Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To the bell ends who booed Locadia when he came on

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
If he hadn't wanted the fans to turn on him then he shouldn't have gone to the Dutch press saying he wanted away. TBH, given his attitude, he seems to fail the no dickheads ruling so come Jan he can head off for pastures new.

Apparently the "no dickheads" rule refers to players who are frustrated by a lack of playing time, but not those who committed alleged tax-evasion/driving offences.

He came on to try and turn the game on Saturday, and had someone gambled on his cross, he'd have an assist and we'd have three points. Booing him before he came on was ludicrous and I, for one, will not be making any excuses for those "dickheads".

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Apparently the "no dickheads" rule refers to players who are frustrated by a lack of playing time, but not those who committed alleged tax-evasion/driving offences.

He came on to try and turn the game on Saturday, and had someone gambled on his cross, he'd have an assist and we'd have three points. Booing him before he came on was ludicrous and I, for one, will not be making any excuses for those "dickheads".

Tax avoidance and driving offences do not (necessarily) generate an atmosphere in the dressing room/training pitch/etc. Bitching about the club & manager to the foreign press can.

And yes, he did play well on Sat... but he was booed BEFORE playing well and (I assume) as a direct result of him going to the press to bitch.

People are entitled to their opinions and their actions, just as he is entitled to talk to the press... however, there are consequences for his actions and, I agree with the opinions at least, of those who booed, that he broke the spirit of #together by airing his grievances in public rather than private.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
If he was on £40k a week and happy to take it whilst never playing, then some people would moan about that. I can understand his frustration and think that it's a good sign. Really hope he has a chance to prove himself soon and I shall be cheering him on all the while he wears our shirt.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It might be an unpopular view but I still have a feeling he has the attributes to be a good player. What he needs is an opportunity to play (that isn’t away to Man City) and maybe a bit of luck. I still feel like I’ve never really seen him play enough to form much of an opinion.

I don’t really understand why he gets so much grief on this site when we have three or four regulars who have played far more football than him this season and been well below par throughout without attracting anywhere near as much criticism.

I agree, and you've got a fair number of thumbs-up..... including me.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes agree. The lad has had a PR disaster and I hope he's learned from it. Time to forget it and get behind the team.

Also ... booing someone who might leave us. That's really needy

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agreed. I've been fairly vocally critical of him on here at points but booing an Albion player ON to the field just because you don't rate them is an utter dickhead move.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
There's a good player in there somewhere , i suspect the odd boo here and there will not do him any harm , i remember being booed as a postie because the persons Giro hadn't arrived on time , i didn't sulk and say to my boss i want to leave and become a milkman it just spurred me on to make sure everybody in upper bevendean received their Giro's on time .

#HERO

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It might be an unpopular view but I still have a feeling he has the attributes to be a good player. What he needs is an opportunity to play (that isn’t away to Man City) and maybe a bit of luck. I still feel like I’ve never really seen him play enough to form much of an opinion.

I don’t really understand why he gets so much grief on this site when we have three or four regulars who have played far more football than him this season and been well below par throughout without attracting anywhere near as much criticism.

I agree, once he bangs in a few goals you'll see a completely different player, he needs game time and not cameo appearances

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I agree, once he bangs in a few goals you'll see a completely different player, he needs game time and not cameo appearances

Do you think we'll see that? I'd really like to see him get a proper chance, I just can't see it happening unless Murray get injured.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Do you think we'll see that? I'd really like to see him get a proper chance, I just can't see it happening unless Murray get injured.

I think this current crop of games are seen as games we should be gathering points, so maybe not, however, Mr Murray is going to need to be rested at some point and we could give him a run then?

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia

This is the site that slags off every new player if they don't hit the ground running immediately. See Ryan as one of the more recent examples.

I'm also of the opinion that if we 1) Gave him some proper game time, or 2) Had a plan b that fit his style of play for when things are not working with our usual style, we might see more from him.

Most likely we will just see him leave and he goes into the Leon Best basket of our history.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Fans don't like players whinging to the press.

Hmm, is this the first time you've heard fans on his back then?

I think plenty have written him off, and let him know so, long before that article about wanting away came out.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
If and when Locadia does score his next goal for us, you just know he's going to do the Adebayor goal celebration! Running full pelt* towards the home end (North Stand) or away fans, full on knee slide and with his hands held towards his ears.

*casual jog more likely.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I only boooooooooooo. Murphy and he has now gone, and propper...who I think is rubbish!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got to love the differing opinions on players, I think he’s quality, but then again I think Locadia would be good for us...if he got a run of a few games. So what do I know :shrug:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
CH should star Andone and/or Locadia away from home (Muzza rarely delivers away) to see what they can actually do. If he persists with Murray as the first name on the sheet away from home then we'll NEVER move forward. If A and L leave without being given a proper chance, it's terrible mismanagement. ...IMHO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
CH should star Andone and/or Locadia away from home (Muzza rarely delivers away) to see what they can actually do. If he persists with Murray as the first name on the sheet away from home then we'll NEVER move forward. If A and L leave without being given a proper chance, it's terrible mismanagement. ...IMHO.

No trust is the problem I think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here