performance levels turn into points. CH admitted some time ago we were playing poorly, it worries me this is showing no signs of improvement.

Yes. Last reason we were newbies in the PL - every other team would have thought we were there for the taking, so we had to scrap for everything - and we did: very well. This season, after spending what? - £50M ish? - in the summer, not to mention what we paid for Locadia in January, we might have expected to see our team playing better than last season ................... but we haven't.
We might have got a better in depth squad (maybe) - but a better team?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Yes. Last reason we were newbies in the PL - every other team would have thought we were there for the taking, so we had to scrap for everything - and we did: very well. This season, after spending what? - £50M ish? - in the summer, not to mention what we paid for Locadia in January, we might have expected to see our team playing better than last season ................... but we haven't.
We might have got a better in depth squad (maybe) - but a better team?

Oh, because its yo,u, and as you're so keen to point out typos. You mean SEASON? surely?

With pleasure ;)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We won't be 12th by Dec 31 (and that's not the end of the season either). I don't know where we'll be, but suspect it will be a fair bit lower and closer to the bottom 3

Pity, for different reasons it feels like we've chucked 5 points away in last 2 games and I don't have any confidence our form is going to improve.

Yesterday was so predictable. Next up Hudders and pretty sure there's a big majority with a common view of how that will go

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We won't be 12th by Dec 31 (and that's not the end of the season either). I don't know where we'll be, but suspect it will be a fair bit lower and closer to the bottom 3

Pity, for different reasons it feels like we've chucked 5 points away in last 2 games and I don't have any confidence our form is going to improve.

Yesterday was so predictable. Next up Hudders and pretty sure there's a big majority with a common view of how that will go

I am struggling for positives after the last two games but having Gross and Propper back is a big plus and both had decent games given how long they have been out. Maybe just maybe we will start to believe in ourselves again because we have been dire for most of this season and playing with very little belief. I do expect Hudderfield’s pressing game will prove too much for us again though.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Just amazed we're 12th as we're either really lucky or this league is getting really bad :)
I predicted 3rd from bottom so time will tell !!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I am struggling for positives after the last two games but having Gross and Propper back is a big plus and both had decent games given how long they have been out. Maybe just maybe we will start to believe in ourselves again because we have been dire for most of this season and playing with very little belief. I do expect Hudderfield’s pressing game will prove too much for us again though.

Dec fixtures don't get any easier. Such is my confidence I thought of checking odds on a total blank.

Let's hope the return of Propper and Gross really do get us going

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Our performance levels have been bottom three from game 2 onwards. Unfortunately, eventually the table will reflect that.

Fortunately for us there are worse teams below us. Southampton lost, so we gained a point on them.
The table doesn't lie.

It's always been the same supporting the Albion. It's a rollercoaster and when you think you'll get absolutely nothing, they pull something out of the bag.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I wonder just how many teams, since the PL started, have looked at the table at around Christmas time and thought, 'Yeh, we're alright.' Double figures, I wouldn't be surprised.

Don’t misunderstand, we are in a relegation battle, but who at the start of the season thought we wouldn’t be? If we stay in this league we will more often than not be in a relegation battle, and certainly in the early years. So, with that context, we have good points in the bag, some good players just back in, and other teams who are struggling to pick up points. No complacency here but no doom mongering either.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Averaging a point a game usually gets you relegated. This season, it seems to get you mid table. It's unusual to have so many poor scoring (in terms of points) teams. I suspect there will be a regression to the mean over time so, if we don't improve, will be sucked into the drop.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I thought they gave us a marked transformation first half, Propper offered us a dynamic and forward probing that we’ve really missed, and Gross was playing some lovely passes into spaces, again not been happening in his absence. Perhaps I’m over the top defensive of the management team because I’m very aware of the limitations of the players. Our wingers in particular are struggling. Hughton has tried all our options out wide and they’re just not delivering. Bernado played higher than Bong normally does, but that still didn’t get the best from Izquierdo who we desperately need to find his best form.

I think there is more to reflect on positively than people are giving credit for. We spent £50m but that isn’t much in this league across 4 or 5 players. I’m not sure there is any reason we’d go into any Premier League expecting anything other than a tough game. I didn’t expect us to be this clear of trouble going into December either, and we should be hopeful there is better form to come.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don’t misunderstand, we are in a relegation battle, but who at the start of the season thought we wouldn’t be? If we stay in this league we will more often than not be in a relegation battle, and certainly in the early years. So, with that context, we have good points in the bag, some good players just back in, and other teams who are struggling to pick up points. No complacency here but no doom mongering either.

Exactly. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here